WIFI won't turn on after clean flash

Search This thread

brchan2.5

May 25, 2017
I just finished a clean flash of Lineage OS kitkat from milaq and the wifi settings is stuck on "Turning WiFi on". The MAC address in listed at "Unavailable" under Status.

Diving deeper, I got terminal working and see the following from netcfg:

Code:
lo       UP         127.0.0.1/8   0x00000049 00:00:00:00:00:00
dummy0   DOWN       0.0.0.0/0   0x00000082 42:6e:b7:fa:06:25
sit0     DOWN       0.0.0.0/0   0x00000080 00:00:00:00:00:00
ip6tnl0  DOWN       0.0.0.0/0   0x00000080 00:00:00:00:00:00
wlan0    UP         0.0.0.0/0   0x00001003 00:1d:fe:eb:a1:c9

A kernel module is present at /system/lib/modules/ath6kl.ko while dmesg logs the driver as working (I think) and one suspicious message:

Code:
ath6kl: temporary war to avoid sdio crc error
ath6kl: ar6003 hw 2.1.1 sdio fw 3.2.0.144 api 3
ath6kl: firmware supports: sched-scan,sta-p2pdev-duplex,rsn-cap-override

Code:
 wlan0: link is not ready

I originally suspected a driver issue, but now I wonder if Android is not using the right interface. What can I do to check if Android is using wlan0?

I have read about reloading the kernel module which I haven't tried yet. ifconfig doesn't return any messages and ifconfig wlan0 reports:
Code:
wlan0: Cannot assign requested address

Appreciate any pointers as to which area to focus my debugging.

g20009w

Jul 19, 2017
Did you resolve your issue? I am having similar issue and would like to elaborate and hopefully get some help here:

I have been using the HP TouchPad since fall of 2011, loaded CM9 in 2012 and worked perfectly since until about a month ago, wireless stopped working (will not even bring up any wireless network), just stuck on "turning wifi on".

Browse forum, tried many solutions like removing /data/misc/wifi & DHCP etc, nothing works.

Loaded a few different ROM, a couple of them after initial reboot was able to access wifi, then after a day or so, it will stop working, yesterday, decided to try loading 7.1.x using instructions here, after loading kitkat 4.4, again, wifi worked for a while, then this morning it stopped and stuck on "turning wifi on" again, continue upgrade to Evervolv 7.1.x successfully, unfortunately, again, wifi is stuck on "turning wifi on".

Reason why I kept trying and not chalk it up as HW issue is that wifi connected perfectly in WebOS, it stays on for days and never lose connection after Android OS started to have issue, nothing on Router (Netgear R7000 on DD-WRT) setup has been changed in last year, all other 11+ wireless devices work fine.

Can one of the expert kind soul here shed some light and help me with this? Really puzzle me..., this will be my last hope before finally giving up on it.

Thanks

capdcanoa

Jun 10, 2010
My hp touchpad started one week ago to fail to detect any wifi. It is supposed to be searching, but don't find any wifi.
I have checked the wifi with webOs and it works.
I am running Lineage too.

capdcanoa

Jun 10, 2010
I have installed CM12 and now wifi works again properly.
I'm afraid I will have to come back to this old version

skm67gm

Nov 20, 2017
I'm having the same issue with wifi never turning on. WEbOS has no problem connecting but I've tried many different versions and combinations of Android but none of them work. Some above seem to have had a connection and then lost it but my TouchPad would never turn on wifi after I installed android. I've also tried several different suggestions I've found on the internet but none of them have worked. About a year ago, I tried different versions of KitKat and now I tried another version of KitKat that is supposed to be the most stable but still no luck. Can anyone help? Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
S