FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC 10 updates thread

147 posts
Thanks Meter: 39
 
By emmawilliam834, Senior Member on 10th May 2016, 02:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th January 2017, 02:17 PM |#1791  
Electronic Punk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 1,402
 
More
Or Apple or LG or Samsung or Sony or Oneplus or...
The Following User Says Thank You to Electronic Punk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Electronic Punk Ad-Free
 
 
4th January 2017, 02:34 PM |#1792  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Let's look at this objectively. Are your phones not working fine because N isn't here yet?
I am using the 10 on MM and it works as fine as the day it came out of the box, so I have no complains.

We all know it will come. We also know they kind of over promise and under deliver on the dates. So let's all just not care, and get pleasantly surprised one fine morning when we receive the OTA notifications yeah?
The Following User Says Thank You to ben_htc10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ben_htc10 Ad-Free
4th January 2017, 02:45 PM |#1793  
revealed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Augsburg
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
It is an objective expectation about the informations that we receive from commercials. So this phone was pronounced in that view to us but does not receive the updates as expected.

To me it is like i was not treated as equal customer. A bit ---But i think i can wait a while, still. It would change things if the update was not pronounced to roll out to EU by media while it does not.

It is medias fault? And it is fault of lack on information on correct roll out procedures.

Thank you.

To give you a clearer view: (Use google as german):

Hoax!

Hoax!

Hoax!


And the next 10 and 20 sites also! This is the Problem.
4th January 2017, 02:48 PM |#1794  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by revealed

It is an objective expectation about the informations that we receive from commercials. So this phone was pronounced in that view to us but does not receive the updates as expected.

To me it is like i was not treated as equal customer. A bit ---But i think i can wait a while, still. It would change things if the update was not pronounced to roll out to EU by media while it does not.

It is medias fault? And it is fault of lack on information on correct roll out procedures.

Thank you.

Hahaha that makes me the worse person in terms of updates! I am based in Singapore, using a TW set.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ben_htc10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ben_htc10 Ad-Free
4th January 2017, 02:56 PM |#1795  
Senior Member
Flag Ontario, California
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Just got the update to 7.0
HTC 10 locked, tmobile USA southern California.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170104-065458.png
Views:	700
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	3990337  
4th January 2017, 02:59 PM |#1796  
revealed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Augsburg
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_htc10

Hahaha that makes me the worse person in terms of updates! I am based in Singapore, using a TW set.

No, you are not. And should not be treated as. This is the point.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to revealed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift revealed Ad-Free
4th January 2017, 03:00 PM |#1797  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_htc10

Let's look at this objectively. Are your phones not working fine because N isn't here yet?
I am using the 10 on MM and it works as fine as the day it came out of the box, so I have no complains.

We all know it will come. We also know they kind of over promise and under deliver on the dates. So let's all just not care, and get pleasantly surprised one fine morning when we receive the OTA notifications yeah?

It's not that. It is working fine more or less but the point I'd that it is reasonable to expect timely updates on a device you pay $700 for (I paid that amount as there were no discounts at the time I bought). Also they said HTC 10 will receive nougat by the end of the year. I wouldn't be annoyed if they had advertised the phone as "buy this phone and don't expect any updates at all." I wouldn't have minded then but being lied to and being mislead annoys me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jhadsfi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jhadsfi Ad-Free
4th January 2017, 03:02 PM |#1798  
redcom7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Αθηνα
Thanks Meter: 121
 
More
And also for me... Nougat was the main reason that I switched to HTC10 from Samsung s7...

But all this seems like a joke to me...

Στάλθηκε από το HTC 10 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
4th January 2017, 03:03 PM |#1799  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadsfi

It's not that. It is working fine more or less but the point I'd that it is reasonable to expect timely updates on a device you pay $700 for (I paid that amount as there were no discounts at the time I bought). Also they said HTC 10 will receive nougat by the end of the year. I wouldn't be annoyed if they had advertised the phone as "buy this phone and don't expect any updates at all." I wouldn't have minded then but being lied to and being mislead annoys me.

Maybe, just maybe something happened between Google and HTC, and they are in the process of sorting it out? Because I saw from another post somewhere, the samsung's are also testing out and investigating certain issues with regards to the update. Can't find the source my apologies but yeah...
4th January 2017, 03:10 PM |#1800  
jhakjhuk1853's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 180
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_htc10

Hahaha that makes me the worse person in terms of updates! I am based in Singapore, using a TW set.

Same here
Using tw cid 621 set in india
No updates
Though I am using viper rom
Please pm me also when you get update
I Will restore to stock and install viper
4th January 2017, 03:10 PM |#1801  
revealed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Augsburg
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Btw. was it mentioned already that we received "HTC Kritzeln" (Scribble) app via playstore with the hint that it now supports nougat, while still on marshmellow.

Quote:

- Jetzt kompatibel mit Android 7.0 Nougat

- Now compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes