[ROM/MAGISK]Bad Boyz US Unlocked HTC 10 ROM | N | 2.41.617.3 | v3.2 | updated 2.1.17

Search This thread

chas123

Oct 29, 2008
Team Bad Boyz presents...

8JXPO5x.png

Bad Boyz US unlocked HTC 10 ROM 7 NOUGAT Sense 8 v3.2
Modified Stock Kernel

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD Magisk ROM

REQUIREMENTS

Code:
[B]
-Must be unlocked with custom recovery installed [URL="https://dl.twrp.me/pme/"](TWRP)[/URL]
-[URL="http://theroot.ninja/"]S-Off highly recommended!!![/URL] thx @jcase & crew!
[/B]

FEATURES - 1.23.17

Code:
[B]
-based on US Unlocked 2.41.617.3 RUU
-compatible w/ AT&T, TMO, VZW & INTL
[/B]

KERNEL

Code:
[B]
-Stock Kernel
[/B]

MODs
Code:
[B]
SystemUI mods (activated in tweaks app)

-added SystemUI Tuner (to activate, open QS, long press settings cog)
-added DoubleTap to sleep in the status bar
-added Right corner pulldown QS
-added MIUI battery indicator
-added Traffic indicator 
-toggle power saver notification 
-toggle GPS icon 
-hide clock
-center clock 
-hide boomsound icon 
-hide battery icon 
-show battery % in battery
-show QS battery % 
-show QS user icon
-show QS small icons
-show QS 4 columns
-show/hide brightness bar

Prism mods

-added 5x6 app drawer
-added landscape (activated in tweaks app)
-added inifinte folders (activated in tweaks app)

Misc mods

-added SuperSU 2.79 (dm-verity disabled, forced encryption)
-added Bad Boyz Tweaks app
-added Bad Boyz Modz App
-Ambient Display- The wake on pick up function does not work.
-added APM
-added Multiuser support
-added animation tweaks
-added default Dev options menu
-added init.d support
-added hotspot support
-added Auto-Start Manager (settings/security)
-disabled adb icon
-disabled NFC icon
-disabled sig checks
-removed bootup sound
-debloated ROM
- Misc. performance tweaks
[/B]

ADDED

Code:
[B]
-[URL="https://www.romdashboard.com"][COLOR=Black]ROMdB Dev Tool[/COLOR][/URL]
-BB Tweaks App
-BB Modz App
-aLogcat
-HTC Music
-HTC Gallery
[/B]

Changelog

v3.1 1-4-17
Updated to 2.38.617.6

v3 12-17-16
--Updated To Nougat- Based on official 2.28.617.8 RUU

v2.1 8-25-16
--Rebased on official 1.91 RUU
-Added tweaks
-Various bug fixes

v1.1 - 5.24.16
-updated APM, replaced reboot-bootloader w/ reboot-download mode
-updated default download dir for Modz App to /internal/BadBoyz_Modz, can be changed in settings
-updated SuperSU to v2.74
-removed device check during install

v1.0 - 5.15.16
-initial release

CREDITS

OMJ - Team Bad Boyz
benny3 - Team Bad Boyz
chas123 - Team Bad Boyz
joeykrim - ROMdb
lyapota - mods
ChainFire - SuperSU
Digitalhigh - Tweaks App
SuperR. - kitchen
Captain_Throwback - twrp and testing

We also want to thank the following devs for their contributions: TeamWin, LeeDroid, baadnewz,
LlabTooFeR, dazednconfused & amarullz for all the excellent guides, tutorials, mods, kernels & help!

XDA:DevDB Information
Bad Boyz US unlocked HTC 10 ROM 6.0.1 Sense 8 v2.1, ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
chas123, OMJ, benny3
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v1.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-05-16

Created 2016-05-16
Last Updated 2018-02-14

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Nice work, Team Bad Boyz. I was worried I wouldn't be able to use a Bad Boyz ROM since switching to T-Mobile from Sprint, so I'm glad to see this here.

Okay, so I'm trying to get the Tweaks to work, specifically Landscape Prism, and it doesn't appear to be working. I tried rebooting, but still no rotation. I confirmed that Auto-Rotate is enabled, and that I'm using the version of Sense Home that comes with the ROM.

Also the Network Traffic option isn't scaled correctly (perhaps for the wrong resolution?) and the Double tap to sleep option doesn't appear to be working for me either.

