838 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,281

By RolandDeschain79, Senior Member on 3rd December 2016, 06:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2017, 10:06 PM |#101  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellboy17

Hi

I've recently upgraded my wife's 32GB HP Touchpad to Nougat, however whilst its installed OK & I'm downloading nightly updates its still incredibly slow on any app you care to mention, rendering it virtually unusable.

Judging by other comments on this forum thats not the experience other users are getting. This is the 2nd time I've installed Nougat as I thought I must have done something wrong the first time but its still no better that the 1st install.

I just need to find out if I'm being unrealistic in my expectations or should I be expecting a much better performance?

Thanks

Steve

Try using the kernel for this ROM. It helped me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
5th April 2017, 10:09 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Sorry - which kernel is that please?

Where can I download it?
6th April 2017, 09:48 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:

Hi

I've recently upgraded my wife's 32GB HP Touchpad to Nougat, however whilst its installed OK & I'm downloading nightly updates its still incredibly slow on any app you care to mention, rendering it virtually unusable.

Judging by other comments on this forum thats not the experience other users are getting. This is the 2nd time I've installed Nougat as I thought I must have done something wrong the first time but its still no better that the 1st install.

I just need to find out if I'm being unrealistic in my expectations or should I be expecting a much better performance?

Thanks

Steve

Despite the performance issues you have, do you have root?
I can't get it to work......
Cheers
7th April 2017, 05:46 AM |#104  
Quote:

Sorry - which kernel is that please?

Where can I download it?

Sorry forgot the link

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...3&share_type=t

[KERNEL]SKZ Overclock Kernel for Evervolv 7.1.1 [1890KHz CPU/320MHz GPU]

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by colida

Despite the performance issues you have, do you have root?
I can't get it to work......
Cheers

Did you try flashing root again?

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

[QUOTE=as613;71730160][QUOTE=bryantjopplin;71729515][QUOTE=as613;71729420]
Well the numbers are actually not steps just menu choices per say. Run 1 tptb setup android volumes per ROM specs, reboot to recovery, run two which should be twrp temp, install your recovery, rom, and gapps. But I have a better tutorial on the tptbv42 page. I'll link it in a second.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by as613

Here it is

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=71589964

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Thanks - I installed novacom and now have an .exe file. The tutorial looks very helpful. But

How do I know if I need to do a full reset first? And do I go step by step through the TPToolbox menu, i.e., a) Install Android b) Mount Media Volume c) Resize Android Volumes and then skip to Reboot? Also, what is "moboot"?

Sorry for the late reply, Tapatalk would crash when replying. Full reset is up to you and the rom you choose. You only need to full reset if you want to start fresh. Then resize android volumes to your liking, and then continue on. Moboot is a bootlaoder with loaded options, like twrp, your ROM, webos recovery, reboot and shutdown.

7th April 2017, 09:45 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:

[/COLOR]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk[COLOR="Silver"]

Yes, flashed SuUser several times. Even different Versions.
Started again from scratch, but didn't help. Back on 4.4 now
7th April 2017, 08:54 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by colida

Yes, flashed SuUser several times. Even different Versions.
Started again from scratch, but didn't help. Back on 4.4 now

Thanks. I'm going to give it a try this evening....
8th April 2017, 10:40 PM |#107  

More
[QUOTE=bryantjopplin;71759368]Sorry forgot the link

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

[QUOTE=as613;71730160][QUOTE=bryantjopplin;71729515]
Quote:

Well the numbers are actually not steps just menu choices per say. Run 1 tptb setup android volumes per ROM specs, reboot to recovery, run two which should be twrp temp, install your recovery, rom, and gapps. But I have a better tutorial on the tptbv42 page. I'll link it in a second.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Sorry for the late reply, Tapatalk would crash when replying. Full reset is up to you and the rom you choose. You only need to full reset if you want to start fresh. Then resize android volumes to your liking, and then continue on. Moboot is a bootlaoder with loaded options, like twrp, your ROM, webos recovery, reboot and shutdown.

