[Bootanimation] Google Pixel Bootanimation Resized for HP Touchpad

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By OnePersonCo, Junior Member on 8th July 2017, 04:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
HP TOUCHPAD
Google Pixel Bootanimation

ABOUT
I optimized the Google Pixel bootanimation for the HP Touchpad by adjusting the canvas size of each image, deleting half the image files to improve the FPS, and re-zipping with Compression Level set to "Store." The result is a smooth animation that fits the height and width of the tablet's screen. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Enjoy!

DOWNLOADS
Download (White) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Z...ew?usp=sharing
Download (Black) If anyone has a good way of converting the white version to black, please let me know or feel free to do it yourself. I have tried inverting the colors followed by adjusting the hue, but given the saturation of Google's green color, it always ends up too bright in the black version. The colors also have a worn look to them after doing this as a batch operation in Gimp.

HOW TO INSTALL
You need root access. A lot of the ROMs have this capability either already enabled or available in their toolbox in settings. If you are using the recent Android Nougat 7.1.2 Evervolv ROM, then you will need to download the SuperSU 2.46 zip file and flash that from your TWRP recovery (go to "Install" and select the zip file once it's on your Touchpad). From here, you can reboot and allow SuperSU to enable root access as a super user.

1. Change your USB connection to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). You should be able to do this from the notification when your USB cable is plugged in. Otherwise, you can tap "About>Build Number" 7 times to unlock the Developer Options and you can find this option there.

2. Now, your HP Touchpad is recognized by your PC, so copy the bootanimation.zip onto your device somewhere in the Internal Storage.

3. With your favorite file explorer (I am using Solid Explorer which offers a free trial), cut/copy bootanimation.zip into the "root>system>media" directory and paste it there (overwriting the current bootanimation).

4. Done!

CREDITS
ZawZaw for the bootanimation intended for phones.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/cro...pixel-t3480843
Google for the original bootanimation and images.
The Following User Says Thank You to OnePersonCo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OnePersonCo Ad-Free

14th July 2017, 04:33 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,279

More
Great work! Thanks for contributing to our fine community
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)