FORUMS

How to ROLLBACK from OREO to MARSHMALLOW S-ON

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By vladmitra, Member on 7th May 2018, 08:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been trying for days now to rollback but, finally, I found a solution (also posted on youtube with little adjustments):
- Download HTC_Version_Tool;
- Boot to TWRP Recovery;
- Download a stock Firmware (search on XDA) with android 6.0 (M60_Sense80);
- Change your OS version to the one that you're trying to rollback (for example from 3.16.401.2 to 1.30.401.1) using HTC version tool;
- Extract zip_0.zip from the Firmware zip (the firmware zip should look like this: "2PS6IMG_PERFUME_UHL_M60_SENSE80GP_HTC_Europe_1.30 [email protected]_41.13_F_release_4 78442_combined_signed_2_4");
- Inside that zip, you will find an image called "hosd_signed.img" or "hosd_signedEU.img";
- Before flashing hosd image in bootloader, first flash the zip firmware in RUU mode (fastboot oem rebootRUU), you will get an error, don't panic;
- After the failed flash attempt, do fastboot reboot-bootloader, flash hosd image by fastboot flash hosd hosd_signed.img, reboot back to RUU mode and flash again the zip and VOILA!

The little adjustment I was talking about was that I couldn't flash 1.30.401.1 with its own hosd image, so instead I used the 1.21.401.4 hosd image. If upper instructions won't help you, do as I did.

I might help you occurring difficulties, if my time allows me.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to vladmitra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vladmitra Ad-Free
7th May 2018, 11:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180508-000452.png
Views:	1556
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	4495521

First of all, thank you !

I spent all day trying to downgrade from oreo to nougat and you came to the rescue.

I didnt exactly follow your steps but the hosd part was what made it all work for me.

So make it clear and for anyone who's finding a difficulty in downgrading here are my steps:

Prerequisites:

-HTC Drivers
-Adb Drivers
-HTC Version Tool
-Unlocked phone with stock Oreo installed,twrp and unlocked bootloader
-Firmware zip (I got mine from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc...mware-t3387520 , download a full stock zip that corresponds to the SKU version you have and want to flash) > For example, my phone is PME UHL International 3.16.401.2 Oreo so I chose PME UHL International 2.41.401.3 Nougat.
-Stock Nougat RUU zip for your device. You need to search around for this one because there arent many sources for Nougat zips but mine was from here
-SD Card

Steps:

1. Boot into TWRP then connect your phone to your pc then open adb terminal and run HTC Version Tool then change to the version of the RUU youre going to flash.

2.Reboot into download mode then run
Code:
fastboot getvar all
make sure that the (version-main) is the one you changed. Then lock your bootloader with
fastboot oem lock
(This is to be able to flash the RUU)

3.Next, you have to flash the firmware zip so run
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
Code:
fastboot flash zip YOUR_FIRMWARE.zip
(If it gives error that's ok)

4.Open firmware zip then extract hosd_signed.img to adb directory then run
Code:
fastboot reboot-bootloader
Code:
fastboot flash hosd YOUR_HOSD.img
5.Reboot to RUUmode then flash firmware zip again

6.You need to put the RUU.zip you have in the sd card then rename it to "2PS6IMG.zip" ( Make sure its not 2PS6IMG.zip.zip) then reboot to download mode and choose to flash it (Vol up)

7.That should be it. If you boot into system and find youre stuck on HTC logo but somehow volume controls and power menu work then reboot to recovery and do a format then boot back into system then hold (Vol up + vol down+ power) for around 5 seconds until the setup screen displays. I don't know why this happens but it just does.

8.To restore IMEI and signal unlock bootloader,flash twrp then from recovery :
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabpprook

[SIZE="3"]I found a post explain how to get IMEI back.
original post: http://bbs.gfan.com/android-9272781-1-1.html

Two methods for S-ON or S-OFF device, please do it under Nougat 7.0 firmware installed.

