FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bricked? HDH for $0

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Lensters, Junior Member on 10th April 2017, 12:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
All you have to do is post to this thread how you fixed it. If you fail, you have to be willing to send it to the next person in line. The phone is in great shape physically, not a scratch to be seen. Hopefully someone will see this thread. I've seen that the last few questions have gone unanswered.

Here is the history:

I bought the HDH to use as a wifi remote control using e-Control. It wouldn't work with the stock 4.4.1 OS for unknown reasons so I decided rooting it was in order. I looked at the options and found HTCdev as the easiest. On their site it said that I could root and flash new ROMs. However, so much is protected by S-on that nothing I tried worked. I was a Linux beta tester, downloading onto 30+ 3.5" floppies back around 1990 and have been employed working in IT or UNIX software design my entire career, so it wasn't like I was a complete noob. I then tried flashing a new ROM and it failed as well. Not only is S-on protecting files in partitions, but it protects the partitions as well. That information on HTCdev was a complete lie, S-off is a requirement for rooting or flashing a HDH. But now, here is where I get to where I don't understand what is happening... I tried flashing TWRP and 4EXT to the recovery partition so that I could work from there. All image flashes fail with "remote: signature verify fail", but they somehow destroyed the stock recovery partition in the meantime (not that it really matters). At this point I decided to back up and try AAHK2. I relocked the device and fired up aahk2_fastboot, however, at this point AAHK2 can do nothing as well. No unlocking, no S-off, no recovery install and no flashing. So now here it sits rebooting into fastboot, locked up where even the HTCdev code even fails to unlock it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)