2,474 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,418

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Mustaavalkosta: End-of-Life
24th November 2014, 10:52 PM |#11  
Flag BRZEG
Thanks Meter: 325

More
3.0.x karnel is present more than 2years...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Free mobile app

24th November 2014, 11:28 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 976

More
Amazing, my old phone got 5.0 Update
5.0 is really fast, i hope you Desire HD user see the advantage of this.

For Galaxy S4 there were also no kernel 5.0 available, but we got a fully working 5.0.
Maybe you can get it to work with the old drivers
25th November 2014, 06:16 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
wow the awesome dhd has entered into the 5.0 era , watching this carefully
thanks for all the hard work Mustaavalkosta
25th November 2014, 09:24 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Thank you Mustaavalkosta and the team for keeping DHD alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaavalkosta

[*]First boot takes around 40-50 minutes. Likely due to encryption or ART cache creation, or both. Hopefully we can get the boot time down in the future or testing will be very slow.

Yep, Google claimed that encryption will be completely transparent for user, nobody really believed it, but it wasn't also expected to bad as bad as it in fact is:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11...ts-not-pretty/

With modern devices it shouldn't matter though, but DHD doesn't have a hardware support for encryption and with its memory architecture it might have a significant impact on performance. I guess encryption will have to be switched off for Desire HD as soon as it will be possible.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to buttie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buttie Ad-Free
25th November 2014, 10:09 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttie

Thank you Mustaavalkosta and the team for keeping DHD alive!

Yep, Google claimed that encryption will be completely transparent for user, nobody really believed it, but it wasn't also expected to bad as bad as it in fact is:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11...ts-not-pretty/

With modern devices it shouldn't matter though, but DHD doesn't have a hardware support for encryption and with its memory architecture it might have a significant impact on performance. I guess encryption will have to be switched off for Desire HD as soon as it will be possible.

Yeah, it's not encryption that's slowing down the first boot. paulb_nl discovered the switch for it later last night and it's not even turned on on Nexus 5 by default which I already predicted based on my testing on official 5.0 factory images. There are couple of other changes too in addition to ART like block mode flashing which completely changed what's inside the zip you are flashing. Hopefully fixing or reverting one of those will decrease the first boot time but this is just speculation for the time being.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
25th November 2014, 10:24 AM |#16  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Where would u like questions and or comments?here or other thread? I see that there are several for this ROM.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
25th November 2014, 10:27 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 647

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalZakath

3.0.x karnel is present more than 2years...

Sorry, I thought we were still on 2.6.X.
25th November 2014, 10:36 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknoll

Where would u like questions and or comments?here or other thread? I see that there are several for this ROM.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Well, this one is the development thread and the other one is Q&A thread. It's sometimes drawing a line in the sand to decide where to post and I won't be enforcing any strict rules. XDA is already enforcing a rule which prevents users with less than 10 posts to post on development thread and will be redirected to Q&A thread instead (AFAIK).

Edit: I mainly created Q&A to allow newcomers to participate too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
25th November 2014, 10:45 AM |#19  
Flag Perugia
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Musta bugs network and audio have already been found by you developers?
25th November 2014, 10:59 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by entony80

Musta bugs network and audio have already been found by you developers?

Yeah, those are filed under "Expect everything else to be broken". I was surprised that the first successful 5.0 build ever even booted up without being a total mess. These preview builds are not for daily use. They are just to satisfy the curiosity so I don't have to answer questions about CM12. When the basic functionality is ok, I'll start nightlies again.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
25th November 2014, 11:55 AM |#21  
Flag Perugia
Thanks Meter: 103

More
I wanted to change the phone staying on an average band, such as 310 or 510 desire but saw the development, the DHD will be my daily companion until he dies : D: D: D when I can, I will try to help by reporting the various bugs. I hope in the next major release bugs manage to resolve them so as to deepen the test. Thanks to the whole team
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)