Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
How to bypass WebOS activation on the HP Touchpad

HP TouchPad | WebOS Activation Bypass Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjtLNL-Lspc

Download the WebOS activation package here

1) You will need to have Java installed to run the Novacom installer. Click here:

2) You will need to have the Novacom software installed.

Install the Novacom software by running the Universal installer 1.4.1.jar found in the package.

Or

Manually select and install the Novacom driver for your OS from the package provided.
Note: You may need to reboot after installing this software.

3) Enter webOS recovery mode and connect the Touchpad to your PC with the USB cable:
-Reboot the HP Touchpad and hold down the volume up button while the Touchpad reboots.
-Once you see the large USB symbol on the screen release the volume button.
-Connect the HP Touchpad to your PC via the USB cable.

4) Run the devicetool2.jar from a prompt/terminal:

Run the ”Activate WebOS HP TP” batch file to automatically run the tool.

Or

Open up a command prompt/terminal and type in the code:

-Windows users can open a command prompt directly by ”Activate WebOS HP TP” folder by, Holding [Shift] & [Right Click] then select open Command window here
View attachment 4211710

Enter the Code:
java -jar devicetool2.jar

Explanation:
The command prompt will need to be directed to the folder that contains the devicetool2.jar before entering the code to run the program.

java -jar path/to/devicetool2.jar
where "path/to/devicetool.jar" is the location you downloaded devicetool2.jar to

5. Wait until the tool displays "Device is ready.", then disconnect your HP TouchPad.
-Congratulations you have now bypassed the activation and are ready to use WebOS.

Last edited:

mindfulness

Nov 17, 2013
Worked for me although typing the java command (java -jar devicetool2.jar) didn't work as it couldn't find the jar file, but using the BAT file worked. Based off this post, I think the issue was I didn't type the path to the devicetool2.jar as I just followed the video. I typed the command from the directory the files were located in so not sure why Windows 10 cmd line didn't use the file without the path?

Reactions: RolandDeschain79

RolandDeschain79

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
BAT works with win10

Worked for me although typing the java command (java -jar devicetool2.jar) didn't work as it couldn't find the jar file, but using the BAT file worked. Based off this post, I think the issue was I didn't type the path to the devicetool2.jar as I just followed the video. I typed the command from the directory the files were located in so not sure why Windows 10 cmd line didn't use the file without the path?

Thank you for reporting your success with the bat file and windows10. Ya got to be the path but i'm glad the bat worked, that's much easier anyway:highfive:

Trilloq

Dec 12, 2021
Can confirm it still works in 2021/2022. Windows 7, JDK-7u80 (used old versions on purpose)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to bypass WebOS activation on the HP Touchpad

HP TouchPad | WebOS Activation Bypass Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjtLNL-Lspc

Download the WebOS activation package here

1) You will need to have Java installed to run the Novacom installer. Click here:

2) You will need to have the Novacom software installed.

Install the Novacom software by running the Universal installer 1.4.1.jar found in the package.

Or

Manually select and install the Novacom driver for your OS from the package provided.
    Note: You may need to reboot after installing this software.

3) Enter webOS recovery mode and connect the Touchpad to your PC with the USB cable:
    -Reboot the HP Touchpad and hold down the volume up button while the Touchpad reboots.
    -Once you see the large USB symbol on the screen release the volume button.
    -Connect the HP Touchpad to your PC via the USB cable.

4) Run the devicetool2.jar from a prompt/terminal:

Run the ”Activate WebOS HP TP” batch file to automatically run the tool.

Or

Open up a command prompt/terminal and type in the code:

-Windows users can open a command prompt directly by ”Activate WebOS HP TP” folder by, Holding [Shift] & [Right Click] then select open Command window here
    View attachment 4211710

Enter the Code:
    java -jar devicetool2.jar

Explanation:
    The command prompt will need to be directed to the folder that contains the devicetool2.jar before entering the code to run the program.

java -jar path/to/devicetool2.jar
    where "path/to/devicetool.jar" is the location you downloaded devicetool2.jar to

5. Wait until the tool displays "Device is ready.", then disconnect your HP TouchPad.
    -Congratulations you have now bypassed the activation and are ready to use WebOS.

Thank you, It works like a charm!