FORUMS

HTC Max 320 Earphones on the HTC 10

790 posts
Thanks Meter: 272

By ravish_919, Senior Member on 21st June 2017, 03:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey, guys! I've recently purchased the HTC Hi-Res Adaptive Sound 2.0 Headset (Max 320). I've tried to use those on the 10 but had no luck. These headphones which use the Type-C input should technically work on the 10 as it supports the "Hi-Res Audio", but all I get when I plug in the Headset is "Accessory not supported". Could this be a hardware issue or a firmware issue? So I wanted to ask if any of you guys have it and if you do, how did you get it to work? I've also attached a screenshot of the message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-06-21_19-38-54.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	4189088  
The Following User Says Thank You to ravish_919 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ravish_919 Ad-Free
21st June 2017, 06:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravish_919

Hey, guys! I've recently purchased the HTC Hi-Res Adaptive Sound 2.0 Headset (Max 320). I've tried to use those on the 10 but had no luck. These headphones which use the Type-C input should technically work on the 10 as it supports the "Hi-Res Audio", but all I get when I plug in the Headset is "Accessory not supported". Could this be a hardware issue or a firmware issue? So I wanted to ask if any of you guys have it and if you do, how did you get it to work? I've also attached a screenshot of the message.

I'd try going under the developer options of your phone and checking the USB input and changing it to see if that gets you anywhere. It'd be pretty weird if the headphones are phone specific. I have a different pair of USB C headphones that have active noise cancellation that work on my other headsets. As a last attempt, try downloading the free trial of USB Audio Player and see if the headphones work with that app.
25th June 2017, 03:39 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 272

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnguyen127

I'd try going under the developer options of your phone and checking the USB input and changing it to see if that gets you anywhere. It'd be pretty weird if the headphones are phone specific. I have a different pair of USB C headphones that have active noise cancellation that work on my other headsets. As a last attempt, try downloading the free trial of USB Audio Player and see if the headphones work with that app.

Hey @mnguyen127! I've tried what you told me to do, by changing the input type but it didn't work. I've tried all the options in the developer settings but it didn't work out. Do you have any other ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20170622-WA0018.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	4192626  
25th June 2017, 05:12 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravish_919

Hey @mnguyen127! I've tried what you told me to do, by changing the input type but it didn't work. I've tried all the options in the developer settings but it didn't work out. Do you have any other ideas?

Have you tried the USB audio player app? That thing has worked wonders for me when it comes to finicky USB C
26th June 2017, 06:50 PM |#5  
Flag Baia Mare
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I'm in a similar situation, and nothing I've tried worked. Now, I saw someone mention something about firmware on another similar thread, so we might just have to wait for when HTC finally decides to update the 10
27th June 2017, 03:41 AM |#6  

More
I have a pair of JBL Reflect Aware C which are USB-C active noise cancelling headphones, but I've noticed that after a certain update, my headphones won't work without the USB Audio Player app. Same thing happened on my Google Pixel which makes me think that if you roll back the update on your phone, you'll probably get audio out of USB-C.
27th June 2017, 02:27 PM |#7  
Flag Hanover
Thanks Meter: 4,566

Donate to Me
More
the high-res certified has nothing to do with the headphone Support. the suppor for those headphones are disabled so deep in System stuff, that me and other couldn't get it to work, even with Sound stuff from u Ultra and u11. you can't use them unless HTC supports them on the 10

I still have those from the Bolt when I tested the device. but can't use them. so either HTC Needs to fix it in their Firmware or they don't want it or so. maybe the cables inside are different from other usb c Audio devices so that might be a Problem too
8th July 2017, 05:09 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeZZ_NuuZZ

the high-res certified has nothing to do with the headphone Support. the suppor for those headphones are disabled so deep in System stuff, that me and other couldn't get it to work, even with Sound stuff from u Ultra and u11. you can't use them unless HTC supports them on the 10

I still have those from the Bolt when I tested the device. but can't use them. so either HTC Needs to fix it in their Firmware or they don't want it or so. maybe the cables inside are different from other usb c Audio devices so that might be a Problem too

Thanks for explaining it !!!
I guess I'll just hold on to my Brand New HTC U Sonic headphones. What is going on with HTC!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MelissaHTC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MelissaHTC Ad-Free
3rd June 2018, 12:24 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Usb port its not for headphones only for charging go for adapter
The Following User Says Thank You to nikolas60 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nikolas60 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
earphones, headset, htc 10, max 320

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)