FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Will you be joining me on the HTC U12+?

Hell Yes!

51 Vote(s)
28.49%
Its a possibility

63 Vote(s)
35.20%
No

65 Vote(s)
36.31%

[ROM] LeeDrOiD 10 V5.3.3 - R9 - June 26th 2019 | Oreo | Fast | Stable | Shortcutter

28,715 posts
Thanks Meter: 45,662

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from LeeDroid: Come into the light! - Android N, Google Assistant, (Opt)Pixel Launcher, Tweaks, SafetyNet Pass, All Carriers
5th May 2016, 07:53 AM |#21  
Flag Bristol, Scrumpy Country
Thanks Meter: 3,694

More
Congratulations Lee just waiting for my European ten sent courtesy of our mutual friend!
The Following User Says Thank You to exocetdj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift exocetdj Ad-Free

5th May 2016, 08:05 AM |#22  
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 901

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple patch

In same situation... Ready to jump to LeeDroid but also on 1.21 firmware. Will wait for answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteri8706

I'll ask again, bump the thread...

I have unlocked and S-Off my HTC 10.

LeeDroid states we have to be on the FW 1.3xxx, whereas I am on FW 1.21xxx

Now in the older days of HTC, to get the 'Firmware' if our phone carriers did not update us quickly enough, we had to download signed or unsigned packages to update the FW separately to updating to the 'newer based ROM'.

Has this changed? i.e. I can download the fully stock backup of the 1.3xxx ROM and restore this and the boot file with TWRP. Is this all I have to do before I flash this custom ROM?

OR, do I also have to do as in old days, flash the FW 1.3xx to enable the phone to work properly? If so, can anyone here point me to the FW file to flash prior to flashing the ROM now that I also have S-Off?

Thanks and I do look forward to any help on this and, much appreciated, in advance

You should be fine. Just make a TWRP backup prior to flashing. 1.30 updated camera and wifi. If you have wifi issues, just restore your backup. No harm no foul.
The Following User Says Thank You to jollywhitefoot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jollywhitefoot Ad-Free
5th May 2016, 08:07 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollywhitefoot

You should be fine. Just make a TWRP backup prior to flashing. 1.30 updated camera and wifi. If you have wifi issues, just restore your backup. No harm no foul.

Thanks mate, already did just that. Still optimizing apps. Will post results anyway soon.
5th May 2016, 08:09 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 14,644

More
I'm not going in here ...... oh wait ..... too late !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr Hofs Ad-Free
5th May 2016, 08:20 AM |#25  

More
Ok cool...FW1.21.841.8 S-on. Telstra phone using Optus SIM. All working ATM. WIFI good/Signal good. Camera good too. Thanks @LeeDroid.
The Following User Says Thank You to purple patch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift purple patch Ad-Free
5th May 2016, 08:29 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple patch

Ok cool...FW1.21.841.8 S-on. Telstra phone using Optus SIM. All working ATM. WIFI good/Signal good. Camera good too. Thanks @LeeDroid.

So no problems at all?? Tried everything, right through to mobile hotspot etc? No apps FC'ing?

Did you full wipe, or dirty flash over? Just flashed ROM and nothing else - i.e. boot img separately?

I hate that I have to full wipe, setting it up is a pain from scratch, but if need be, will do.

Let us know how you go, cheers.
5th May 2016, 08:33 AM |#27  

More
Quote:

So no problems at all?? Tried everything, right through to mobile hotspot etc? No apps FC'ing?

Did you full wipe, or dirty flash over? Just flashed ROM and nothing else - i.e. boot img separately?

I hate that I have to full wipe, setting it up is a pain from scratch, but if need be, will do.

Let us know how you go, cheers.

Dirty flash over stock (as instructed), that was all. Obviously backed up. No FC's yet. Hotspot is working. Use as daily phone, so will know everything tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to purple patch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift purple patch Ad-Free
5th May 2016, 08:51 AM |#28  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Newton Aycliffe

Donate to Me
More
Morning all!

A busy night last night & had to get some rest shortly after launch / my 2am finish.

Regarding Firmware:

you shouldn't need to s-off & convert to htc European, as long as you are on the newest firmware available for your carrier /region you should be good to go, I will clear this point up in the Op.

Make sure you back up & pay attention to my notes in the OP
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LeeDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2016, 08:55 AM |#29  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Newton Aycliffe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Since writing, I have tried SuperCID (it works for the M10 by the way) and no OTA's. Then tried stock recoveries for matching MID's to the phone, still no OTA's to get me/us on updated FW to flash the ROM.

I guess even by changing CID's and having stock recovery which matches the device MID, with no root etc and being S-off, still ain't getting any OTA's with any combo of ways of doing it. Even on stock everything, with matching CID to MID, I'm having no luck in getting the OTA for the sake of FW to assumedly be able to flash the ROM.

If we can't flash because of this (it sucks) we'll have to wait for the guru's who make up the unsigned (or signed) zip files to flash the FW manually

Unless someone can prove otherwise that the ROM/bootloader etc can be flashed with older FW....... OR show us where we can d/l the FW to match

Early days, no in a huge rush, but burning that I/we are limited because of this........................

Did you treat flash the ROM before your went through all this @peteri8706? :-/
5th May 2016, 08:59 AM |#30  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 1,190

Donate to Me
More
Sweet website
The Following User Says Thank You to ~clumsy~ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ~clumsy~ Ad-Free
5th May 2016, 09:06 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Any chance you can investigate [email protected] recording?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
feature packed, leedroid 10, reliable, rock solid, stable

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)