Ergonomics (in-hand feel)

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Please, no "that's what she said" jokes. Rate this thread to express how you think the HTC 10 feels in-hand. A higher rating indicates that it's comfortable to hold for long periods of time, even in one hand. Resist the urge to say "TWSS" just now. Seriously.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Alpert3

May 18, 2015
Paris
Switched from M8 then A9, now 10. M8 is too slippery, A9 has the best feel in hand, light-weighted, round corners, feels good. 10's big chamfer does help, but I still prefer A9's in-hand feel.

pupochek

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
Looks like they fired all ergonomics/user interface designers. Placement of Power button next to volume buttons is atrocious. Placement of the headphone jack is terrible.

SteveO2013

Jan 10, 2014
I came from iPhone 6 which was disaster to hold in hands without TPU case, HTC 10 worse because it is bigger and from the same material, I must carry it like an egg until my TPU case finally arrives. It slips from dry hands or pocket like it is nothing. I cannot get used to even take it out on the asphalt because I just wait for it to slip from hands. I dont get all that hype with aluminium housing, Sony and also HTC have had great plastic housings, stupid Apple gave them stupid ideas.

Reactions: PekkaH

sjpritch25

Jan 30, 2011
St. Petersburg
My only grape is the headphone jack being on top. Previously, I had the M8 and it was very slippery. I don't find that issue with the 10 and i like the weight of the phone.

chrisz5z

Sep 16, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
To me my M8 is much easier to secure in-hand than my 10. Even though the M8 is only slightly curved it conforms to your hand better. I really like the ridged power button on the 10. It helps identify itself, and i use it to help stabilize my grip

mattmati

Jun 20, 2016
Is a bit slippery. First time having alu phone, and wont buy them anymore, these premium materials are totaly useless on daily 'driving' , need to be careful like with egg. After 2weeks bought Spiegen cover, feels confident with phone now.

svenkerst

Mar 12, 2017
Sony Xperia 5 II
For me the weight, and shape is perfect. It's easy to pick it up from a flat surface, as opposed to for example the S7. The aluminium is slippery, but I use a case anyway.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hard to tell which way is up until you can feel the buttons on the right.
    I came from iPhone 6 which was disaster to hold in hands without TPU case, HTC 10 worse because it is bigger and from the same material, I must carry it like an egg until my TPU case finally arrives. It slips from dry hands or pocket like it is nothing. I cannot get used to even take it out on the asphalt because I just wait for it to slip from hands. I dont get all that hype with aluminium housing, Sony and also HTC have had great plastic housings, stupid Apple gave them stupid ideas.