Screenshots are attached.

P.S. Is there any way the APM could be modified to include Download mode rather than Bootloader? Bootloader isn't really useful on this device. Just a suggestion :).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160516-202026.png
    Screenshot_20160516-202026.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 2,435
  • Screenshot_20160516-202041.png
    Screenshot_20160516-202041.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,421
  • Screenshot_20160516-202123.png
    Screenshot_20160516-202123.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 2,359
  • Screenshot_20160516-202112.png
    Screenshot_20160516-202112.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 2,253
Reactions: OMJ

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I flashed over LD ROM and keep getting over and over again Unfortunately Google Play Services has Stopped

Anyway to fix?
Did it optimize apps when you flashed? I just flashed the ROM after having LeeDroid installed but I'm not seeing any force close issues. You can try wiping System in TWRP prior to flashing and see if that makes any difference (though it shouldn't, as I'm sure the ROM formats /system upon install). But you never know, and it can't hurt.

chas123

Oct 29, 2008
Nice work, Team Bad Boyz. I was worried I wouldn't be able to use a Bad Boyz ROM since switching to T-Mobile from Sprint, so I'm glad to see this here.

Okay, so I'm trying to get the Tweaks to work, specifically Landscape Prism, and it doesn't appear to be working. I tried rebooting, but still no rotation. I confirmed that Auto-Rotate is enabled, and that I'm using the version of Sense Home that comes with the ROM.

Also the Network Traffic option isn't scaled correctly (perhaps for the wrong resolution?) and the Double tap to sleep option doesn't appear to be working for me either.

P.S. Is there any way the APM could be modified to include Download mode rather than Bootloader? Bootloader isn't really useful on this device. Just a suggestion :).

Personally, I don't use Prism, but we'll get that sorted out. Download will be added to apm shortly.

Reactions: Captain_Throwback

benny3

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Rosommon, MICH

I can confirm Landscape works just fine here But i didnt flash over any rom, I did a clean install.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

just wondering so its fine to do a dirty flash from 1 developers rom to other developers rom?

this is strange we always used to be doing clean flash and do support clean flash.... dirty sucks...or thats how its done mostly with htc roms?

We would recommend you do a clean install,

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
just wondering so its fine to do a dirty flash from 1 developers rom to other developers rom?

this is strange we always used to be doing clean flash and do support clean flash.... dirty sucks...or thats how its done mostly with htc roms?

even though data is not being written to during ROM flash, I suspect there is data that is conflicting when going from one ROM to another...

clean flash is always best

Reactions: Jarheadflip

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
This looks amazing! Once I give my phone a little more time to make sure I want to keep it, I'll likely flash this ROM. The only other thing holding me back is I may want to use it with a Verizon SIM, so if this actually works with a Verizon SIM in the future that would be awesome.

AvenidaDelGato

May 4, 2016

Try uninstalling HTC Sense Home. That resolved the Landscape Prism issue for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Bad Boyz presents...

8JXPO5x.png

Bad Boyz US unlocked HTC 10 ROM 7 NOUGAT Sense 8 v3.2
    Modified Stock Kernel

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD Magisk ROM

REQUIREMENTS

Code:
    [B]
    -Must be unlocked with custom recovery installed [URL="https://dl.twrp.me/pme/"](TWRP)[/URL]
    -[URL="http://theroot.ninja/"]S-Off highly recommended!!![/URL] thx @jcase & crew!
    [/B]

FEATURES - 1.23.17

Code:
    [B]
    -based on US Unlocked 2.41.617.3 RUU
    -compatible w/ AT&T, TMO, VZW & INTL
    [/B]

KERNEL

Code:
    [B]
    -Stock Kernel
    [/B]

MODs
    Code:
    [B]
    SystemUI mods (activated in tweaks app)

-added SystemUI Tuner (to activate, open QS, long press settings cog)
    -added DoubleTap to sleep in the status bar
    -added Right corner pulldown QS
    -added MIUI battery indicator
    -added Traffic indicator 
    -toggle power saver notification 
    -toggle GPS icon 
    -hide clock
    -center clock 
    -hide boomsound icon 
    -hide battery icon 
    -show battery % in battery
    -show QS battery % 
    -show QS user icon
    -show QS small icons
    -show QS 4 columns
    -show/hide brightness bar

Prism mods

-added 5x6 app drawer
    -added landscape (activated in tweaks app)
    -added inifinte folders (activated in tweaks app)

