2,474 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,433

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Mustaavalkosta: End-of-Life
25th November 2014, 12:55 PM |#21  
Flag Perugia
Thanks Meter: 105

More
I wanted to change the phone staying on an average band, such as 310 or 510 desire but saw the development, the DHD will be my daily companion until he dies : D: D: D when I can, I will try to help by reporting the various bugs. I hope in the next major release bugs manage to resolve them so as to deepen the test. Thanks to the whole team

25th November 2014, 02:05 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
The device isn't encrypting on first boot so it won't be that. Well, it doesn't seem to have the forceencrypt flag, and I still have the option to encrypt my phone in the settings.

I did notice that in the zip file and before first boot the system folder only has the bin folder, and is then populated with build.prop and all other folders/files upon first boot. CM11 zip has it all already. Slow first boot could just be because it is extracting all the files?
The Following User Says Thank You to Phantom Shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phantom Shadow Ad-Free
25th November 2014, 02:09 PM |#23  
Flag Miami , Florida
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Jesus Christ is this thread a dream?
25th November 2014, 02:19 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä
Thanks Meter: 9,433

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow

The device isn't encrypting on first boot so it won't be that. Well, it doesn't seem to have the forceencrypt flag, and I still have the option to encrypt my phone in the settings.

I did notice that in the zip file and before first boot the system folder only has the bin folder, and is then populated with build.prop and all other folders/files upon first boot. CM11 zip has it all already. Slow first boot could just be because it is extracting all the files?

Yep, I mentioned a few posts back that it's not encryption. My release notes were written before paulb_nl found that out.

Maybe but I think the following recovery function is already extracting those files directly to the block device. This is what I mentioned earlier as block mode flashing and there are already commit in review to disable it and use the previous zip file structure: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/78370/

Code:
block_image_update("/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.2/by-num/p25", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat");
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...lockimg.c#L254

I don't know C very well so feel free to correct me if I have misunderstood it.

I'll see if disabling that or odexing helps with the boot time and investigate it more thoroughly as my spare-time allows. Every theory this far has been just a theory. ADB auth didn't allow checking logcat while it was booting for the first time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
25th November 2014, 02:42 PM |#25  
Flag B-Syde, 9ja
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
WoW!!!! there's lite @ the end of the tunnel
25th November 2014, 05:32 PM |#26  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 1,545

Donate to Me
More
Red face First Preview Build
WoW!
Finally got my hands on the Lollipop after waiting and waiting... for (boot up time) - [Which I believe it will be fixed in the next couple of days].
I don't have much to say since this is still in its alpha stages. Just waiting and hoping for the best time.
Thank you Musta and all those behind the build. Thanks for keeping our device through to the 4th Republic
25th November 2014, 07:33 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Wow, didn´t really had hope that 5.0 getting to my loved DHD.
Thanks so much to you masters.
As it´s my only device i have to wait for first version with at least commom features (network, mobile data, maybe sound)

Thanks once more
25th November 2014, 08:42 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks guys for your work on 5.0!!

It will be interesting to see how it performs on DHD, since 4.4.4 already seems (to me atleast) like pushing the boundary.
25th November 2014, 09:09 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
First of all thumbs up to Mustaa! Cheers man for all your hard work. Really appreciated.

Got it running on my dhd, about 30 minutes on first boot. Since its not my primary device will have the opportunity to do tests easily.
Appart from the issues already stated I can't seem to find any settings for the quicktiles and some of them (location mainly) don't work all the time on keypress and when they do it takes a couple of seconds to show the change. Also rotation does not work.

Managed to install supersu beta v2.27, worked like a charm... Also got pa_gapps-micro-5.0-ALPHA1-20141117a to install.

General feeling is a lot more laggy than CM11 but eh, the progress is enormous considering...

Keep 'em coming!
The Following User Says Thank You to eliasf21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eliasf21 Ad-Free
26th November 2014, 01:11 AM |#30  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjand

Sorry, I thought we were still on 2.6.X.

Linux 2.6.x Kernel is present on Android 2.x.x
With Android 4.0.x ice cream sandwich Linux 3.0.x kernel
Since Android 4.1.x jelly bean Linux 3.4.x kernel but we have on dhd Linux 3.0 kernel, maybe because of incompatible ion drivers?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Balikesirli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Balikesirli Ad-Free
26th November 2014, 02:46 AM |#31  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Home key doesn't work. Have to use back button

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Browser just closes trying to watch YouTube

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)