1st September 2015, 01:35 PM |#501  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä
Thanks Meter: 9,419

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjand

A quick check on FM radio in CyanogenMod 12.X shows that SELinux policy needs to be set to Permissive, I'm currently on CM11 so I can't check CM12.X, but I believe SELinux is set to Enforcing as standard on KitKat and newer versions of Android. You can check your current SELinux policy by going into About Phone in the System Settings and scrolling to the bottom, or by using adb
adb shell getenforce

On CM11 this returns Enforcing as standard. You can change it to Permissive by running
adb shell su 0 setenforce 0

Test if your radio now works. I don't know if changing it to Permissive will break anything else though, maybe @Mustaavalkosta can help here..

You change back to Enforcing by running (or reboot as this change isn't permanent)
adb shell su 0 setenforce 1

If it works you can set SELinux policy Permissive to remain on reboots. Create /system/etc/init.d/08setperm with the following contents
#!/system/bin/sh
setenforce 0

and set the permissions to 755.

SELinux is still in permissive mode by default set from kernel's commandline argument due to missing working set of policies so it shouldn't be that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free

1st September 2015, 01:52 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 647

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaavalkosta

SELinux is still in permissive mode by default set from kernel's commandline argument due to missing working set of policies so it shouldn't be that.

Sorry, I'm currently running CM11 and I thought CM12 / CM12.1 would have the same SELinux defaults as CM11.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rjand Ad-Free
1st September 2015, 02:09 PM |#503  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry, I'm currently running CM11 and I thought CM12 / CM12.1 would have the same SELinux defaults as CM11.

No problem. I think there was some commonizing of policies within CM that broke the policies from 11.0 on 12.0 or something else changed which lead to disabling SELinux "for now" and that has been quite long "for now" already.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
1st September 2015, 04:56 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 647

More
Hi @reformista45, can you get a logcat from just before opening SpiritFM to see what is happening?
The Following User Says Thank You to rjand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rjand Ad-Free
2nd September 2015, 03:35 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Question
Quote:

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/rele...es-august-2015
PsychoI3oy
YOG4P was branched quite some time ago, I doubt anyone running cm12.1 nightlies is far enough back to install the 12.1 snapshot without issues.
David Daynard
Stable branch uses code that is almost 3 months old. If you’re on nightlies and are happy with the performance of your nightly do not switch to stable. You will most likely have to wipe data and it will be like going back in time 3 months of terms of features.
David Daynard
The 12.1 snapshot code was branched in June. You cannot switch directly from nightlies, it is going back too far in time.
Your kernel is probably also not from the same point in time, meaning it is most likely either incompatible or less than fully compatible.

So, does it mean if I satisfy with current nightlies then no need to flash snapshots?
2nd September 2015, 09:21 AM |#506  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijawang

So, does it mean if I satisfy with current nightlies then no need to flash snapshots?

Snapshots are practically always behind the nightlies so if you are happy with the latest nightlies no need to go backwards. Snapshots only exist to provide another less hectic release channel. You won't get update notifications about nightlies if you flash a snapshot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
2nd September 2015, 02:31 PM |#507  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 406

More
Thumbs up Spirti FM Radio - Working 100%
I've red couple of post regarding this in recent past that FM Radio on CM12.1/12/11 working? Answer is YES.

Have tried in past with CM10.1/10.2 n in recent past with CM12 n CM12.1 n CM11 so basically you don't need to mess with your system anywhere. If your device isn't messed up internally than it should work without any modification.

Just plug any headphones, no matter its OEM or any other, their cord works as Antenna and use it how you want.

I'm also aware of linking Paid app is illegal on xda thus giving you outside link so that anyone try. Just Install it as normal .apk, should work.This is the last working Spirit1 for our device.

link: https://goo.gl/k6jG6s (Expires in 24hrs) Or http://d-h.st/VJxT

*SuperSU must be installed.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pat99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pat99 Ad-Free
2nd September 2015, 05:08 PM |#508  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
Snapshot build for 12.1 is now available. Well, has been since last night but I forgot to post about it while breaking apart libril...

Edit: Oh and I didn't test the snapshot build since it came out of automation and I had to redo a few branches for our locally tracked repos. Hopefully I didn't forget anything from those branches.

Bonus:
If someone can figure out what the ROT13 encoded version tags (ie. YOG4PAO23F) consist of in official CM snapshot filenames I'll give you a virtual kiss. I have partly figured it out using CM11.0 installer scheme from CM wiki but a half of it is still a mystery.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
3rd September 2015, 10:26 PM |#509  
Flag Leganés.
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Hi @reformista45, can you get a logcat from just before opening SpiritFM to see what is happening?

Hello @rjand not know if I will be well done, and here I leave a screenshot of the error. My spiritfm 8_4_2014 not work me, not that put the partner, this is the logcat.

Android does not work with me 12 and 12.1, with the rest if I work, thanks. In the snapshot Firefox works fine.
Thanks for all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-03-00-31-20.png
Views:	388
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	3461736  
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2015-09-03-23-01-15spiritfm.txt - [Click for QR Code] (111 Bytes, 20 views)
4th September 2015, 01:18 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
i am really sorry about this question
but i need to know
what is the app to use with this ROM?
for example xposed
do i must use arm,arm64,x86?
and does this related to Rom or to the cpu
and what is the type of cpu of our Desire HD?
many thanks to answering on my stupid question
4th September 2015, 05:24 PM |#511  
Flag Sunny Cornwall ...
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbaalie

i am really sorry about this question
but i need to know
what is the app to use with this ROM?
for example xposed
do i must use arm,arm64,x86?
and does this related to Rom or to the cpu
and what is the type of cpu of our Desire HD?
many thanks to answering on my stupid question

You could use one of those new-fangled interweb search engine thingies ... You might then have found ... http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire_hd-3468.php ... or even closer to home ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-desire-hd ...

Enjoy!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)