S-ON
1. Reboot to TWRP recovery
2. Use the command below to erase persist partition

Code:
adb shell
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist

Note: If you soft-brick your phone and lose recovery, system, bootloader unlock, then flash the same RUU zip as your version and android from external sd card through download mode. (It happened to me :/ )

I hope this helps you guys out. If I missed any step or something isnt well explained, please tell me.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to zr_hazem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zr_hazem Ad-Free
8th May 2018, 04:02 PM |#3  
Flag Kaohsiung
Thanks Meter: 365

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr_hazem

2.Reboot into download mode then run

Code:
fastboot getvar all
make sure that the (version-main) is the one you changed. Then lock your bootloader with
Code:
fastboot oem lock
(This is to be able to flash the RUU)

Do not relock bootloader, leave bootloader unlocked still have ability to flash RUU
The Following User Says Thank You to sabpprook For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sabpprook Ad-Free
8th May 2018, 04:47 PM |#4  

More
Quote:

2.Reboot into download mode then run make sure that the (version-main) is the one you changed. Then lock your bootloader with

Do not relock bootloader, leave bootloader unlocked still have ability to flash RUU

Hm. Are you sure about that? Because whenever i tried to flash anything it gave me an errror so I searched it up and read that bootloader needs to be relocked (at least when flash stock RUUs).
8th May 2018, 05:10 PM |#5  
Flag Kaohsiung
Thanks Meter: 365

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr_hazem

Hm. Are you sure about that? Because whenever i tried to flash anything it gave me an errror so I searched it up and read that bootloader needs to be relocked (at least when flash stock RUUs).

The information is out date, HTC with download mode devices can flash RUU even bootloader is unlocked.
The Following User Says Thank You to sabpprook For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sabpprook Ad-Free
8th May 2018, 10:52 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

The information is out date, HTC with download mode devices can flash RUU even bootloader is unlocked.

That's odd. Alright, anyway I crossed it out but kept it in the post just in case because those exact steps worked fine for me.

Thanks for your input!
16th May 2018, 09:19 PM |#7  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 93

More
What is and where I can get the HTC Version Tool?
16th May 2018, 09:22 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Im currently on LOS 15.1 but i Want to downgrade.
Installed the Simple CID Getter and it shows T-MOB101 TDM
How to start? Or how i can downgrade?
17th May 2018, 11:44 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSix01

Im currently on LOS 15.1 but i Want to downgrade.
Installed the Simple CID Getter and it shows T-MOB101 TDM
How to start? Or how i can downgrade?

Follow my guide 2nd post in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X46X

What is and where I can get the HTC Version Tool?

It's a tool that just changes your firmware version so you can downgrade. You can get it here
17th May 2018, 06:56 PM |#10  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 93

More
I have flashed HOSD but still getting error when I trying to flash Nougat firmware. I'm S-on. Can anyone help? I think I need a signed firmware but I can't find it. Mine is from Sneakyghost thread (PMEUHL_2.41.401.41_FullStock.zip) md5 matched..

Code:
C:\Android\com>fastboot flash zip firmware_n.zip
target reported max download size of 1578400000 bytes
sending 'zip' (107187 KB)...
OKAY [  5.131s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) HOSD CL#857212
(bootloader) GPT (gpt_main_32g.img) is up-to-dated. [17408]
(bootloader) Perform pre-update
(bootloader) WARN Skip partition_info due to unmatched partition name
(bootloader) get 36 images from zip(zip_type=3)
(bootloader) ERR ZIP signature checking failed...
(bootloader) ERR [SD_UPDATE_ERR] Not allow flash image except boot/recov
(bootloader) ery/system
(bootloader) ERR [SD_UPDATE_ERR] update_fb_ZIP_buf: fail to flash zip: 1
(bootloader) ERR [SD_UPDATE_ERR] sddownload failed: 14
(bootloader) ERR Update zip file failed.
(bootloader) Update zip file OK
(bootloader) ERR ZIP ERROR CODE, 14
(bootloader) [email protected]
FAILED (remote: 14 RU_ZIP_INFO_ERROR android-info missing or malformed )
finished. total time: 8.697s
18th May 2018, 09:41 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by X46X

I have flashed HOSD but still getting error when I trying to flash Nougat firmware. I'm S-on. Can anyone help? I think I need a signed firmware but I can't find it. Mine is from Sneakyghost thread (PMEUHL_2.41.401.41_FullStock.zip) md5 matched..

are you sure you downloaded the right firmware for your device
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)