HTC 10 updates thread

Search This thread

fossils-n-dents

Dude, you had the screen on for less than 30 seconds in almost 14 hours... that's not a battery saving "mod" but an epic non-sens... To compare a similar scenario - my non-rooted phone with everything the phone packs running (wifi, cellular 4G+, GPS, numerous accounts syncing, bluetooth, NFC) drains 2% overnight - that is 2% in about 8 hours = 0,25% per hour...

Dude, no 'Mods', no Xposed, no Amplify, ect.

Yes, 'Screen On' time was less than 30 seconds, as I was displaying what happens when I put my device down at work. It's in Doze mode...dude. Many others on XDA devices do not drain at your low rate while sleeping, be it stock or root. My point was you have to make your device work for you.

I would love to see your data of your device idling (Sleeping, Dozing) at 0. 2% /h with Wi-Fi, Data, Location, Bluetooth, ect, enabled, running as stock. Maybe I can learn something. Post your Better Battery Stats dump file on this thread running your device for....8 hours minimum. Without empirical evidence, you're just typing words. Prove it...Dude.

Reactions: xunholyx

Cozmos23

Jan 16, 2014
LG G8
The Problem is not Standby anymore.
Even on Stock ROM you can get pretty decent Standby time (And i say decent as some other phones manage 0% loss with Wifi On over 8h night period).

The thing is as soon as you start using your phone, especially traveling around and switching a lot of networks the battery is just going down down down.

Cannot confirm that. Im on the first nougat rom from february and had zero problems in the holidays. Was travelling with the bike through different countrys and battery life was good. Used music the whole time via bluetooth and frequently navigation and if available internet.
Battery always lastet for a full day with 30% left in the evening. I would call that awesome :)
Poor signal especially on 3G drains the battery but thats nothing new. Always has been this way as far as I remember.

Last edited:

Dr. lele

Nov 4, 2010
Moto G
Xiaomi Poco F1
Used music the whole time via bluetooth and frequently navigation and if available internet.
Battery always lastet for a full day with 30% left in the evening. I would call that awesome :)

Are you disabling everything if you're not using it? Especially when navigating with GPS the phone barely lasts 2.5 hrs on medium brightness. Two to three hours of usage is not an all-day device for me.

When commuting in 3g/4g areas with spotty coverage I've seen usage up to 15%/h usage with the screen of.

A bit OT, but I feel a need to answer to stuff like this.

Cozmos23

Jan 16, 2014
LG G8
SoT was around 1h. I use Navigation only with headset and Maps tells me the turns :D
Spotify is running in the background and thats it.

But never had or I better say I never noticed a big battery drain due to low signal.

But my stock rom is basically no stock anymore. I freezed around 50% of the installed apps and using Afwall+ and Adaway. Tasker for wifi automation and playservices on tranquilizers.

matekaneve

First time I see this.. At least give us security updates....

The power of 10
The EU got the nougat update back in February this year. The next update came in August. The US keep getting security updates the EU and other countries are left out. If you want regular updates, convert your phone to the US unlocked one.

Pantumaca

Sep 26, 2016
The EU got the nougat update back in February this year. The next update came in August. The US keep getting security updates the EU and other countries are left out. If you want regular updates, convert your phone to the US unlocked one.

And loose warranty? No, thanks. In Europe we have two years and is an expensive device... Too risky.

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
And loose warranty? No, thanks. In Europe we have two years and is an expensive device... Too risky.

You wouldn't lose warranty.
You'd need s-off to do it, and with s-off you can get everything you can get with a locked bootloader as you can with an unlocked one.
Plus without s-off, you can only get "relocked" status with fastboot oem lock and not "locked". You need s-off for that.

Reactions: matekaneve

Pantumaca

Sep 26, 2016
You wouldn't lose warranty.
You'd need s-off to do it, and with s-off you can get everything you can get with a locked bootloader as you can with an unlocked one.
Plus without s-off, you can only get "relocked" status with fastboot oem lock and not "locked". You need s-off for that.

Unlocking bootloader through HTC dev means to lose the warranty (in Europe), in USA can do that without problems.

They can download and flash ruu from HTC official web and the rest of the world cannot do that. Also, they have a special warranty against damages on the screen.

In USA are treated in a very different way, a much better one.

jhadsfi

Jul 30, 2016
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Unlocking bootloader through HTC dev means to lose the warranty (in Europe), in USA can do that without problems.

They can download and flash ruu from HTC official web and the rest of the world cannot do that. Also, they have a special warranty against damages on the screen.

