FORUMS

[Review] Aukey Quick Carge 3.0 - Dual USB Car Charger (CC-T8)

214 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By cavist, Senior Member on 23rd June 2016, 06:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Disclaimer: I DID NOT received this product for free or was given any discount nor the seller/manufacturer knows about this review before posting. I bought it with my own money.

AUKEY CC-T8 - QC3.0 Dual slot USB Car charger

Since I upgraded my phone to HTC10, it was time to buy some new gadgets and replace my single slot Belkin car charger.
About a week ago I bought QC 3.0 Car Charger by Aukey. I ordered it for 9.60 USD, right now they are available for about 12 USD including worldwide shipping.
The charger is packed with a nice, simple and clean little cardboard box. Package comes with one charger, one USB to microUsb cable, an instruction manual and a flyer to register the product and extend warranty.

I thought the charger will be quite big since it houses all the QC 3.0 complaint electronics and 2 USB ports but in reality, it is very nice and compact charger - it hides in my car charger slot in the car without problem, I can pull the flap over it and it is not bulky as it seems.
The charger itself is very sturdy and you feel the housing is made of a really thick material - it is made fully in plastic of course. Personaly I do not like the piano finish in any way but Aukey advertises on their website that it is some anti scratch plastic and by using it over one week, it did not get scratched.
There is not any LED indicator that it is working when pluged in. My previous Belkin MIXIT charger had LED light right beside the usb slot which was quite deadly nad painful to look at but the connected cable could hide it from my eyes. Charger from Aukey should also come with a light indicator. Preferably in the ring around the top.
Charger of course charge my HTC10 rapidly also while second phone is connected.

The usb cable that comes in the package is also very sturdy and robust - it feels and probably is a high quality cable. Unfortunately it is microUsb - I think that since most of the QC 3.0 devices are using TypeC cable, the charger should ship with that type of cable. I would pay a slightly more for it again with TypeC connector.

I tried to register the product on their website using contact form, today I also sent them third e-mail directly but I did not get any confirmation or reply about registration so I do not know what to think about the support at the moment. I will post an updatet if they replied me back.
It is my first Aukey product and I am very happy with it even if not perfect. The price and quality is very good and the next target will be dual slot wall charger which will be of course also reviewed.

What I liked:
- high quality, sturdy built product
- dual QC 3.0 usb slots
- good price for such a product

What I disliked:
- piano finish
- no led indicator
- USB to microUsb cable, would like to see TypeC

The Following User Says Thank You to cavist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cavist Ad-Free
7th December 2016, 02:37 AM |#2  
Flag marche
Thanks Meter: 96

More
i bought it on flash sales 11.11 and it is PERFECT... tested with load meter and arrives to 3A for true..... never seen such power in a tiny charger.
for comparative... it is BETTER ( amps and steady voltage near 5v) than a chuwui 10000mah power bank and an easyacc PB10000QC3, both tested..... good power but the aukey cc.t8 I THE BEST ONE .
The Following User Says Thank You to realista87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift realista87 Ad-Free
9th December 2016, 06:37 PM |#3  
Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 155

More
I have the 4 port version and it works quite well. I agree the lack of an LED is annoying. Mine keeps on coming out of the 12V port slightly and so I'll go to charge my phone and it'll be off just enough to break contact.

I have a 50 minute commute to/from work, so it gets annoying when I pull in expecting a charged phone and it's not. You really have to pay attention to the phone's charging LEDs to see if it's working.

Otherwise, QC 3.0 is great. I love it.
28th March 2018, 12:40 AM |#4  
Flag Peania-Greece
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I own one of this beast for over a year too...perfect...I would also love a type c cable,but i just bought a type-c tip for the type b cable ,and used the same cable(it is a very good cable too)

I was that amazed by its quality,that i also bought two Auckey wall chargers as well...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
accessories, aukey, car charger, charger, htc10

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)