21st December 2017, 06:11 PM |#4041  
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 11,909

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devsk

Why is that? Its related to HTC 10's Oreo update. I said I have both devices, where Oreo is native and one where Oreo is going to be non-native, and I can make comparison of partition tables when 10 gets the update. I was offering help on Oreo update on 10. What's wrong with that?

Also, you were deleting my posts without telling me or explaining why you were deleting it. And I was wondering my browser is playing tricks on me. What happened to basic courtesy man! I have been here at XDA for close to a decade and I know the basic rules and have been nothing but nice to folks. And now you are screaming at me!!

This will help explain...
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=4029

Quote:

And now you are screaming at me!!

lol I wasn't screaming.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sloth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sloth Ad-Free
10th January 2018, 08:04 PM |#4042  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Here an update about HTC U11/10 from HTC Update in coming after HTC U11, just for share >.>
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to prendomiao For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prendomiao Ad-Free
11th January 2018, 10:47 PM |#4043  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
RUU now available for Unlocked devices:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2018/01...e-via-ota-ruu/
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to knochnkopf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knochnkopf Ad-Free
12th January 2018, 03:00 AM |#4044  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 5,018

Donate to Me
More
Wow, 3 different PCs, 2 different OEM HTC 10 cables, three different revisions of Windows 10 + one fresh install of Windows 7 SP1, no luck with the RUU. I had even tried Windows 7 compatibility mode on all of the Windows 10s. One Windows 10 installation hadn't been used or turned on for the last year and a half, and was a very new Windows 10 installation at the time, the other, my main PC, I have it deferring updates for several months so it's behind a little, and the third was a brand new and completely up to date installation of Windows 10.

I had tried the latest HTC Sync to get the latest HTC drivers and HTC adb/fastboot (which are a couple of months old), I downloaded the RUU exe twice and the hash came out the same both times. I tried the latest @nkk71's 's HTC_RUU_Decrypt_Tool and it appeared to make a 2PS6IMG.zip correctly, but it ran into an error right away trying to flash from my MicroSD card that I have no problem flashing the 7.0 and 6.0 2PS6IMG.zip's from.

I was able to use the last Nougat RUU as 2PS6IMG.zip just fine right now, and no OTA showing up just yet.

I'll update the 7 installation with all the updates and see what that gets me tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1302
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	4386666  
12th January 2018, 03:35 AM |#4045  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 320

More
Pull the ROM.zip from the RUU using Temp dir method.
Run THAT through the RUU decrypter, specifically get the firmware files with -f flag.
Zip up the firmware files and flash em through fastboot. ***Warning, you break your phone, don't blame me.***

Run the RUU on your phone after the firmware is flashed and voila
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munkyvirus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift munkyvirus Ad-Free
12th January 2018, 03:36 AM |#4046  
Thanks Meter: 1,562

More
So i wonder when the Taiwan and Europe version will get the Update... 2 weeks? 4 weeks? 8 weeks?
12th January 2018, 03:56 AM |#4047  
Flag Minnesota

More
New wallpaper is nice. Still setting up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180111-215226.jpg
Views:	1986
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	4386679   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180111-215248.png
Views:	1958
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	4386680  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to munkyvirus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift munkyvirus Ad-Free
12th January 2018, 04:01 AM |#4048  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkyvirus

Run THAT through the RUU decrypter, specifically get the firmware files with -f flag.
Zip up the firmware files and flash em through fastboot. ***Warning, you break your phone, don't blame me.***

I forgot, do you need to be S-off to update the firmware?
12th January 2018, 04:05 AM |#4049  
Flag Minnesota

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by st40611

I forgot, do you need to be S-off to update the firmware?

I think yes, as your homemade zip wont have the HTC signature.
12th January 2018, 04:19 AM |#4050  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
@munkyvirus: Could you can share a firmware file flash through fastboot before running RUU .Exe file
12th January 2018, 04:42 AM |#4051  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkyvirus

Greate! You made my day
Quote:
Originally Posted by linhtonthat

@munkyvirus: Could you can share a firmware file flash through fastboot before running RUU .Exe file

Here you are: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X2Q...ew?usp=sharing
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to quantan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift quantan Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)