Tempered Glass Screen Protector for HTC 10

Search This thread

Jerseymase54

Mar 25, 2016
Smartphones are getting more and more expensive, you wouldn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on one and end up with a scratched screen. Many people don't have screen protectors and when they drop their phone they end up paying over $50+ on changing the screen. What screen protectors are you going to get for the HTC 10 or any brands you usually go for? :)

Reactions: dvdrw1024
Smartphones are getting more and more expensive, you wouldn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on one and end up with a scratched screen. Many people don't have screen protectors and when they drop their phone they end up paying over $50+ on changing the screen. What screen protectors are you going to get for the HTC 10 or any brands you usually go for? :)

My husband bought a protector for his iPhone from amFilm (linked below). It is the best protector we have seen. It is actually thick and made of some sort of glass-like material. I saw on the maker's site that they make these for the m9. I plan to get one for the 10 if they start to sell them.

http://www.amazon.com/amFilm-iPhone-Tempered-Screen-Protector/dp/B014EB532U?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

Haz04

Nov 16, 2015
Anyone know of Tempered glass screen protectors that go all the way to the edge or at least cover the entire LCD? So many A9 ones don't even cover the LCD. It's so annoying.

Reactions: zimilaci

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Last edited:

regalpimpin

Jun 21, 2010
After having seen a glass screen protector on the 10.. I might have to revert back to the japanese pet film type. It looked so incredibly bad on the device. That or hopefully some get a little closer to the edges, or, just making it a rectangle for the actual screen would even be better.

mahdibassam

Jul 31, 2009
Auckland
Asus ROG Phone 7 / 7 Ultimate
will be using a cheap one from Alieexpress until major brands release their stuff. I will be receiving my HTC10 this week :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 898
Reactions: Haz04

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, just throwing in my experience, I tried the fullscreen glass protectors (like g-color), but wasn't crazy about how thick it was over the fingerprint scanner. It made my scan misread too much. Also, since the edges of the screen curve back, there was a tiny, tiny gap at the edges which collected dust and made the protector pop off a bit now and then (especially with my case). As for the other glass protectors, I just didn't like the crazy shapes they added to the screen. So using the "phone size comparison" tool on Phone Arena's website, it looked like the square part of the HTC One m9 would just barely cover the width of the screen of the 10 and extend a bit over the top and bottom. So kind of on a lark, I ordered a glass protector for the m9 ( this one, to be precise), and to be honest, I really, really like it. It literally JUST barely covers the entire width (and I mean JUST barely, ie, if you look at it from an angle, you can see pixels from behind the screen, but only from an angle). Any wider, it'll overlap with the curved part and halo. Regardless, I'm very happy. It's tall enough that I don't run my finger over it when I swipe from the top or bottom of the screen, it stays put going in and out of my pocket and with my case, and no halos. Just putting that out there as an option!
    I am just wondering, is it okay if you can attach some pictures?

Per your request, attached are more photos of the m9 glass protector on my htc 10. Still very pleased with it. =)
    I went with supershieldz full tempered glass from Amazon. From what I've seen in photos it looks identical to the orzly one, with the same dot matrix on the main portion of the screen. As others have mentioned the recessed home button is a change but hasn't effected the accuracy of the sensor and the dot matrix is noticeable in some light but not altogether bothersome. The one thing I will add is that the very edges of the screen don't curve to meet the slight curve of the 10. And if you're extremely OCD you'll notice some light dust and lint getting trapped in those edges. Again not noticeable in day to day use but it's there if you have an eye for extreme details. The lint doesn't appear to be anything large enough to leave permanent marks in the original screen itself. I tried to take an extreme closeup to show it but it's minor enough to be hard to capture.

Other notes - I have no issues with the capacitive light buttons or notification light being blocked. They are precisely cut out so you have to be exact when laying the screen down but I got it on my first try. Also the screen protector works perfectly fine with my spigen case.

I was previously using the crystal spigen screen protectors and I liked those as well. They showed wear over time but they're also all but invisible to the eye when new, whereas this protector you're aware of its presence in a few distinct ways.

Overall pleased with the screen protector. Has its plusses and minuses but these are the best tempered glass protectors we'll get for the 10. No halos, and just a few compromises. The supershieldz happens to be two dollars cheaper on amazon than orzly and appears to be identical in case anyone wants to give it a shot.
    How noticeable are the dots?

I think it's the same as without the screen, i don't have another device that takes good pictures but is the best i can do for now @ChronoReverse
    Orzly - 2.5D Pro-Fit Tempered Glass Screen Protector
    I just installed this tempered glass from ORZLY

https://www.amazon.es/Orzly®-Protector-Pantalla-SmartPhone-TRANSPARENTE/dp/B01INKSUMI

Do not produces the halo effect (I had it with the same type from GCOLOR, more in the left side than in the right). It is very clear and covers from edge to edge. It has holes for the speaker and the light sensor. Do not have holes from the front camera and the notification led, but the glass is very clear, the notification led is visible and the front camera works fine (and puts another layer of protection...). The capacitive buttons are seen very well.

The bad thing is that has a very small dots in the screen that are sometimes visible when the are a lot of light, but this is properly announced in the product description. For me are barely visible, only with direct sun or a powerfull light. With the lights of my room I can't see them. With the screen on, are even less visible.

For now I'm very happy. I attach some photos.