FORUMS

[GUIDE] Safely set your bootloader back to "LOCKED" from "UNLOCKED" or "RELOCKED"

6,332 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,901

By jcase, Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor on 26th May 2016, 04:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

*EDIT*
A percent of those that went S-OFF/LOCKED with SunShine 3.3.8 will have kernel flashing issues. We addressed this in 3.3.9 (released May 28th 2016 5PM PST).

Either go back s-on/unlocked and redo sunshine (may throw an error, if it does lmk and i can fix on server) or go s-off unlocked. This was one of those errors that only occurs on other people's phones, so it was a PITA to track down.
*EDIT*

HTC has made some changes into how the lock status are handled. The old methods are no longer safe, and can/will revert on you, or damage your device.

To deal with this we added a feature to SunShine to allow you to pick your bootloader status.

On the HTC 10 S-OFF LOCKED will behave the same as S-OFF UNLOCKED in addition to having all the S-OFF perks.

To get back LOCKED, make sure your phone is UNLOCKED and S-ON. Run SunShine, pick the "S-OFF LOCKED" Status, and let it complete.

At this point, if you want to go s-on, then you can flash your stock RUU and run "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" in download mode.

We currently recommend the S-OFF LOCKED status, as S-OFF will force the device to behave unlocked anyways.

The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2016, 06:20 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
If I debranded from tmobile germany to wwe (....401..), did I have to go back to tmob or is it ok to set it s-on in wwe?

that I can go back to s-off with my license, I know
26th May 2016, 06:35 AM |#3  
Flag MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Thanks Meter: 3,465

Donate to Me
More
Does this work if one's already S-OFF/Unlocked?

First step would then be to set the secure flag to S-ON and run SunShine again, as I'd assume!? Am I right?

Thanks for taking your time and for your hard work on this great app.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA Labs
26th May 2016, 08:14 AM |#4  
Flag Cleveland Ohio USA
Thanks Meter: 535

More
@jcase with S-off & locked option, will I still have to format data in TWRP after I s-off like with previous version?
26th May 2016, 09:41 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Damn, I just bought a license and set S-Off with version 3.3.6 8 hours ago
26th May 2016, 10:41 AM |#6  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 4,759

More
Awesome, just what I've been waiting for on my 10!

Sent from my 2PS64 using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Riff76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Riff76 Ad-Free
26th May 2016, 11:07 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 818

More
Nice, for If and when I decide to go unlocked.
26th May 2016, 12:56 PM |#8  
Flag I forgot
Thanks Meter: 204

More
What would we do without some sunshine in our life? Thanks guys, sooo glad you are around. It's worth every penny and more. Thank you !
The Following User Says Thank You to darkenedpath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darkenedpath Ad-Free
26th May 2016, 01:32 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I have a German t-mob101. Is it currently possible to go s-off debranded and then back to s-on locked t-mob101? Considering that there is no RUU for it, I would only have a nandroid backup.
26th May 2016, 02:11 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
So when we have already "SunShined" the 10 to S-Off and unlocked we should simply lock the Bootloader with fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 and let SunShine do its job again?
The Following User Says Thank You to bmwbasti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bmwbasti Ad-Free
26th May 2016, 02:22 PM |#11  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 15,901

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiQbold

If I debranded from tmobile germany to wwe (....401..), did I have to go back to tmob or is it ok to set it s-on in wwe?

that I can go back to s-off with my license, I know

Long as you are stock, it shouldnt matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCNerdYoda

Does this work if one's already S-OFF/Unlocked?

First step would then be to set the secure flag to S-ON and run SunShine again, as I'd assume!? Am I right?

Thanks for taking your time and for your hard work on this great app.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA Labs

You have to go s-on before doing this. If you have no reason to go LOCKED, no reason to go through the hassle until you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh1978

@jcase with S-off & locked option, will I still have to format data in TWRP after I s-off like with previous version?

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbasti

Damn, I just bought a license and set S-Off with version 3.3.6 8 hours ago

Doesnt matter, if you need LOCKED in the future, go s-on, and re-run sunshine, but wait until you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amq

I have a German t-mob101. Is it currently possible to go s-off debranded and then back to s-on locked t-mob101? Considering that there is no RUU for it, I would only have a nandroid backup.

Yes, go stock first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbasti

So when we have already "SunShined" the 10 to S-Off and unlocked we should simply lock the Bootloader with fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 and let SunShine do its job again?

Yes but dont bother unless you need LOCKED, no point in going through the hassle at this point.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)