It doesn't matter what HTC says. EU law says that bootloader unlocking cannot be used to void warranty if it's unrelated to the problem at hand. HTC just says that so people think they can't claim warranty and don't raise a claim with HTC.

matekaneve

First of all, unlocking your bootloader doesn't void your warranty. I had 2 htc devices in the past that had to be sent back for a repair and I sent it with unlocked bootloader. No issues there! The other thing as @xunholyx said to convert your phone you need S-OFF. That can be done through the Sunshine application that cost $25. By using that you wouldn't need to use the htcdev website, the app will do everything for you! Once your device is set to S-OFF you can do whatever you want with your phone. Even go back to 100% stock, just as it was when you got it from the shop. :good: But it's already off topic here so sorry for that! :angel: :) :eek:

phoneXx

May 30, 2008
It doesn't matter what HTC says. EU law says that bootloader unlocking cannot be used to void warranty if it's unrelated to the problem at hand. HTC just says that so people think they can't claim warranty and don't raise a claim with HTC.
this is correct. had never problems with warranty and bootloader unlock.

Gesendet von meinem HTC 10 mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that I have everyones attention...

This thread has turned into a cesspool of nonsense, I own this device and it's getting old having to sift through 80 pages of BS to find what I'm looking for.

This IS the Update thread.. Please stay on topic only make posts relevant to updates.
    This IS NOT the complaint thread...please take those post elsewhere...maybe someone can open a Complaint thread in the General section.
    This IS NOT a Q&A/Help me thread, there is a whole Q&A section for those posts. Also there is an n00b Friendly Ask any question thread for those posts.
    This IS NOT an Off Topic thread, please take those posts elsewhere.

To be respectful to everyone please stay on topic.

From this post on, anything not update related will be removed.

Another option would be to leave this thread for the nonsense and have a new pristine Update thread opened...if we go this route I would like to ask @Kisakuku to undertake this as he/she is on top of all the update that come out almost immediately.

Thanks for understanding and carry on,
    Sloth
    Don't read it then. It's not bothering anyone is it.

Firstly, you're trolling... so your post does not belong here.
    Never getting a HTC ....

Secondly, unless earbuds have started getting OTA updates...your post does not belong here.

Thirdly, not only am I a Moderator but I am a owner/user of the HTC 10 and I know I can't be the only one that's tired of reading through 80 pages of BS just like the stuff you posted, to find something relevant.

Fourthly if you don't have anything relevant to this thread to contribute please move along.
    HTC US Unlocked Oreo RUU 3.16.617.2_R3

U.S. Unlocked HTC 10 Oreo
    3.16.617.2_R3

This is Full signed/Encrypted RUU Zip for 3.16.617.2 Revision 3

Download:
    2PS6IMG_PERFUME_WL_O80_SENSE90GP_VZW_MR_NA_Gen_Unlock_3.16.617.2_R3_Radio_1.0.C010022@60322_CNV_0.77_002_release_520336_combined_signed_2.zip

ENJOY!
    :good:

Lets not discuss the importance of updates here. People who spend over 500€/500$ should not be worried about getting the most essential support by their manufacturer - security patches. Not receiving any updates for over 6 months is just not understandable, when the US customers are receiving them - period! No problem when HTC communicates such problems with their paying customers. But just leaving them with chat-bot answers is not enough. I paid hundreds of € to be in the circle of top tier customers and not to feel like I bought a phone from a noname manufacturer from China.
    And one more question: those people who updated to official oreo have the same fused and production flags. Anyone knows something about that?

This keeps being asked, so I will go ahead and post here more information then you probably want. :p

Fused is simply the new emulated storage handler, instead of Vold/Vfat/Fat32
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su
    Code:
    df
    As you'll see, Disk Free reveals this "new" entry: (available space will vary per device obviously)

/dev/fuse 192205824 29026176 163179648 16% /storage/0E14-125B

Google decided to use FUSE as a frontend to actual data stored on the non-volatile memory. (initially introduced in Android 4.4/AOSP)
    This kind of partition was needed because of compatibility reasons.
    The applications can store data no matter if it's internal or external flash.
    In case of storing data on external SD cards, system has to deal usually with FAT32 filesystem. FAT32 is quite different than EXT4 used by Android internally.
    For instance, it's not case sensitive and doesn't handle discretionary access control.
    Because of adding more Android specific permissions, Google decided to use FUSE to emulate FAT32.
    FUSE support is enabled in the kernel. Complementarily, there is a userspace daemon called "sdcard".
    On boot, the sdcard daemon mounts a /dev/fuse device to the emulated directory.
    After that, it polls the FUSE device waiting for messages from the kernel.

There is actually a lot happening with this emulation.
    This is because each file operation will now work in a following way:
    • Userspace application issues a system call that will be handled by the FUSE driver in kernel
    • FUSE driver in the kernel notifies the userspace daemon (sdcard) about the new request
    • Userspace daemon reads /dev/fuse
    • Userspace daemon parses command and recognizes file operation (ex. open)
    • Userspace daemon issues system call to the actual filesystem (EXT4)
    • Kernel handles physical data access and sends data back to the userspace
    • Userspace modifies (or not) data and passes it through /dev/fuse to kernel again
    • Kernel completes original system call and moves data to the actual userspace application

So, now seeing Fused in bootloader is completely normal for Oreo on the HTC 10.
    Hope that helps clear that up some. :good: