Thanks Meter: 43

By John944S2, Senior Member on 16th October 2015, 08:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd January 2019, 05:44 AM |#121  
OP Senior Member
Flag Schieder-Schwalenberg

More
Guys I got it! I'm really happy now because yesterday I could finally nail my charging problem.

You know it was really strange. A couple of days ago the Touchpad was charging and everything was fine.
The day after it wouldn't charge anymore no matter what I did.
Yesterday I was doing some tests and looking at the dmesg output if I plugin a charger. And then I did a reboot and after that it charged!

So the solution is: always boot the Touchpad with connected charger. Then it will charge anytime a charger is connected.
If the Touchpad is booted without a connected charger, it won't charge.

Good to know that now! It was the last thing missing before using SFOS on the Touchpad for everyday use.

@jshafer817: maybe you could have a look at this.
Here is the dmesg output if the Touchpad wouldn't charge:
Code:
msm_otg_resume: usb exited from low power mode
android_work: android_work: did not send uevent (0 0   (null))
Here is the dmesg output if the Touchpad charges:
Code:
msm_otg_resume: usb exited from low power mode
android_work: android_work: did not send uevent (0 0   (null))
UDC-CHG (2-2-1-1): usb_multi_chg_detect (586) : OMTP Phone Adaptor(900mA)!
usb_chg_detect: temp = 2
a6_update_connected_ps: ac=1 usb=0 dock=0
max8903b_current_setup: CURRENT_750(4), 900(5), 1000(6), 1400(7), 2000MA(9): 5
msm_otg_suspend: usb in low power mode

23rd January 2019, 02:28 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 233

More
The HP Touchpad will charge even with no OS install. As long as the factory charger is use or with the same specs as:
Output: 5.3volts, 2.0amps
You can trouble shoot charging doing this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/hp-...chpad-t3876356

The HP TOUCHPAD will charge at any time is plug in by USB or place in the Wireless charger.
A simple test:
Turn off the TP
Plug in a USB charger or place in in the Wireless charger.
It will turn ON.
24th January 2019, 06:42 AM |#123  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_TOUCHPAD

The HP TOUCHPAD will charge at any time is plug in by USB or place in the Wireless charger.

If I boot into SailfishOS and connect the Touchpad to a charger after booting, it will not charge no matter what I do .
I measured this with USB current meter and I am using the original HP charger.

Your simple test is of course positiv, but it has obviously nothing to do with what the Touchpad does if an operating system is running. It seems like the operating system (maybe together with the A6 firmware) is able to prevent charging.

Please look at my dmesg outputs to see what is going on in the kernel if a charger is connected.
24th January 2019, 01:31 PM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 233

More
There are many variables that can create that issue, and you will have to filter out to find out the cause. I am sure you have done all the test, here are some ideas.
First if you have a wireless charger, use it instead of USB.
The simple test:
Tablet off, plug in charger (to wall outlet) not PC or laptop, it provides too little current.
The Tablet will boot up, if it does the connection is working properly.
Test using TWRP:
Boot up, not connected to charger. Select TWRP after complete booting
Plug in charger it will take a while, but you will see on top right corner, the indication that is charging.
If it charged that way, it will charge on all Android Kernel.
Read this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/hp-...class-t3882511
That user wants to do what is happening to you, disable charging while plug in using Android.
I did the test and it will show not charging, but is only disable visually, still charging but not show it.
As far as I know using the SKZ kernel which it has everything module active, the options to achieved disable charging in /sys/class/power_supply is no available.
If you think that the Android Kernel you are using is causing the issue then using adb shell and go to the directory
/sys/class/power_suppy/usb/power
ls
cat control
( it will print out ) auto
If you think that it maybe a Kernel setting, which I do not think is possible, but anything can happen.
The directory /sys/class/power_suppy is where you want to look for the setting of what the kernel is doing under the OS, and that applies to all OS, as is using the same Linux Kernel.
10th February 2019, 09:56 AM |#125  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Dear @jshafer817, how are you? We are looking forward to update Sailfish OS 3.0.1.11 on our Touchpads!
17th February 2019, 04:55 PM |#126  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 2

More
By the way how can I mount the USB partition so that PC would see it? Is MTP supported on this OS?
18th February 2019, 02:03 PM |#127  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HepCat86

By the way how can I mount the USB partition so that PC would see it? Is MTP supported on this OS?

It should work but the TP must be connected via USB from startup on. I will test this later today.
I mostly use sshfs to exchange files via WIFI. If you are on a Linux system just put "ssh://[email protected]" in the adressbar of a file browser (nautilus, caja, ...).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)