FORUMS

[Guide] flash recovery without pc from stock un rooted.

445 posts
Thanks Meter: 330

Post Reply Email Thread
I know this is a bit late, but i needed it this afternoon and didn't have it, I am not good at guides but ill do my best, so here goes nothing.

use sunshine obviously! this will get you s-off and unlocked bootloader for any htc 10 version! (Google it if you dont know what it is!)

now that you have s-off how do you install a recovery and gain root...

boot to download mode

turn off your phone then hold volume down and power for a few seconds
once in download mode get your CID, MID, and system version and write them down somewhere, then reboot the phone to system

create a text file named "android-info.txt"
type the following into the txt file replacing the us unlocked oreo info with your own
Code:
modelid: 2PS650000
cidnum: BS_US001
mainver: 3.16.617.2
hbootpreupdate: 1
nohardreset: 1
save the file.

download the latest TWRP img and rename it to "recovery.img"

move recovery.img and android-info.txt to the same folder select them both and add them to a zip folder named "2PS6IMG.zip"

copy the zip you just created directly to the root of your sd card

boot back into download mode using the steps you followed earlier , you should be prompted to flash the zip you just made, flash it, if everything went well you should now have twrp recovery installed.

boot back up, download superSU, or other root apps or ROMS of your choice

boot into recovery, flash away... proffit!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to THC Butterz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift THC Butterz Ad-Free
27th October 2018, 05:27 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC Butterz

I know this is a bit late, but i needed it this afternoon and didn't have it, I am not good at guides but ill do my best, so here goes nothing.

use sunshine obviously! this will get you s-off and unlocked bootloader for any htc 10 version! (Google it if you dont know what it is!)

now that you have s-off how do you install a recovery and gain root...

boot to download mode

turn off your phone then hold volume down and power for a few seconds
once in download mode get your CID, MID, and system version and write them down somewhere, then reboot the phone to system

create a text file named "android-info.txt"
type the following into the txt file replacing the us unlocked oreo info with your own

save the file.

download the latest TWRP img and rename it to "recovery.img"

move recovery.img and android-info.txt to the same folder select them both and add them to a zip folder named "2PS6IMG.zip"

copy the zip you just created directly to the root of your sd card

boot back into download mode using the steps you followed earlier , you should be prompted to flash the zip you just made, flash it, if everything went well you should now have twrp recovery installed.

boot back up, download superSU, or other root apps or ROMS of your choice

boot into recovery, flash away... proffit!

Hey I had a question. Does it work if you have no root on nougat/oreo firmware? Because I heard you need root on nougat firmware for sunshine to work.
11th November 2018, 08:22 PM |#3  
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 469

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadsfi

Hey I had a question. Does it work if you have no root on nougat/oreo firmware? Because I heard you need root on nougat firmware for sunshine to work.

Anyone? Cant use sunchine cause is asking for root.Im on Nougat without root and im trying to unlock the bootloader but htcdev.com cant let me register and this mod dont work for me cause the root asking..
11th November 2018, 09:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek889

Anyone? Cant use sunchine cause is asking for root.Im on Nougat without root and im trying to unlock the bootloader but htcdev.com cant let me register and this mod dont work for me cause the root asking..

Sorry can't help much. I had bootloader unlocked already so I flashed MaximusHD with root and went S off through that. There are a couple of threads regarding downgrading firmware. Try going to MM firmware and go S Off from there. I think the method works on S on devices.
29th January 2019, 03:36 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Im on htc 10 ( an au converted) oreo with same CID, MID, and mainver
Downloaded a latest twrp img and zip them together in external, flash and stuck in "start ui_updating
29th January 2019, 04:07 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 14,670

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticnoize

Im on htc 10 ( an au converted) oreo with same CID, MID, and mainver
Downloaded a latest twrp img and zip them together in external, flash and stuck in "start ui_updating

https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...mpossible.html
The Following User Says Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andybones Ad-Free
29th January 2019, 04:35 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones

https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...mpossible.html

Amazingly, I was able to escape that situation with volume - and power button for about 10 second, and brought me back to download mode and reboot system from there, just sad that the twrp zip is not working coz'I have no source to type c usb cable data to do adb with pc
Thx alot dude
Btw the zip is not working on htc 10 oreo s-off stock recovery
1st September 2019, 04:20 PM |#8  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 93

More
It worked like a charm! Thank you. My USB not working for ADB and this save me from trowing my phone to the trash
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)