FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [10.0] crDroidAndroid v6.0 [UNOFFICIAL] 11/14/2019

14,316 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,443

By andybones, Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Developer on 2nd November 2019, 09:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th November 2019, 10:21 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I start to use it with all my apps. It is too early to give info about battery life. I can say it is fast, fluent. Only thing I see is quick charge is not working. While charging, it is writing "Charging" at the %35 percent. Normally at %35 percentage it was writing "quick charging". This is the first time charging after installing the rom. I will see it in the following days.

I am pretty happy before with Crdroid 5.8 + Cleanslate kernel. I had tried the previous CrDroid Q with cleanslate kernel for pie and it booted. But I did not used it much. I will try the stock fagyi kernel first and then try it with cleanslate kernel. I will write the accubattery measuring in the following dates.
The Following User Says Thank You to kursatgoker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kursatgoker Ad-Free
5th November 2019, 12:31 AM |#12  
OP Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Upstate NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kursatgoker

I start to use it with all my apps. It is too early to give info about battery life. I can say it is fast, fluent. Only thing I see is quick charge is not working. While charging, it is writing "Charging" at the %35 percent. Normally at %35 percentage it was writing "quick charging". This is the first time charging after installing the rom. I will see it in the following days.

I am pretty happy before with Crdroid 5.8 + Cleanslate kernel. I had tried the previous CrDroid Q with cleanslate kernel for pie and it booted. But I did not used it much. I will try the stock fagyi kernel first and then try it with cleanslate kernel. I will write the accubattery measuring in the following dates.

Thanks for the feedback!
Are you able to test and see how long it takes for full change.
Should be able to tell if it's quick charging or not, it may just be the wrong text and not saying so, but it's still quick charging.
And it's always good to remember Q is new and things will keep getting better and better. So P I'll keep updating but I think it may be final as far as security updates so may not be anything to build as nothing is new and all devs are focused on Q.
Seems so as P I just updated and nothing was new for about a week or more and was bumped to v5.9 and Q is v6.0

So yea, depending on the person, may want to use P until a few more builds come and bugs and features get added and go.
The Following User Says Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andybones Ad-Free
5th November 2019, 04:29 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 309

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones

Thanks for the feedback!
Are you able to test and see how long it takes for full change.
Should be able to tell if it's quick charging or not, it may just be the wrong text and not saying so, but it's still quick charging.
And it's always good to remember Q is new and things will keep getting better and better. So P I'll keep updating but I think it may be final as far as security updates so may not be anything to build as nothing is new and all devs are focused on Q.
Seems so as P I just updated and nothing was new for about a week or more and was bumped to v5.9 and Q is v6.0

So yea, depending on the person, may want to use P until a few more builds come and bugs and features get added and go.

I'm doing a TWRP backup now, and will test the battery using AccuBattery charging on 9 and after I install 10.
(dropping this here so I can find it later. Will likely be an hour or two)

Edit 1:
I use this HTC 10 WiFi only so I cant test cell/4GE connectivity without doing some special things I'm unlikely to do

as a test I installed this as I would if here was just a ROM update from CRDroid 9

Wipe/system/cache/dalvik (I left data intact)
Install ROM
Reboot to recovery
Install the Beta Opengapps from post 1
reboot to recovery
Install Magisk 20
Pleased to see /data survived intact, all my apps are there ,

Contacts Storage complained shortly after reboot and a recurring "android.process.acore" flashes every 10 seconds or so.
couldnt connect to WiFi "failed to save network"
rebooted the device to give it a second chance.

to thepoint of the test really

accubattery does show a diminished charging rate on Q compared to P
(the numbers do fluctuate but these are representative)
1st img - P 2nd img Q after leaving it charging for about 5 minutes each time
why the current is similiar but the %/hr. is halved, I dont know.

I just did this to give a quick look at the rom .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191104-224234.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	4866751   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191104-231301_AccuBattery.png
Views:	218
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	4866753  
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeataol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikeataol Ad-Free
5th November 2019, 06:30 AM |#14  
Flag Upstate NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeataol

I'm doing a TWRP backup now, and will test the battery using AccuBattery charging on 9 and after I install 10.

