FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SailfishOS 2.0 for the Touchpad

110 posts
Thanks Meter: 43

By John944S2, Senior Member on 16th October 2015, 08:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys!

Now that Jolla gave us Sailfish 2.0 (which should fit nicely for the Touchpad because of proper landscape mode), I decided to start porting it to the Touchpad.

So I am currently following the hadk guide (https://sailfishos.org/develop/hadk/).

Now I have a problem, maybe someone can help me out with.
In the guide on page 16, I have to create a manifest file with references to cyanogen source and kernel source.
The file which I created looks like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<project path="device/hp/tenderloin" name="CyanogenMod/android_device_hp_tenderloin" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project path="kernel/hp/tenderloin" name="invisiblek/android_kernel_hp_tenderloin" revision="cm-11.0" />
</manifest>
I chose the invisiblek kernel (https://github.com/invisiblek/androi...n/tree/cm-11.0), but I don't know if this is the right one. I would like to use the 3.4.106-tenderloin from jcsullins but I can't find it on github.
Also I get an error when trying to sync:
Code:
error: in `sync --fetch-submodules`: revision cm-11.0 in invisiblek/android_kernel_hp_tenderloin not found
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John944S2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift John944S2 Ad-Free

19th October 2015, 09:06 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Schieder-Schwalenberg

More
OK, after hours of googling I found the github repositories of @jshafer817 (he ported sailfish successfully to the Touchpad).
So I took the manifest file from here https://github.com/jshafer817/SailFishOS.
And then doing
Code:
repo sync --fetch-submodules
This resulted in downloading several thousand files.
After half an hour or so I get the following error:
Code:
error: in `sync --fetch-submodules`: revision refs/tags/cm-11.0-XNPH44S-bacon-5fa8c79c0b in cyngn/android_vendor_cyngn not found
It seems that this repo is missing (http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/1...m-github-page/).
No idea how to fix this .

By the way, am I the only one who would like to see Sailfish 2.0 on the Touchpad?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John944S2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift John944S2 Ad-Free
2nd November 2015, 08:11 PM |#3  
Flag New York

More
This sounds very interesting I must say. I wish I was more of a developer and knowledgeable w/ Linux.
1st December 2015, 11:13 PM |#4  
NRH, TX.
Thanks Meter: 485

More
Doing this right now. =)
2nd December 2015, 07:04 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshafer817

Doing this right now. =)

This is cool! Really exiting, can't wait for it...
I gave up on it, but I know you can do it !!

If I can be of any help, let me know!!
2nd December 2015, 10:18 AM |#6  
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by John944S2

This is cool! Really exiting, can't wait for it...
I gave up on it, but I know you can do it !!

If I can be of any help, let me know!!

You got stuck on something, I think it was the wireless modules in boardconfig.mk, sfos can't compile those on the fly, so just remove from BoardConfig.mk

I have a rootfs built, I can usb into it... but... something is wrong. Gonna go on irc. I am using the 3.0 kernel this time, instead of 3.4.... so... who knows.
2nd December 2015, 02:23 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

You got stuck on something, I think it was the wireless modules in boardconfig.mk, sfos can't compile those on the fly, so just remove from BoardConfig.mk

I have a rootfs built, I can usb into it... but... something is wrong. Gonna go on irc. I am using the 3.0 kernel this time, instead of 3.4.... so... who knows.

Hopefully, there are some devs left at Jolla to help you out...
2nd December 2015, 03:04 PM |#8  
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by John944S2

Hopefully, there are some devs left at Jolla to help you out...

I have graphics up! that is the hardest part... Should have something in a couple of days to share.

I forgot I had to do this last time..

system.mount needs to be changed from /dev/store/cm-data to /dev/dm-10 for /system to mount, not to mention changing the init in ramdisk for lvm

Edit: Bugging IRC on how to get thing to do TRUE landscape mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to jshafer817 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jshafer817 Ad-Free
3rd December 2015, 06:30 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I have graphics up! that is the hardest part... Should have something in a couple of days to share.

I forgot I had to do this last time..

system.mount needs to be changed from /dev/store/cm-data to /dev/dm-10 for /system to mount, not to mention changing the init in ramdisk for lvm

Edit: Bugging IRC on how to get thing to do TRUE landscape mode.

Sounds like you are making good progress .
I thougt Sailfish 2.0 does true landscape mode by default, because of the Jolla tablet?
6th December 2015, 06:12 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 618

Donate to Me
More
Excited! I haven't used sailfish in awhile! I'll definitely do some application modding once the build is up!
6th December 2015, 08:37 PM |#11  
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmvxer

Excited! I haven't used sailfish in awhile! I'll definitely do some application modding once the build is up!

I now have wifi working... and it boots everytime. Right now the goal is, get the new sensor service up and running, and see how rotation, landscape, etc is working.

Might use PowerMenu2 or some patch in openrepos... There is also some line you can change from > Medium.Screen to Small.Screen, stuff like that.

If this does not fly, I might just use a portrait rom, and see how that flies, with rotation. Closer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)