FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] MaximusHD | 4.0.0 | Android 8.0 | Fast&Stable | APM | OTA | 3.16.401.2

3,436 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,874

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from LlabTooFeR: Full ROM 4.0.0 is available!
30th July 2016, 06:18 PM |#101  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,609

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldi4803

It's full of Tweaks ^^
It's 1.80.709.1 Base with devsk modified Ex Kernel v10 and systemless Xposed.

That's why I asked if WiFi Band Settings can be changed in ROM or if they're fix in Baseband or Kernel.
Except the Band I can't imagine any reason 3 other Android, an I Phone and a Lumia can connect to this Network which is invisible for me ^^

The -10- can connect to 2,4 Ghz and 5 Ghz WiFi bands.
When you look for a WiFi connection you can't tell to which band you can connect.
It only shows you the SSID when allowed by the WiFi source or router.
Only after you are connected to a WiFi source you can see (in WiFi settings / more settings) to which band but not the channel. The channel is determined by the WiFi source (can be your router @home).
Why your -10- can't see that WiFi network you want to connect to it is possible that the SSID is hidden so it is invisible for you.

31st July 2016, 02:36 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snah001

The -10- can connect to 2,4 Ghz and 5 Ghz WiFi bands.
When you look for a WiFi connection you can't tell to which band you can connect.
It only shows you the SSID when allowed by the WiFi source or router.
Only after you are connected to a WiFi source you can see (in WiFi settings / more settings) to which band but not the channel. The channel is determined by the WiFi source (can be your router @home).
Why your -10- can't see that WiFi network you want to connect to it is possible that the SSID is hidden so it is invisible for you.

either the SSID is hidden or it uses a channel not supported by the HTC. 2.4ghz has band 1-12 in europe and world wide, us also has band 13 wich europe devices wont se
The Following User Says Thank You to jmkhenka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jmkhenka Ad-Free
31st July 2016, 05:20 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi @LlabTooFeR,
It might not be related, but just in-case -
I have installed your ROM after a clean wipe, and a couple of days later my screen got messed up.
I didn't drop it, I didn't get it wet and I only charged it with the included charger.
It looks like this: http://imgur.com/a/LlZWk
I knew the risks of installing a new ROM, however that never happened to me.
I like your ROM and since I couldn't really fix the issue by installing a different one, I'm back on it anyway.
Perhaps it's because I installed the Ex Kernel which is based on an older kernel than the one your ROM uses, or maybe because I used the PnP settings on your ROM.
Don't get me wrong though, I'm not blaming you, I am accountable for the issue, but I just wanted to let you know that it is a possibility that maybe it's related to the issue.
31st July 2016, 06:32 PM |#104  
Flag Malmoe
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Tried this a few days now, and I must say .. the battery time is atleast twice as good as 1.80, I lose like 3/4% over night and it runs perfect. I lost 4g connection at one time, but I can't say if it was the room or the provider. Thank you for this great rom.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA-Developers mobile app
31st July 2016, 08:17 PM |#105  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 460

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkbag

Hi @LlabTooFeR,
I have installed your ROM after a clean wipe, and a couple of days later my screen got messed up.
I didn't drop it, I didn't get it wet and I only charged it with the included charger.
I like your ROM and since I couldn't really fix the issue by installing a different one, I'm back on it anyway.
Perhaps it's because I installed the Ex Kernel which is based on an older kernel than the one your ROM uses, or maybe because I used the PnP settings on your ROM.
Don't get me wrong though, I'm not blaming you, I am accountable for the issue, but I just wanted to let you know that it is a possibility that maybe it's related to the issue.

This is a hardware issue bud. Nothing to do with Rom or EX. I'm using a 1.90 rom with EX without issue.
31st July 2016, 09:25 PM |#106  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkbag

Hi @LlabTooFeR,

Yeah, seems to me as hardware problem with bad connection of the display cord to the main board.
31st July 2016, 09:26 PM |#107  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypeg123

Tried this a few days now, and I must say .. the battery time is atleast twice as good as 1.80, I lose like 3/4% over night and it runs perfect. I lost 4g connection at one time, but I can't say if it was the room or the provider. Thank you for this great rom.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Great to hear
1st August 2016, 06:15 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 1,551

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkhenka

either the SSID is hidden or it uses a channel not supported by the HTC. 2.4ghz has band 1-12 in europe and world wide, us also has band 13 wich europe devices wont se

That's the issue.

HTC 10 1.80.709.1 Firmware

Some Samsung device.

So the WiFi Channels (not Band, Sorry) for America are set in the Firmware part, not in the ROM part?
1st August 2016, 09:02 AM |#109  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,609

More
To my knowledge: Yes
But when you are connecting to a router you could, after logging in to the router when possible, force the router to use another lower channel to overcome this problem.
Most routers have those possibilities in their WiFi setup.
2nd August 2016, 10:00 PM |#110  
Flag Buckley, WA
Thanks Meter: 109

Donate to Me
More
I accidentally flashed this rom without checking the change the 4G to LTE icon option.(all I see is 4G+ for LTE) Whats the easiest way to fix that without re-flashing? If possible I would love the T-mobile US icons, I searched on the web and I was not sure what needed changed. like is there a zip I could install to fix that?
3rd August 2016, 07:17 AM |#111  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooface

I accidentally flashed this rom without checking the change the 4G to LTE icon option.(all I see is 4G+ for LTE) Whats the easiest way to fix that without re-flashing? If possible I would love the T-mobile US icons, I searched on the web and I was not sure what needed changed. like is there a zip I could install to fix that?

Check this thread, easy to do without flashing anything.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2594804
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)