Edit 1:
I use this HTC 10 WiFi only so I cant test cell/4GE connectivity without doing some special things I'm unlikely to do

as a test I installed this as I would if here was just a ROM update from CRDroid 9

Install ROM
Reboot to recovery
reboot to recovery
Install Magisk 20

Contacts Storage complained shortly after reboot and a recurring "android.process.acore" flashes every 10 seconds or so.

Thanks for the tests and feedback my friend!
Was interested also if P to Q would work. Actually somewhat surprised that it Booted!
For someone like me who has less than 30 apps to download I kinda prefer doing clean flash every once in awhile, but those with much more, or just doing something kind like this, certainly good to know! But yea any fc you ran into was because P and Q are so different.

Hopefully next build will fix the ril so you don't need to do any edits for 4g. Fagyi is updating his github soon, or possibly already did, unfortunately stuck in bed right now with Sinus and stomach issues.

Ill have to maybe ask fagyi about the charging, unless someone can let me know if it's also a lin17 issue. If confirmed to just crdroidQ, could be something that'll come in upstrram, or something I need to fix.

Unfortunately I'm tied to N until the 10th.

So can't thank you enough for going through the paces and giving such great feedback!

Eek, just had the old htc 10 reboot at 35% boot with 1%..
Hoping it's because of flashing and forgetting to charge to 100% rather the 80% that I have been doing for 1+ year.
The Following User Says Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andybones Ad-Free
5th November 2019, 02:53 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 288

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeataol

Edit 1:

Install ROM
Reboot to recovery
reboot to recovery
Install Magisk 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones

Thanks for the tests and feedback my friend!
Was interested also if P to Q would work. Actually somewhat surprised that it Booted!
For someone like me who has less than 30 apps to download I kinda prefer doing clean flash every once in awhile, but those with much more, or just doing something kind like this, certainly good to know! But yea any fc you ran into was because P and Q are so different.

Hopefully next build will fix the ril so you don't need to do any edits for 4g. Fagyi is updating his github soon, or possibly already did, unfortunately stuck in bed right now with Sinus and stomach issues.

Ill have to maybe ask fagyi about the charging, unless someone can let me know if it's also a lin17 issue. If confirmed to just crdroidQ, could be something that'll come in upstrram, or something I need to fix.

Unfortunately I'm tied to N until the 10th.

So can't thank you enough for going through the paces and giving such great feedback!

Eek, just had the old htc 10 reboot at 35% boot with 1%..
Hoping it's because of flashing and forgetting to charge to 100% rather the 80% that I have been doing for 1+ year.

hi @andybones sorry my friend I have been unable to test CR droid 6 till now .. coz initial build had booting issues so i went for LOS 17 meanwhile boot was fixed ... for now i am testing latest LOS build (the one with Gapps included) ... will test CR deoid 6 in few days now...

Meanwhile regarding battery I dont see any difference between any P roms and LOS 17. It seems as if in second pic from mikeataol the charging speed has been slowed down to decrease temp and preserve battery .. On Q roms i am getting current 1.5-2A @4.4 volts during early phase of battery charging .. (as later stage of charging is slower)
technically if u are using fagyi kernel Charging shouldnt be an issue in Crdroid 6 .. (or it might be a cosmetic glitch where it displays lower current when in reality its fast charging)
The Following User Says Thank You to abdullahsulman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abdullahsulman Ad-Free
6th November 2019, 05:11 AM |#16  
Flag Upstate NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdullahsulman

hi @andybones sorry my friend I have been unable to test CR droid 6 till now .. coz initial build had booting issues so i went for LOS 17 meanwhile boot was fixed ... for now i am testing latest LOS build (the one with Gapps included) ... will test CR deoid 6 in few days now...

Meanwhile regarding battery I dont see any difference between any P roms and LOS 17. It seems as if in second pic from mikeataol the charging speed has been slowed down to decrease temp and preserve battery .. On Q roms i am getting current 1.5-2A @4.4 volts during early phase of battery charging .. (as later stage of charging is slower)
technically if u are using fagyi kernel Charging shouldnt be an issue in Crdroid 6 .. (or it might be a cosmetic glitch where it displays lower current when in reality its fast charging)

No worries my friend!! As long as you are on a ROM that's to your liking and happy, especially by the amazing fagyi, I'm happy.
(never liked how devs fault for users in the past).