Thanks - so will moboot just come up when I need it or is that something else I need to download? Your SAUCE contains fastboot. Also the steps that call for flashing - will a flash command appear in twrp or elsewhere? I feel like a real novice here and appreciate your help - I don't want to brick my Touchpad.
8th April 2017, 10:51 PM |#108  
[QUOTE=as613;71782290][QUOTE=bryantjopplin;71759368]Sorry forgot the link

[QUOTE=as613;71730160]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantjopplin

Thanks - so will moboot just come up when I need it or is that something else I need to download? Your SAUCE contains fastboot. Also the steps that call for flashing - will a flash command appear in twrp or elsewhere? I feel like a real novice here and appreciate your help - I don't want to brick my Touchpad.

Have you had android installed before? Moboot is needed to run android anyways. Tptoolbox I believe installs it if you have ran it before, if not there is info on XDA how to. Its pretty hard to brick the tp. In twrp there is not a command per say it's the install section top left in twrp. Always choose ROM first then gapps. Also there are some pretty good video from @RolandDeschain79 on YouTube. Its super simple. I just made the program to do everything in one place instead of switching between multiple files and going backwards in some case. If it comes down to I have a remote support for team viewer from my company that if wanted or needed with anything I could help. Some people are a little scared of that but I have access to over 500 machines through out the state that are government and city controlled. So I have no reason for any tricky business, just like helping people. Just let me know if you have any other questions.

Edit: Put some wrong info about twrp in. Updated Post.

The Following User Says Thank You to bryantjopplin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bryantjopplin Ad-Free
8th April 2017, 11:19 PM |#109  

More
[QUOTE=bryantjopplin;71782384][QUOTE=as613;71782290][QUOTE=bryantjopplin;71759368]Sorry forgot the link

Quote:

Have you had android installed before? Moboot is needed to run android anyways. Tptoolbox I believe installs it if you have ran it before, if not there is info on XDA how to. Its pretty hard to brick the tp. In twrp there is not a command per say it's the install section top left in twrp. Always choose ROM first then gapps. Also there are some pretty good video from @RolandDeschain79 on YouTube. Its super simple. I just made the program to do everything in one place instead of switching between multiple files and going backwards in some case. If it comes down to I have a remote support for team viewer from my company that if wanted or needed with anything I could help. Some people are a little scared of that but I have access to over 500 machines through out the state that are government and city controlled. So I have no reason for any tricky business, just like helping people. Just let me know if you have any other questions.

Edit: Put some wrong info about twrp in. Updated Post.

Thanks - i never installed Android. This is an original 16gb TP.I found a post from jcsullins saying Tptb includes moboot, but I don't see it as a separate file anywhere.
8th April 2017, 11:44 PM |#110  
[QUOTE=as613;71782606][QUOTE=bryantjopplin;71782384][QUOTE=as613;71782290]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantjopplin

Sorry forgot the link

Thanks - i never installed Android. This is an original 16gb TP.I found a post from jcsullins saying Tptb includes moboot, but I don't see it as a separate file anywhere.

You would have use novacom with acme installer to install it separate. That's a whole other story. If you need links I can post version 0.3.3-0.3.5 and the newest 0.3.8. Also there are manually ways of doing it but I'm not sure if I'll go there. Tlr just boot twrp then adb push to boot and chmod. Basically same why my tool does it for twrp. But the newest 0.3.8 is a flashable zip. One could also create a moboot.timeout in /boot to change the timer settings for the autostart.

8th April 2017, 11:47 PM |#111  
[QUOTE=bryantjopplin;71782848][QUOTE=as613;71782606][QUOTE=bryantjopplin;71782384]
Quote:

You would have use novacom with acme installer to install it separate. That's a whole other story. If you need links I can post version 0.3.3-0.3.5 and the newest 0.3.8. Also there are manually ways of doing it but I'm not sure if I'll go there. Tlr just boot twrp then adb push to boot and chmod. Basically same why my tool does it for twrp. But the newest 0.3.8 is a flashable zip. One could also create a moboot.timeout in /boot to change the timer settings for the autostart.

Similar to this. I use 30 seconds.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170408_164646.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	4105989

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
how to install android 7 nougat on the hp touchpad, how to install android on the hp touchpad, update android 4.4.4 to android 7.1 hp touchpad, update cm11 to android 7.1 nougat hp touchpad, update cm11 to cm14.1 hp touchpad

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)