Announcement from Mustaavalkosta: End-of-Life
4th December 2014, 05:19 PM |#101  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 1,543

Donate to Me
More
[GAPPS][UNOFFICIAL] Android 5.0 Alpha Build
Hi Guys,
As promised, I didn't wanna be selfish I had a modified GApps 5.0 that I have been testing along with CM12 Doge Preview.
I spoke to @Mustaavalkosta about it and I decided to share it over for everyone to test.

Feel Free to test and provide feedback so we can make it better and minimal.

Head over to the thread and have your share

Android 5.0 GApps
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to xdagee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdagee Ad-Free

6th December 2014, 12:30 AM |#102  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä
Thanks Meter: 9,418

Donate to Me
More
Project website
I just updated opendesireproject.org with new stuff. It has responsive layout now so you should be able to browse it with ease using mobile devices. There's nothing fancy, just links to forum threads, bugzilla, github and downloads. Keeping it simple so to speak while giving back a bit of that "something more" which I was talking about in the server post.

Website source code is also now available at github: https://github.com/OpenDesireProject...ireproject.org

For this post not to be completely about website, there should be new build soon. paulb_nl has been figuring out a better fix for telephony so we don't need to use hackery and sacrifice unicorns and it seems to be working nicely. I've been trying to lay out our options to bring in F2FS support together with jrior001. Currently it looks like EXT4 will stay default though due to technical issues with graceful conversion from EXT4 to F2FS but the decision is still up in the air. It will also need compatible recovery. Some misc changes on top of that.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
6th December 2014, 06:13 AM |#103  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 1,543

Donate to Me
More
Quick Discover after Days of Doge 2
Just realized the screenshot button is missing under buttons in settings. And also there are a lot of duplicate audio files in sounds. Lastly I also realized that after setting a ringtone still you don't hear it play when you receive a call. If you go back to check in ringtone settings it default has been set to unknown even after setting a ringtone. Last but not the least restoring phone to factory settings ends up in boot loop. Sometimes if you restart phone ; it Freezes or can say it hangs up. Noting works unless you remove battery and turn on again.
6th December 2014, 09:30 AM |#104  
Flag Yekaterinburg
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdagee

Just realized the screenshot button is missing under buttons in settings

just hold VOLUME_DOWN + POWER and wait for it)
7th December 2014, 10:18 AM |#105  
Flag Pakistan
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Thumbs up opendesireproject.org
It is very convenient approach to get access to the latest updates and other contents, nice work Mustaavalkosta
if the 4ext devs doesn't include the support of f2fs, then the twrp and cwm would be the only compatible recoveries with the future builds?
7th December 2014, 11:01 AM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waheed Hassan

if the 4ext devs doesn't include the support of f2fs, then the twrp and cwm would be the only compatible recoveries with the future builds?

Yeah, I've already test version of TWRP in use which has F2FS support. This is already more about getting it to regular users with as little hustle as possible than fundamental technical issues. S-ON users are sadly in a bit difficult position because simple conversion option requires recovery access to boot.img.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
7th December 2014, 11:22 AM |#107  
Flag Pakistan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaavalkosta

Yeah, I've already test version of TWRP in use which has F2FS support. This is already more about getting it to regular users with as little hustle as possible than fundamental technical issues. S-ON users are sadly in a bit difficult position because simple conversion option requires recovery access to boot.img.

yeah, the twrp 2.8.1 supports f2fs and also the full support of selinux is present.
the S-ON users do face difficulties while flashing custom recoveries because of the locked bootloader! If they manage to unlock the bootloader (S-OFF) via htc dev or via ace hack kit then they will be able to flash custom recoveries and do conversations.
7th December 2014, 10:55 PM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
DOGE3
DOGE3 is now available for download.
  • Different fix for telephony issue which should fix other RIL related issues too (eg. My ace now boots up system language set to Finnish by default. It's probably properly read from SIM now.)
  • F2FS support (not in use by default)
  • Java pieces compiled with openjdk7 now (previously Oracle JDK 1.6)
  • Boot still takes long (35-40 minutes)
  • Ringtone doesn't seem to play always when call arrives (CM-11.0 fix for it may apply)*
  • Various misc fixes/changes

Download:
[codefi.re][opendesireproject.org][basketbuild]

*I only included this to notes so no one thinks it's now ready for daily driver after mobile data was fixed. Well, I guess it can be if you only care about mobile data and want to miss calls.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
8th December 2014, 12:12 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
So DOGE3 could be used as daily driver? I´m not too keen on that everything works everytime, but standard features are "working" in general?
Anyway thank you guys for your great work
8th December 2014, 12:41 AM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by becks90

So DOGE3 could be used as daily driver? I´m not too keen on that everything works everytime, but standard features are "working" in general?
Anyway thank you guys for your great work

I wouldn't use it as daily driver but others get by with less. If you don't need to notice incoming calls, then I guess most of the generally important things are working. paulb_nl just fixed ringtone issue though so that will be in the next build. Even then these are still preview builds and even coming nightlies will be nightlies and everything that comes with them. Hopefully we have something that's broadly tested and issues mapped when it's time for M1 sometime in the far future. In the meantime, try them out and see if they fill your needs. If answer is yes, then you have found your daily driver.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
8th December 2014, 07:17 AM |#111  
Flag Pakistan

More
Thumbs up DOGE3
f2fs support is not in use by default, which means we can flash rom via 4ext recovery or still we have to stick with twrp?
i used m2 as daily driver because the things of my interest were working just gsm data wasnt working, but it is working now in doge3, just cant wait long for the M1 days
Mustaavalkosta thanks for the good work, bless you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)