VIDEO DEMOSTRATION
youtu.be/Y00fzX9Ok4g

BOOTLOADER MUST BE UNLOCKED
AND USB DEBUGGING ENABLED

Download File:
HTC-10_ONE-CLICK-ROOT.exe

Thanks to Magisk and Twrp
Celular.Doctor
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to hernankano For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hernankano Ad-Free
22nd March 2018, 04:47 PM |#2  
Flag NYC / NJ
Thanks Meter: 2,013

Donate to Me
More
I will test this for other users, is this MAGISK or SuperSU?
22nd March 2018, 05:03 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROOVYJOSHCLARK

I will test this for other users, is this MAGISK or SuperSU?

It's magisk
The Following User Says Thank You to stefan1234566789 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stefan1234566789 Ad-Free
23rd March 2018, 01:07 PM |#4  
Flag NYC / NJ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan1234566789

It's magisk

Thanks, I hate magisk, I am a SuperSU guy but I have tested it for others and works
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GROOVYJOSHCLARK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GROOVYJOSHCLARK Ad-Free
23rd March 2018, 06:05 PM |#5  
Flag Lagos
Thanks Meter: 30

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks, I hate magisk, I am a SuperSU guy but I have tested it for others and works

I'm curious, why do you hate magisk? What's it's downside compared to SuperSU?
23rd March 2018, 06:44 PM |#6  
Flag NYC / NJ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabia

I'm curious, why do you hate magisk? What's it's downside compared to SuperSU?

Loss of ROOT, sound issues with certain AOSP ROMs, buggy interface, continual root permissions denied when set to allowed, ETC. The list goes on and on, but I am NOT saying I will never return to MAGISK as it is great for things like Pay and hiding root. I just cannot use it nor rely on it until it is stable without issues. I run numerous production scripts and remote calls (for work and personally for backups) throughout the night that ALL rely heavily on ROOT, without ROOT, they fail and cannot move onto the next steps. I cannot have these processes fail by losing root, and as of now, MAGISK lost root 5 out of the 10 nights when I test MAGISK. I have tried every version, including the latest and there are still issues with stability.

Again, once these are worked out and once it is stable, I will most definitely be testing it for daily use but it is no where near ready yet.

I should not have said I HATE it, that was the wrong wording and not my intended wording. Readers may see this and get the wrong impression og MAGISK. I should have said, I cannot use it until its stable, so I apologize for that and to the devs of MAGISK, it is not my intention to bad mouth MAGISK. Its just not ready yet for daily use for what I need it for.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GROOVYJOSHCLARK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GROOVYJOSHCLARK Ad-Free
24th March 2018, 10:01 AM |#7  
Flag Isfahan
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:

Loss of ROOT, sound issues with certain AOSP ROMs, buggy interface, continual root permissions denied when set to allowed, ETC. The list goes on and on, but I am NOT saying I will never return to MAGISK as it is great for things like Pay and hiding root. I just cannot use it nor rely on it until it is stable without issues. I run numerous production scripts and remote calls (for work and personally for backups) throughout the night that ALL rely heavily on ROOT, without ROOT, they fail and cannot move onto the next steps. I cannot have these processes fail by losing root, and as of now, MAGISK lost root 5 out of the 10 nights when I test MAGISK. I have tried every version, including the latest and there are still issues with stability.

Again, once these are worked out and once it is stable, I will most definitely be testing it for daily use but it is no where near ready yet.

I should not have said I HATE it, that was the wrong wording and not my intended wording. Readers may see this and get the wrong impression og MAGISK. I should have said, I cannot use it until its stable, so I apologize for that and to the devs of MAGISK, it is not my intention to bad mouth MAGISK. Its just not ready yet for daily use for what I need it for.

That's weird. I haven't encountered any of these problems. I have used Magisk on RR, LOS, Viper and Leedroid without any problem.
If I'm not mistaken developer of Magisk owns a HTC 10 as daily driver and I thought HTC 10 is the most supported device for using Magisk.
24th March 2018, 02:39 PM |#8  
Flag NYC / NJ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Shadow

That's weird. I haven't encountered any of these problems. I have used Magisk on RR, LOS, Viper and Leedroid without any problem.
If I'm not mistaken developer of Magisk owns a HTC 10 as daily driver and I thought HTC 10 is the most supported device for using Magisk.

That may be very true for sense based ROMs but entirely not true for any AOSP ROMs. It's riddled with bugs for AOSP, I don't use any sense based ROMs as my DD but I do test them for others.

Magisk loses root for AOSP users (and not just myself) many others have reported the same (again in AOSP), the audio issues were also ruled to magisk (again may only be on AOSP). So I only ever recommend SuperSU to AOSP users until magisk issues are working on AOSP. Again I am NOT saying root does with MAGISK but it does LOSE root over time so its possible you never noticed it as an issue. It is definitely an issue. You can read about it in the PF forums, or RR forums (basically the most used AOSP forums for the HTC10), its all over the forums.

sent from my HTC 10 droid running AOSP ***note do not PM me, I do not check PM's ever, instead ping me on the forums***
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GROOVYJOSHCLARK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GROOVYJOSHCLARK Ad-Free
24th March 2018, 06:22 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
test
works well on htc10 3.16.400.3
4th April 2018, 06:29 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Celular.Doctor
Thanks Meter: 160

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

its simple, i use magisk becouse supersu fail in last new versions of android, and as we know chainfire lives supersu... magisk works perfect on android oreo phones, like htc 10 but supersu is fully of bugs. its a fact, chainfire say it, supersu is dead.
6th April 2018, 09:28 PM |#11  
Flag NYC / NJ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernankano

its simple, i use magisk becouse supersu fail in last new versions of android, and as we know chainfire lives supersu... magisk works perfect on android oreo phones, like htc 10 but supersu is fully of bugs. its a fact, chainfire say it, supersu is dead.

That's really interesting, I have found the complete exact opposite results. I ONLY use SuperSU, including Oreo 8.1 (AOSP). This could very well be the opposite with Sense OS but not with AOSP and derivatives. I don't run Sense OS in any form other than to test things for other users so my phone is only AOSP, take what I'm saying with a grain of salt if you're a stock Sense user.

sent from my HTC 10 droid running AOSP ***note do not PM me, I do not check PM's ever, instead ping me on the forums***
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc 10 one click root, htc 10 twr magisk, htc one 10 root, htc one 10 root twrp, root htc 10 andoird 8 oreo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)