FORUMS

Dirty Unicorn vs ev_tenderloin question

75 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By _dave, Member on 11th November 2019, 08:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,
I have been away for a while and I am currently using Dirty Unicorn rc-v13.0-20190328. And as you all can see, I am happy with it "overall". My one problem is that I really miss my "bluetooth" headphones.

My questions is really two folds, 1. Is bluetooth ever going to be "fixed" for the HP TouchPad? and my second questions is, Is Evervolv still supporting and "upgrading" it's version for the Touchpad?

I basically want to know what to do, stay as I am or "upgrade" to Evervolv version???

Thanks,
12th November 2019, 04:37 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 421
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _dave

Hi All,
I have been away for a while and I am currently using Dirty Unicorn rc-v13.0-20190328. And as you all can see, I am happy with it "overall". My one problem is that I really miss my "bluetooth" headphones.

My questions is really two folds, 1. Is bluetooth ever going to be "fixed" for the HP TouchPad? and my second questions is, Is Evervolv still supporting and "upgrading" it's version for the Touchpad?

I basically want to know what to do, stay as I am or "upgrade" to Evervolv version???

Thanks,

I can not say what the ROM developer may do. But having Pie running on the Tablet as is, is pushing the limits.
I have never use Bluetooth and can not give recommendations, but there are 8 different ROMs to choose from and all them are set up with the same settings and performs the same, from this guide:
Click Here for ALL the ROMs
The ROMs that provide Bluetooth support are:
Oreo
Nougat
Lollipop
Kitkat
Try the one that will work best for your headphones.
The Following User Says Thank You to HP_TOUCHPAD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HP_TOUCHPAD Ad-Free
21st November 2019, 03:07 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I needed bluetooth so I am back to dirty unicorns 2.5. It works. Newer versions of Evervolv, DU, and
Lineage, just won't connect.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

I mean't to say Dirty Unicorns 12.5.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

I mean't to say Dirty Unicorns 12.5.
26th November 2019, 05:29 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Southern Calif Coastal area
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Are you referring to DU 12.5.3-20181116-0140-RC.zip? I want to get the correct version so I "can go back'".
BTW - thanks for the feedback.
26th November 2019, 05:40 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 421
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _dave

Are you referring to DU 12.5.3-20181116-0140-RC.zip? I want to get the correct version so I "can go back'".
BTW - thanks for the feedback.

Yes, that is the only DIrty Unicorn version of OREO by @flintman available to download.
If the Bluetooth does not work properly with it, then try Nougat or Lollipop.
Any ROM can be installed, backup and restore.
27th November 2019, 09:13 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Yes, that is the one that works. I think the problem has something to do with passkey error. With Evervolv-8.1 bluetooth sees the device but will not pair. Same with DU-13 and Lineage. So far the best rom in my opinion, is DU-12.5. no freeze ups. Still testing 500meg vs 1gig swap.
29th November 2019, 11:04 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 421
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwd3509

Yes, that is the one that works. I think the problem has something to do with passkey error. With Evervolv-8.1 bluetooth sees the device but will not pair.
Thanks for providing the useful information on Bluetooth and DU Oreo, it will helps others users.
Evervolv Nougat is version 7.1.2
Same with DU-13 and Lineage. So far the best rom in my opinion, is DU-12.5. no freeze ups. Still testing 500meg vs 1gig swap.

There is no difference in performance or stability between the 500MB vs 1GB swap. The 1GB is suppose to be use with the HpTp_MAX and HpTp_MaXtreme Kernel settings that allows the use of the full 1GB or Memory RAM. Due to the extra RAM, the swap file could grow up to over 700 MB. That will only happen on certain scenarios of an App demanding for more RAM in moderate increments.
The performance difference comes by the maximum frequency the Tablet can handle. The CPU_1836 frequency is the fastest and is best to be use if the Tablet can handle to be overclock that much.
30th November 2019, 07:35 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Southern Calif Coastal area
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
OK, I downgraded to 8.1, and installed the "pico" open-gapp. And now I cannot 'fix' the famous "Android keyboard (AOSP) keeps stopping", I really don't know what to do from here. Does anyone know of the work around so I can get started again? Thanks ahead for any suggestions.
30th November 2019, 07:41 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 421
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _dave

OK, I downgraded to 8.1, and installed the "pico" open-gapp. And now I cannot 'fix' the famous "Android keyboard (AOSP) keeps stopping", I really don't know what to do from here. Does anyone know of the work around so I can get started again? Thanks ahead for any suggestions.

Did you follow the instructions from this guide?
Click Here for the Guide
If all files are flash in that order, there should not be any problems.
30th November 2019, 09:12 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Southern Calif Coastal area
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_TOUCHPAD

Did you follow the instructions from this guide?
Click Here for the Guide
If all files are flash in that order, there should not be any problems.

No, I came across my "old" notes where I dl gboard and then renamed it to LatinIME.apk and copy over the old version. It works.
17th December 2019, 04:02 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Southern Calif Coastal area
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I have an on going "new" issue now, within 3 days the HPTP now locks up. I have dropped the speed down to 1674 (HpTp_MaXtreme_1674_CPU_Universal....) and that did not help. Any suggestions? or do I again wipe it clean and start over?
Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions. Oh,BTW I am us du_tenderlion-v12.5.3-20181116-0140-RC.zip (Android 8.1)for I need to be able to use the bluetooth.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes