By John944S2, Senior Member on 16th October 2015, 08:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd December 2018, 04:02 AM |#111  
NRH, TX.
Thanks Meter: 485

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_TOUCHPAD

Tried SailfishOS for the first time on a clean installation of CM 11.
Impressive, it even charges with the HP Touchtone wireless charger and also the regular usb.
But the settings on the USB connection does not recognize when the USB port is been use, connecting to PC, Ubuntu was not detected.
Videos on youtube plays very well and the browser is usable.
Installing it to the Android partition makes it easy, but with the TP the advantage is the use of LVM. Is easy to create a partition just for SailfishOS.
LuneOS can be install that way and is using Halium.
Is it possible to decompress the archive to an Ext3 partition and run it from there?
When I unpack the Ramdisk there are two files in the root:
bootsplash.gz ( a data file ) and init, is this the file that changes can be done to select a new location to load the OS from?

So with sailfish, the data is stored on the android's data partition. I modified it, it goes to /data/media/0/.stowaways which has a symlink to /data/.stowaways

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by John944S2

The tablet is really working very well I use it as daily driver now. The touch input problem hasn't appeared anymore.

Only problem is I still have those charging issues. I tried every cable and charger I have here but nothing works

By the way, I set the pixel ratio to 0.7, think this fits the Touchpad much better.

Code:
devel-su dconf write /desktop/sailfish/silica/theme_pixel_ratio 0.7
devel-su systemctl --user restart lipstick

You know, the touchpad I have right now I bought off of craigslist for $5. It wouldn't charge at all. I had to run the tpdebrick from jcsullins and let it just sit for like 24 hours, didn't think it was working but fell asleep and the touchpad was working. I believe it also updates the A6 firmware, related to charging......... Wonder if that makes a difference. Using the standard hp charger.
The Following User Says Thank You to jshafer817 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jshafer817 Ad-Free

27th December 2018, 12:42 PM |#112  
OP Senior Member
Flag Schieder-Schwalenberg
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshafer817

I believe it also updates the A6 firmware, related to charging......... Wonder if that makes a difference. Using the standard hp charger.

This was very helpful! I reflashed the A6 firmware with tptoolbox (by jcsullins). Now it's working much better, it charges with every adapter I have.
19th January 2019, 01:58 AM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Would someone who has successfully booted v.3 of jshafer817's build (thank you, by the way!) mind confirming what base android image they are using?

So far, I've only gotten a black screen on boot and I'd like to narrow down where the problem might be. Used TPToolBox to set up space for webOS and android. Android system partition at 1.5GB, cache at 1GB, data >8GB. Sailfish installation script returns a successful message and I can see the files copied into /data/.stowaway.

I'd like to replicate a known good installation starting with the same android base and working form there, if possible. Thanks!
19th January 2019, 05:05 PM |#114  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by potissimus

Would someone who has successfully booted v.3 of jshafer817's build (thank you, by the way!) mind confirming what base android image they are using?

Hi, I am using the kitkat rom from post #90 in this thread.
It works but I still got charging issues, that's the main problem right now. If you got it to work, please report if you have any charging issues.
19th January 2019, 08:22 PM |#115  

More
Interesting. That's what I was using. I just tried to load that ROM using TWRP without installing Sailfish at all and it won't boot either (same black screen after Moboot selection), which is weird. A couple other Android ROMs (jcsullins build and latest DU) seem to load fine.

Would you be able to generate the MD5 for the zip you used?

Also, happy to check charging if I can get this to boot.
21st January 2019, 06:42 AM |#116  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Interesting. That's what I was using. I just tried to load that ROM using TWRP without installing Sailfish at all and it won't boot either (same black screen after Moboot selection), which is weird. A couple other Android ROMs (jcsullins build and latest DU) seem to load fine.

Would you be able to generate the MD5 for the zip you used?

Also, happy to check charging if I can get this to boot.

Did you see the little instuction I wrote here?
Also make sure you have the correct version of CWM! I also managed to install with TWRP 3.1.0-0.

Here the md5 of my files:
Code:
07a92fd699bc0448570bbd7612f2ca00  update-CWM-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140612.zip
52403ff8b25fc6d7d08b07b61d0a1e5d  lineage-11-20180904-UNOFFICIAL-MLQ-tenderloin-3.4-kernel.zip
9b92cce221c47b544ede385b16764c3f  sailfishos-tenderloin-release-3.0.0.8-my1.zip
@jshafer817: maybe it's time to create a new thread with instructions and download links in the first post. Also it would be nice to refresh the data and link on Adaptations/libhybris website. Can you do this? I can help you with the instructions if you like, I am working on a beginners guide at the moment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John944S2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift John944S2 Ad-Free
21st January 2019, 05:55 PM |#117  

More
Thanks, John.

Confirmed MD5 for all three files and tried flashing using CM5 vs TWRP, just in case. Partition sizes are those listed in your instructions using TPToolBox. Still no go; same issue.

The only difference I can see is that I've kept webOS rather than wiped the Touchpad clean. While in principal, since Sailfish is installed to Android's data partition and looks to Android's system partition for everything needed to run, having webOS also on the device should still be possible, but I could be overlooking something fundamental here (haven't spent a ton of time looking at sailfish structure).

Considering other roms run alright, maybe it is related to something jshafer817 edited to make make Sailfish work that assumes no other OS installation (maybe trying to mount something that is already mounted as internal storage, symlink to something in /data/media that causes a conflict, etc...). Hopefully I'll have some time next weekend to look more into it, but if anything comes to mind in the meantime, @jshafer817, feel free to let me know!

Thanks for all the help!
22nd January 2019, 04:03 AM |#118  
NRH, TX.
Thanks Meter: 485

More
Quote:

Thanks, John.

Confirmed MD5 for all three files and tried flashing using CM5 vs TWRP, just in case. Partition sizes are those listed in your instructions using TPToolBox. Still no go; same issue.

The only difference I can see is that I've kept webOS rather than wiped the Touchpad clean. While in principal, since Sailfish is installed to Android's data partition and looks to Android's system partition for everything needed to run, having webOS also on the device should still be possible, but I could be overlooking something fundamental here (haven't spent a ton of time looking at sailfish structure).

Considering other roms run alright, maybe it is related to something jshafer817 edited to make make Sailfish work that assumes no other OS installation (maybe trying to mount something that is already mounted as internal storage, symlink to something in /data/media that causes a conflict, etc...). Hopefully I'll have some time next weekend to look more into it, but if anything comes to mind in the meantime, @jshafer817, feel free to let me know!

Thanks for all the help!

I use TWRP I believe. Does Sailfish install successfully with TWRP? Strange because you did a complete wipe with hptoolbox? That's what I did.

Here is the init script:
https://pastebin.com/DWuNkDmG

This should exist on your tablet, the files and folders in the boot partition.
LVM_SYSTEM_DIR=/boot/etc/lvm /boot/usr/sbin/lvm.static

If sailfish has problems booting, then the usb port on the touchpad can be used to telnet to the tablet and see what is not mounted or etc. I may wipe my tablet and see what happens.
22nd January 2019, 06:39 AM |#119  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

The only difference I can see is that I've kept webOS rather than wiped the Touchpad clean.

Yes I think that's it, it is the only major difference!
Why do you keep webOS anyway? I have not found much use for it as all the servers are down and there are not many apps...

If you have SailfishOS installed you can use both SailfishOS and Android via boot menu.
22nd January 2019, 12:44 PM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by John944S2

Yes I think that's it, it is the only major difference!
Why do you keep webOS anyway? I have not found much use for it as all the servers are down and there are not many apps...

If you have SailfishOS installed you can use both SailfishOS and Android via boot menu.

It is possible, but you can delete unnecessary files from boot to use three OS:
The boot size is 32 MB. RAW
After a total data reset using the toolbox and copy TWRP file into boot, it will be occupy 12MB or be 38% used.
You will have 19 MB free.
If you only have TWRP then you have 20 MB free and each boot image is max 6 MB each.
You can have three boot images to boot from.
That is why you can use WebOS, Android and another OS, like Sailfish, LuneOS or Linux.
In total you can boot three OS on the boot menu, but is very possible to have more OS install.
Using TWRP you can move boot images to the SDcard making more space in boot and copy another boot image there.
It is very flexible, there is no limitation and everything is possible!
The Following User Says Thank You to HP_TOUCHPAD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HP_TOUCHPAD Ad-Free
23rd January 2019, 05:44 AM |#121  
OP Senior Member

More
Guys I got it! I'm really happy now because yesterday I could finally nail my charging problem.

You know it was really strange. A couple of days ago the Touchpad was charging and everything was fine.
The day after it wouldn't charge anymore no matter what I did.
Yesterday I was doing some tests and looking at the dmesg output if I plugin a charger. And then I did a reboot and after that it charged!

So the solution is: always boot the Touchpad with connected charger. Then it will charge anytime a charger is connected.
If the Touchpad is booted without a connected charger, it won't charge.

Good to know that now! It was the last thing missing before using SFOS on the Touchpad for everyday use.

@jshafer817: maybe you could have a look at this.
Here is the dmesg output if the Touchpad wouldn't charge:
Code:
msm_otg_resume: usb exited from low power mode
android_work: android_work: did not send uevent (0 0   (null))
Here is the dmesg output if the Touchpad charges:
Code:
msm_otg_resume: usb exited from low power mode
android_work: android_work: did not send uevent (0 0   (null))
UDC-CHG (2-2-1-1): usb_multi_chg_detect (586) : OMTP Phone Adaptor(900mA)!
usb_chg_detect: temp = 2
a6_update_connected_ps: ac=1 usb=0 dock=0
max8903b_current_setup: CURRENT_750(4), 900(5), 1000(6), 1400(7), 2000MA(9): 5
msm_otg_suspend: usb in low power mode
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)