I appreciate the insight on tge charging and battery. And I agree on your thoughts. Looking forward to updating build once fagyi upfated with VoLTE fixes, then it should be pretty good to go as a daily, if not already is. I wish I could flash it. Stuck on N til 9th.

Really want to replace my battery/screen but have a feeling ill destroy the device. Lol. Getting tough with the 35% battery loss on random reboot

Thanks for your continued support man!

-----------

P.S. For anyone like me trying to extend battery without the extra effort. I can confirm this app works on N firmware and should be fine on O with P and Q.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...arner-t3560920
7th November 2019, 10:22 AM |#17  

More
Hello everybody. I used CrDroid 6.0 with stock kernel and get 1 hour 21 minutes SOT in 18 hours. Formerly I got 2hours 30 minutes SOT with CrDroid 5.8 with cleanslate kernel. Then I switched to CrDroid 6.0 with cleanslate kernel for P. And I got 2 hours SOT in 24 hours. As far as I see from the detailed app usage in accubattery, app usage is similar between two. Have a nice day. By the way in accubattery battery health measures %68 (2046mAh).
The Following User Says Thank You to kursatgoker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kursatgoker Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 04:13 AM |#18  
Flag Upstate NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello everybody. I used CrDroid 6.0 with stock kernel and get 1 hour 21 minutes SOT in 18 hours. Formerly I got 2hours 30 minutes SOT with CrDroid 5.8 with cleanslate kernel. Then I switched to CrDroid 6.0 with cleanslate kernel for P. And I got 2 hours SOT in 24 hours. As far as I see from the detailed app usage in accubattery, app usage is similar between two. Have a nice day. By the way in accubattery battery health measures %68 (2046mAh).

Thanks for the review.
This is with a charge from 100%?

I can get about 2.5 hours from 80% down to 15%.
I don't like to go above 80 or below 5%.
This has helped keep my battery health at about 70% for over a year.
But if I do go to 100% I can get 4 hours sot.

It's getting to that time when we are going to have to decide about replacing the battery, or the device.

If it gets really bad I would have to unfortunately suggest you go back to Nougat.
I can still get 4 hour sot from 80-10%.

Also accubattery says 72% on N and 66% on O (firmware)

I still am curious if it'd be better or not getting P or Q running on N firmware as our O stinks.
11th November 2019, 08:45 PM |#19  

More
Hello again. Because of the low SOT I was using from 100 to 20. But as of tomorrow, I changed rom to the ViperROM nougat with cleanslate kernel. I had used ViperRom nougat for nearly 6 months from January 2019-June 2019 and I was pretty happy with that. This time I swithced to the cleanslate kernel. Anyway have a nice time.
11th November 2019, 11:31 PM |#20  
Flag Upstate NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello again. Because of the low SOT I was using from 100 to 20. But as of tomorrow, I changed rom to the ViperROM nougat with cleanslate kernel. I had used ViperRom nougat for nearly 6 months from January 2019-June 2019 and I was pretty happy with that. This time I swithced to the cleanslate kernel. Anyway have a nice time.

Did you come to say you are using ViperROM...
or this ROM with cleanslate kernel?

Either way, I am happy with, whatever ROM you are happy on.
12th November 2019, 08:32 AM |#21  
Flag Upstate NY

Donate to Me
More
Anyone using the RCS hack?
Sort of useless as other person must have it activated as well.

Carrier services application isn't necessary I have discovered.
I used it to activate it initially.
But found can delete it and then don't optimize Android Messages.

This was on Nougat, and will be doing RUU this week (been going back and forth to N as it has multirom, so I can reboot into stock sense when I needed it) and back to Pie, while I wait patiently for fagyi to add his commits to github which will hopefully fix ril issues for Verizon and possibly VoLTE.

Im unfortunately not too sure where to start with fixing it so I may download the source again, and play around, so I don't mess up the current build.

Thanks everyone for supporting me while I learn from the master!
So blessed to have fagyi and his patience with all my questions, not too mention all the work he does.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andybones Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)