Misc mods

-added SuperSU 2.79 (dm-verity disabled, forced encryption)
    -added Bad Boyz Tweaks app
    -added Bad Boyz Modz App
    -Ambient Display- The wake on pick up function does not work.
    -added APM
    -added Multiuser support
    -added animation tweaks
    -added default Dev options menu
    -added init.d support
    -added hotspot support
    -added Auto-Start Manager (settings/security)
    -disabled adb icon
    -disabled NFC icon
    -disabled sig checks
    -removed bootup sound
    -debloated ROM
    - Misc. performance tweaks
    [/B]

ADDED

Code:
    [B]
    -[URL="https://www.romdashboard.com"][COLOR=Black]ROMdB Dev Tool[/COLOR][/URL]
    -BB Tweaks App
    -BB Modz App
    -aLogcat
    -HTC Music
    -HTC Gallery
    [/B]

Changelog

v3.1 1-4-17
    Updated to 2.38.617.6

v3 12-17-16
    --Updated To Nougat- Based on official 2.28.617.8 RUU

v2.1 8-25-16
    --Rebased on official 1.91 RUU
    -Added tweaks
    -Various bug fixes

v1.1 - 5.24.16
    -updated APM, replaced reboot-bootloader w/ reboot-download mode
    -updated default download dir for Modz App to /internal/BadBoyz_Modz, can be changed in settings
    -updated SuperSU to v2.74
    -removed device check during install

v1.0 - 5.15.16
    -initial release

CREDITS

OMJ - Team Bad Boyz
    benny3 - Team Bad Boyz
    chas123 - Team Bad Boyz
    joeykrim - ROMdb
    lyapota - mods
    ChainFire - SuperSU
    Digitalhigh - Tweaks App
    SuperR. - kitchen
    Captain_Throwback - twrp and testing

We also want to thank the following devs for their contributions: TeamWin, LeeDroid, baadnewz,
    LlabTooFeR, dazednconfused & amarullz for all the excellent guides, tutorials, mods, kernels & help!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Bad Boyz US unlocked HTC 10 ROM 6.0.1 Sense 8 v2.1, ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
    chas123, OMJ, benny3
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-05-16

Created 2016-05-16
    Last Updated 2018-02-14
    Rom updated in OP

- Rebased on official 1.8 RUU
    - Tethering fix
    - Updated modded Prism
    - Added more mods to tweaks app (see OP)
    I'm pretty sure @nkk71 knows how to extract the file_contexts.bin. If he could share that knowledge with us and @SuperR. as well it would probably allow the kitchen to find the proper contexts/permissions for whatever files are different/missing.
    The kitchen already extracts file_contexts.bin. It has for a while now actually. The bin format was introduced in M for some devices. Take a look in 00_project_files after extracting your rom. file_contexts is the extracted file_contexts.bin if it exists. The kitchen does not use any preset file_contexts, only preset file permissions. file_contexts2 is a filtered list the kitchen uses for set_metadata roms.
    I created a few Splash screens for our Bad Boys ROM. Thanks to @benny3 for his Flash Creator! It seems to trip the dreaded Red text " This build is for...blah, blah, blah." So I modified the aboot as well. THESE ARE FOR US UNLOCKED VERSION FIRMWARE 1.53.617.53

Splash1_US_Unlocked.zip
    BadBoyz Logo Splash_US_Unlocked.zip
    BadBoyz Blue Chrome US_Unlocked.zip

Instructions:
    Place Zip in your fastboot folder.
    Reboot to Download Mode
    in CMD from fastboot folder type: fastboot flash zip Filename.zip (Will have to do this twice!!!)
    fastboot reboot
    PROFIT!
    Magisk based ROM

*Update ROM is intended for those that already have Magisk installed, Full ROM is for those starting clean

Make sure you're stock, if you're on a custom ROM, either flash RUU or restore untouched system & boot imgs. This ROM will flash everything: Magisk, Magisk Mgr, phh Superuser, and of course the Bad Boyz ROM module. Phh Superuser is the preferred root for maximum usefulness (safetynet masking). If you are stock but have systemless SuperSU installed, I recommend you uninstall & delete /data/su.img, but the ROM is compatible w/ SuperSU, as long as it is systemless & installed prior to installing this ROM...

:D

thx @topjohnwoo, @Captain_Throwback & @LeeDroid for all the collaboration & help!!!