FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][SU.D SCRIPT] Use Decrypted device and have working mobile network

20,000 posts
Thanks Meter: 22,615

Post Reply Email Thread
UPDATE: Thanks to @squid2's insight, there's a better method that should work for everyone. Just download the attached script, remove the .txt extension, and drop into your su.d folder with proper permissions. For more information, see here and here.

------------------------------

This is all thanks to @nkk71, btw. Right now the fix is very hacky but I'm sure ROM devs will find a more appropriate fix soon.

I'm not sure if I want to reveal the fix publicly in case HTC's spies are monitoring the thread, lol....probably better safe than sorry. But go visit nkk71's profile and buy him many beers for figuring this out. And also find some posts by him and click "Thanks."

WARNING: Dragons ahead! Anything you flash to your device is done at your own risk!

EDIT: Alright, I'll publish a flashable zip here based on the 1.53.617.5 US Unlocked Edition. I've been testing the mod/hack for a few days now and have seen no ill effects. It should work fine on ROMs using that base.

I have NO IDEA if it'll work on ROMs using an International/Europe base or on CDMA. If you really want to try it, make sure you make a backup first! You will need to "Format Data" in TWRP and flash the standard SuperSU zip to remove forced encryption (or do it manually, if you know how).

Let the bricking begin!

P.S. Thanks of course also go to @Chainfire for SuperSU and su.d!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160604-155023.png
Views:	2358
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	3775805  
Attached Files
File Type: txt 000ril_fix.sh.txt - [Click for QR Code] (136 Bytes, 882 views)
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Captain_Throwback Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 01:19 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Just let the ROM cooks know =)
8th June 2016, 01:22 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag The Nothing

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse

Just let the ROM cooks know =)

They already do
8th June 2016, 01:28 AM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 7,597

Donate to Me
More
I don't really find it hacky, just another workaround

Unfortunately, due to personal reasons, I have personally decided not to share this.
(I know you above all others will understand)

It is not a secret, I have a certainly made it public (or so I thought) enough.

Unfortunately the controversy, I'm not willing to deal with... An innocent "share", turned ugly

I fully endorse this method, though I only had 7 mins of testing, before things got very ugly, a very very very very very very very very very very unfortunate incident.
So be it.

The method is still sound, and anybody who wishes to use it, I have neither any objections, just please test it.
Thanks
nkk71

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nkk71 Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 01:44 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag The Nothing

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

I don't really find it hacky, just another workaround

Unfortunately, due to personal reasons, I have personally decided not to share this.
(I know you above all others will understand)

It is not a secret, I have a certainly made it public (or so I thought) enough.

Unfortunately the controversy, I'm not willing to deal with... An innocent "share", turned ugly

I fully endorse this method, though I only had 7 mins of testing, before things got very ugly, a very very very very very very very very very very unfortunate incident.
So be it.

The method is still sound, and anybody who wishes to use it, I have neither any objections, just please test it.
Thanks
nkk71

You think I should post it? Or do you think HTC might find it and try and change their method?
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Captain_Throwback Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 01:54 AM |#6  
Flag Beirut

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

You think I should post it? Or do you think HTC might find it and try and change their method?

In my humble opinion, go for it

I doubt HTC will change the code, and it is a workaround

Unless something is being changed... Elsewhere (doubt it) , I Personally, have briefly tested and accept it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nkk71 Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 01:57 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag The Nothing

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

In my humble opinion, go for it

I doubt HTC will change the code, and it is a workaround

Unless something is being changed... Elsewhere (doubt it) , I Personally, have briefly tested and accept it

Done.

This should be fun, lol. Let the brickings begin!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Captain_Throwback Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 02:05 AM |#8  
Flag Beirut

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

Done.

This should be fun, lol. Let the brickings begin!

Well I did, trip verity,verified, and a few other things
Oh, wait, I was testing some thing els

The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nkk71 Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 05:21 AM |#9  
Recognized Developer
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 11,070

Donate to Me
More
Looking at the logic in the HTC RIL library, in Pythonic pseudocode, it goes something like this:
Code:
if property_get("ro.crypto.state") != "encrypted":
    if property_get("persist.radio.current.cnv", default="-1") == "-1":
        if htcril_db_property_get("current.cnv") != "-1":
            htcril_db_property_set("current.cnv", "-1")
Other libraries then query the htcril DB via the library, and behave differently if the current.cnv property is set in the DB. Based off this, I would guess that doing the following would have a similar effect without needing to hack the library:
Code:
setprop persist.radio.current.cnv 0
I haven't tried this, but I'm curious if restoring the stock libhtcril_db.so and setting this property would work.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to squid2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2016, 05:32 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag The Nothing

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squid2

Looking at the logic in the HTC RIL library, in Pythonic pseudocode, it goes something like this:

Other libraries then query the htcril DB via the library, and behave differently if the current.cnv property is set in the DB. Based off this, I would guess that doing the following would have a similar effect without needing to hack the library:

I haven't tried this, but I'm curious if restoring the stock libhtcril_db.so and setting this property would work.

Brilliant! That works! Much easier/cleaner solution than hacking the lib

EDIT: Posted script in the OP. Bedtime!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Captain_Throwback Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 06:11 AM |#11  
Flag Gatineau
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Can anyone remind me/us the pros and cons of decrypting?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)