Thanks Meter: 3

More
really great
thanks very much.
Waitting for the final great news.

1st December 2015, 05:37 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1,718

More
Oh my gosh the hype is real :d ... Man you are fantastic!
The Following User Says Thank You to CedArctic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CedArctic Ad-Free
3rd December 2015, 08:27 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä
Thanks Meter: 9,430

Donate to Me
More
HTTPS, first build, etc.
HTTPS / SSL
SSL certificates are now renewed across the ODP domains just in case someone faced HSTS block earlier with expired certificates. Let me know if something isn't working with SSL. Let's Encrypt service only just entered open beta after all.

Nightlies
I started nightlies to check that everything is in order in automation side of things. Camera is still broken and since I caught cold last night again and this time it seems to be quite furious cold I'm not sure when I can/will continue to poke the camera with shim library. You can poke around in 6.0 now though and get mad when all the things are broken.

Only opt variant build is available. Regular ace builds are dead for 13.0 as far as I'm concerned. You can read how to convert your stuff to support opt version's changed partition layout here. I'll update FAQs and so forth as soon as I can.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
4th December 2015, 09:52 AM |#14  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 1,547

Donate to Me
More
Info 2 First Nightly Quick Impressions
Didn't expect much on flashing the first nightly, but it's running smoothly.
so far, so good. . Expect for screen flicker glitches which happens randomly on using the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to xdagee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdagee Ad-Free
4th December 2015, 10:40 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdagee

Didn't expect much on flashing the first nightly, but it's running smoothly.
so far, so good. . Expect for screen flicker glitches which happens randomly on using the phone.

And the flicker will likely get a bit worse when camera libs start working again. They trigger crazy blue flickering during bootup etc. and there's no fix in sight. I have already spent countless hours with 12.1 based builds and this LCD underflow issue. But hey, 6.0 is booting up and is generally running ok apart from the ever-increasing annoyances. I guess that's something even though not a perfect score.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
4th December 2015, 11:04 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaavalkosta

And the flicker will likely get a bit worse when camera libs start working again. They trigger crazy blue flickering during bootup etc. and there's no fix in sight. I have already spent countless hours with 12.1 based builds and this LCD underflow issue. But hey, 6.0 is booting up and is generally running ok apart from the ever-increasing annoyances. I guess that's something even though not a perfect score.

Does this means it is using the new adreno blobs (what about saga, same thing too)? Do gapps/playstore work now? Someone installed games? Does it improve performance? I'll stay on 12.1 for now (it's my daily phone) but will definitely be following the CM13 thread
4th December 2015, 11:49 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by i23098

Does this means it is using the new adreno blobs (what about saga, same thing too)? Do gapps/playstore work now? Someone installed games? Does it improve performance? I'll stay on 12.1 for now (it's my daily phone) but will definitely be following the CM13 thread

Yeah, I wouldn't have even released anything for 13.0 without the new adreno blobs because the old ones are already killing WebView on 12.1 and because that issue seems to come from the actual blobs themselves it's pretty much impossible to fix without changing blobs. Going backwards is not really my "thing" so new blobs or gtfo.

And the builds are the same for both devices. This would have been very difficult to manage with different stuff for each device.

I was initially planning to quit this hobby (or probably already a habit at this point) after 12.1 but since it turned out to be possible to utilise the sdcard and work around quite fatal insufficient storage issue here we still are. This has made my goals for the 13.0 a bit fuzzy but I suppose we'll see how much is doable and how much isn't. Problems have gradually got worse and worse as the upstream makes more or less huge changes while we are, for example, still using gingerbread camera blobs and this trend is continuing so let's try to keep out expectations low.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
5th December 2015, 01:45 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
@i23098
With gapps first bootup takes hours and after boot I got error Unfortunately, Android Keyboard (AOSP) has stopped. Default browser is not crashing
The Following User Says Thank You to marek287 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marek287 Ad-Free
5th December 2015, 08:04 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marek287

@i23098
With gapps first bootup takes hours and after boot I got error Unfortunately, Android Keyboard (AOSP) has stopped. Default browser is not crashing

I am also getting an Adroid Keyboard (AOSP) stopped working notice and an Encryption unsuccessful error warning. Pressing Reset phone reboots it into TWRP, which tries to wipe cache and Data and restart, leading to the same error warnings. (20151205 nightly and 20151201 gapps)
5th December 2015, 08:50 PM |#20  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 1,547

Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Today's build wasn't favorable, it has FCs throughout. quick - Is either you restore back to previous build or old back up.
6th December 2015, 02:54 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I manager to install alternative keyboard "AnySoftKeyboard" from F-droid. So now I can setup my phone.
@Mustaavalkosta I'm suprised how quick and stable it is. Actually that camera is not working and these screen flicker glitches don't bother me at all. So thank you!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marek287 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marek287 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)