[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies / Releases [EOL]

2,474 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,419

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Mustaavalkosta: End-of-Life
5th April 2015, 01:02 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
As always, many thanks to Mustavaalkosta and all others devs involved in this project!
You keep this nice device alive!
Can't wait to try... See you soon for the feedback. Thank you again!

5th April 2015, 07:15 AM |#12  
Flag Bogaduck Flats
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascuals

after installing the ROM I have a message saying I have not enough space on the system (should get at least 250 mb free)
However I have been able to flash the Gapps smoothly
After flashing Gapps, the message persists and I can not install anything (neither from the playstore or from an apk)

On the other hand, everything seems to work (wifi,sound,camera,...)

Same here on an Inspire 4G. Very slow install, even considering ART. Reboots take about 5 minutes.
NanoWeber
6th April 2015, 08:08 AM |#13  
Flag Bogaduck Flats

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonoWeber

Same here on an Inspire 4G. Very slow install, even considering ART. Reboots take about 5 minutes.
NanoWeber

I think the problem is with my Inspire 4g and not the ROM. While trying Advanced wipe, I get:
E:Block device not present, cannot wipe SD-ext.
E:Unable to wipe /sd-ext.

I've made a pigs ear of the install somewhere along the line. Yawn.
NanoWeber
6th April 2015, 08:37 AM |#14  
Flag Akola
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thumbs up how to update from cm12 to cm12.1
dear bro
i download 5th April nightly,
shall i use update from ota? or
start in recovery flash as u said n install ROM and Gapps? plz specify which gapps is support this rom cm12.1 bcoz there is list of gapps over there.
plz guide
6th April 2015, 10:05 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aasifnasim

dear bro
start in recovery flash as u said n install ROM and Gapps? plz specify which gapps is support this rom cm12.1 bcoz there is list of gapps over there.
plz guide

Android 5.1 Gapps:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934550505
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Der Gerät For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Der Gerät Ad-Free
6th April 2015, 12:45 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 647

More
H
Quote:
Originally Posted by aasifnasim

dear bro
plz guide

Full wipe every flash, don't update. This is an early beta release and there are likely to be big changes which might break things under the hood.

I think a lot of users are starting to get confused between the CM12 and CM12.1 releases.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rjand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rjand Ad-Free
7th April 2015, 07:01 AM |#17  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hello

indeed I am confused too. Is the 12 nightlies project abandoned/replaced by 12.1 ?

I am using a CyanogenMod 12 Nightlies rom . Anyone can explain me what's better in CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies ?
As I can see the Kernel is the same , what's new in 12.1 compared with 12 ? Any valid reason to move from 12 to 12.1 ?

Thank you!

aand ...BTW THANKS for the continuos work to leave alive HTC Desire HD !!!
7th April 2015, 09:06 AM |#18  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonoWeber

I think the problem is with my Inspire 4g and not the ROM. While trying Advanced wipe, I get:
E:Block device not present, cannot wipe SD-ext.
E:Unable to wipe /sd-ext.

sd-ext is not present unless you've partitioned sdcard, so don't worry if you get only that error message
7th April 2015, 09:40 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä
Thanks Meter: 9,419

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graziano68

Is the 12 nightlies project abandoned/replaced by 12.1 ?

Well, probably not abandoned but focus will shift to 12.1. I haven't made any decisions yet but it's likely 12 will move to weekly schedule or something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graziano68

I am using a CyanogenMod 12 Nightlies rom . Anyone can explain me what's better in CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies ?
As I can see the Kernel is the same , what's new in 12.1 compared with 12 ? Any valid reason to move from 12 to 12.1 ?

What's better? At the moment probably nothing as things are just starting to come together and many things are still shoddy at best. There are not even official nightlies out yet.

You can check the full 5.0.2 -> 5.1.0 changelog here. There are some 14 000 changes.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
7th April 2015, 12:51 PM |#20  
Flag Bogaduck Flats

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_85

sd-ext is not present unless you've partitioned sdcard, so don't worry if you get only that error message

Thanks. I thought I'd finally bricked my phone after all these years of flashing.
NanoWeber
7th April 2015, 03:50 PM |#21  
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Has anyone tried this with F2FS file system on /cache & /data?! Anything to watch out for, I'm assuming i'll need to finish off any rom flash by flashing "ace_f2fs_fstab_script_cm12_v3.zip" right?!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)