838 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,281

By RolandDeschain79, Recognized Contributor on 3rd December 2016, 06:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th December 2016, 01:32 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great tutorials
But i have a question about this step "B)Backup, Backup, Backup, Using the "Complete Data Reset" feature of the TPtoolbox or the "Erase USB drive" from WebOS, will delete absolutely everything on your HP TouchPad! "

Did you have a video tutorial how backup Touchpad (WebOS) (img of system and app) to restore this if Android install problem.

Thanks for your help
And happy holidays to you and yours
22nd December 2016, 12:55 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
I read on one of these forums that Flintman has moved the forum for his rom to another platform. Problem is, I can't find out where to! Anybody know?

Thanks a billion!

Sent from my MI 4i using XDA-Developers mobile app
26th December 2016, 08:12 PM |#13  
Flag East TN
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Over 3000+ views on this thread? whoa! That's some serious interest...
The Following User Says Thank You to middle_road For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift middle_road Ad-Free
27th December 2016, 06:23 PM |#14  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,281

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guntao

Great tutorials
But i have a question about this step "B)Backup, Backup, Backup, Using the "Complete Data Reset" feature of the TPtoolbox or the "Erase USB drive" from WebOS, will delete absolutely everything on your HP TouchPad! "

Did you have a video tutorial how backup Touchpad (WebOS) (img of system and app) to restore this if Android install problem.

Thanks for your help
And happy holidays to you and yours

Hi, happy holidays and new year to you and yours, thanks. I don't have a tutorial for that myself but I Googled it here. There was some info however I don't know if any of this will work anymore now that the WebOS servers have shutdown completely, I do have a video talking about that below. If you follow step 2 you shouldn't have a problem with WebOS as its on a different partition and installing android won't affect it, so long as you don't do a complete data reset(step5).

Edit: Checkout post #14 in this thread here Seems to be the best WebOS back up and restore info I've seen. Also interesting info about a data base you can download 6000+ WebOS apps from(here) now that they're considered abandonware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_inuk

I read on one of these forums that Flintman has moved the forum for his rom to another platform. Problem is, I can't find out where to! Anybody know?

Thanks a billion!

Sent from my MI 4i using XDA-Developers mobile app

Hey I've got links at the top of the page and the 2nd post that'll take you to the new Devs Base thread, enjoy
Edit I changed the names a bit to try and make them more visible.

Additional resources:
Touchpad Toolbox Main Thread By Jcsullins
<Mod Edit: Link to outside forum removed.>
[ROM] Evervolv | 7.0.0p1 [AOSP Nougat 7.0.0] [3.4 kernel] [ALPHA] WIFI &amp; 4G(XDA)
[/URL][ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies [3.0 kernel]
[ROM GUIDE] How to Flash Install Android 7.x/6.x/5.x.x/4.4.x HP TouchPad Roms(How to update your Roms)

<Mod Edit: Link to outside forum removed.>
Rom Details: Low battery drain (-2mA to -15mA), h/w video, Audio, Camera(inverted), Bluetooth.
Note: This rom **REQUIRES a minimum of 1312MB System Partition. Change the size with Jcsullins TPtoolbox after selecting to install android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle_road

Over 3000+ views on this thread? whoa! That's some serious interest...

Wow you're right checked in today and there were comments and lots of hits, guess I'll have to keep an eye on it
The Following User Says Thank You to RolandDeschain79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RolandDeschain79 Ad-Free
27th December 2016, 11:13 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yes I have the same issue. I disabled the clock app and dont get the message anymore. Only one of the android buttons work (back: the triangle). Is that the same for others? Thanks
28th December 2016, 11:18 AM |#16  

More
Day Two Observations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew'sAndroid

Yes I have the same issue. I disabled the clock app and dont get the message anymore. Only one of the android buttons work (back: the triangle). Is that the same for others? Thanks

Day two update: all is still working great. Thank you so much for creating this forum. I thought it would be helpful to list the issues I have to check if other people have the same or if I have found new problems.

[I am running the 26-12-2016 nightly build]

- Only the back (triangle) button works. The square and circle do nothing.
- Gmail app wont sync emails
- If you Restart the tablet it continually loops in a restart cycle (i.e. you cannot use it). Solution I have found is to shut down only.
- Clock app doesn't work, I have disabled the app and don't get the message anymore.

Otherwise everything is working, I have BBC iPlayer on it, Plants Vs Zombies, VPlayer, Sling Kong. Great! My Dad was going to get rid of this tablet but now it is repurposed for my kids (to play games, watch TV programmes on long car journeys) etc.

Andrew
29th December 2016, 02:00 AM |#17  
Flag East TN

More
Quote:

Day two update: all is still working great. Thank you so much for creating this forum. I thought it would be helpful to list the issues I have to check if other people have the same or if I have found new problems.

[I am running the 26-12-2016 nightly build]

- Only the back (triangle) button works. The square and circle do nothing.
- Gmail app wont sync emails
- If you Restart the tablet it continually loops in a restart cycle (i.e. you cannot use it). Solution I have found is to shut down only.
- Clock app doesn't work, I have disabled the app and don't get the message anymore.

Otherwise everything is working, I have BBC iPlayer on it, Plants Vs Zombies, VPlayer, Sling Kong. Great! My Dad was going to get rid of this tablet but now it is repurposed for my kids (to play games, watch TV programmes on long car journeys) etc.

Andrew

Only the 'left' Back (Triangle) button is working?
OooooK, Just when I though I'd seen it all with our beloved TouchPad.....

Is this happening in both Landscape _and_ Portrait mode?
Can you swipe down from the top and the menu 'pulls' down?

_Dan
29th December 2016, 09:56 AM |#18  

More
Quote:

Only the 'left' Back (Triangle) button is working?
OooooK, Just when I though I'd seen it all with our beloved TouchPad.....

Is this happening in both Landscape _and_ Portrait mode?
Can you swipe down from the top and the men 'pulls' down?

_Dan

Hi Dan

Yes those buttons do not work in landscape or portrait mode. The triangle button always works.

I can swipe down for the menu in both landscape and portrait mode. Is this a new problem?

Are the other issues I have common?

Thanks for your help, Andrew
29th December 2016, 07:42 PM |#19  
Flag East TN

More
Quote:

Hi Dan
Yes those buttons do not work in landscape or portrait mode. The triangle button always works.
I can swipe down for the menu in both landscape and portrait mode. Is this a new problem?
Are the other issues I have common?

Which GApps version did you flash to it?
29th December 2016, 11:24 PM |#20  

More
Quote:

Which GApps version did you flash to it?

It is using:
open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20161217.zip

This is the one I got from using the links on the forum. Is this version ok?

30th December 2016, 06:35 AM |#21  
Flag East TN

More
That should be fine. Did you verify them against their md5's?
If it is not a physical hardware fault we should be able to track it down.
The Following User Says Thank You to middle_road For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift middle_road Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
how to install android 7 nougat on the hp touchpad, how to install android on the hp touchpad, update android 4.4.4 to android 7.1 hp touchpad, update cm11 to android 7.1 nougat hp touchpad, update cm11 to cm14.1 hp touchpad

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)