Q: I tried to flash the ROM and got this:
Code:
Installing update...
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error in /sdcard/..path od ROM.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Or I'm having other recovery issues.
A: Update your recovery to supported one. See the list below.

Q: I've used HTC Dev unlock and flashed the rom but it won't boot. What should I do?
A: You need to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot. If you don't have fastboot executable anymore from flashing recovery, install Android SDK platform tools (Linux users should find it from distro's package management) and then reboot to bootloader, open command prompt and navigate to the location you extracted your boot.img and type:

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

You need to repeat this everytime you flash new version of this rom to ensure everything will work fluently as long as you have just basic HTC Dev unlock.

Q: Where are my developer and performance options?
A: http://goo.gl/jpS8r

Q: Where is my root?
A: http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/all-about-l-part-2 (Read under "Superuser where?")

Q: Feature X doesn't work, let's make 1000 posts about it to annoy everyone.
A: Please, dont. Use search and then use search again and only then report your problem with necessary logs. [Logcat guide, thanks to MusikMonk for the link]

Q: I hate you for not fixing this issue X!!!
A: I love you too.

Q: How I can build CM12.0 myself?
A: Setup a basic Android build environment.
Code:
mkdir cm12
cd cm12/
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-12.0
mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
wget https://github.com/OpenDesireProject/android/raw/cm-12.0/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifests/cm_ace.xml
repo sync
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch cm_ace-userdebug
mka bacon
Once the build finishes you'll find your goods from out/target/product/ace/ directory.

Q: Something about something something something.
A: Ask the guy/gal next to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: hamxa266

marknoll

May 13, 2014
No sounds.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

I don't have camera at all

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Riderrr

Feb 22, 2013
Great job Tested on my Inspire 4G with alpha gaps all - so all works good but one problem at startup setting after ten minutus of thinking it cant set up my GSM career and tell me to set up it next time I'll think okay wait when all google sutups done ..... go to setting /mobile wireless/operator settings ... and at this moment I have a crash. I hawe an Ukrainian operator maybe this thing cause such problem Thank you a lot for you futer job at this rom And WiFi works greate ))))

marek287

Dec 23, 2010
OnePlus 8 Pro
Doge2 and recovery

Doge2 Installation doesn't work with 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.6 RC 3.
ApplyParsedPerms: lsetfilecon of /system/lost+found to u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
script aborted: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error in /sdcard/ROM CM12/cm-12-20141130-UNOFFICIAL-DOGE2-ace.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

With TWRP 2.8.1.0 it installs but these TKruzze gapps (https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/TKruzze/Android 5.0 GApps/Micro-Modular GApps/) gives error
E: Error executing update binary zip "gapps location.zip"

INSTALLATION FAILURE: Your device does not have sufficient space available in
the system partition to install this GApps package as currently configured.
You will need to switch to a smaller GApps package or use gapps-config to
reduce the installed size.

Finnaly old bug for me.
Does anyone have same problem like I do? I can't make partitions with TWRP 2.8.1.0 partition editor! With 4ext recovey I can make partition but with TWRP I can't.
http://xdaforums.com/htc-desire-hd/help/qa-twrp-2-8-1-0-cwm-6-0-5-1-unofficial-t2952947

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2014
Ramallah
first i want to thank you for this amazing rom
and i want to ask if i update from doge 1 to doge 2 should i flash boot.img again after installing the rom

Membrillo81

Aug 6, 2012
Taipei
ApplyParsedPerms: lsetfilecon of /system/lost+found to u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

http://xdaforums.com/htc-desire-hd/help/qa-twrp-2-8-1-0-cwm-6-0-5-1-unofficial-t2952947

I have the same error

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Try to format your system partition manually. If that doesn't help, contact 4EXT dev. Generally I can't fix recovery related issues like this seems to be.

With TWRP 2.8.1.0 it installs but these TKruzze gapps (https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/TKruzze/Android 5.0 GApps/Micro-Modular GApps/) gives error
E: Error executing update binary zip "gapps location.zip"

INSTALLATION FAILURE: Your device does not have sufficient space available in
the system partition to install this GApps package as currently configured.
You will need to switch to a smaller GApps package or use gapps-config to
reduce the installed size.
You'll probably need even smaller gapps. Our system partition is getting very small as the base system size has increased a lot since gingerbread. I haven't tried any gapps yet as they are irrelevant to our roadblocker issues so I can't give any recommendations.

first i want to thank you for this amazing rom
and i want to ask if i update from doge 1 to doge 2 should i flash boot.img again after installing the rom
Yes, if you are S-ON. There are some kernel related changes which are included in the boot.img so it needs to be updated too.

marek287

Dec 23, 2010
OnePlus 8 Pro
Last edited:

matbeta

Dec 1, 2014
rom not working

help me. Excuse, but apparently I'm the only one that failed to install the rom.
during installation sticking a message like warnig and then something about the sound and would not start more
I've already checked MD5

molety

Dec 3, 2014
DOGE2 + PA GApps ALPHA1 flash succeeded

Thank you Musta and the team for great job!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=56560109

I flashed DOGE2 + PA GApps ALPHA1, and they work fine.
(cm-12-20141130-UNOFFICIAL-DOGE2-ace.zip + pa_gapps-micro-5.0-ALPHA1-20141117a-signed.zip)

Before flashing, I made .gapps-config which containing the text "NanoGApps", and placed it in the same folder as the GApps zip.
Then, flashing has succeeded.

I didn't try "PicoGApps" option, but it will also succeed, I suppose.

arche77

Jan 27, 2011
hello Mustaavalkosta, Great job, say thanks to you and all the dev team.
I am chinese user, i found doge 3 always crash when i install most common app.
such as baidunews, baidu market, zhihu

please check it, hope doge 4 coming as soon as possible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hope you get well soon and can enjoy the holidays.
    Yeah, me too. I managed to dodge all the big flu epidemics this autumn and now the flu hits with the worst timing possible. This is kind of annoying also because I had planned to finish off some things last week but couldn't do anything and there's no one to fill in for me so everything just gets pushed further in the future.

Oh well, it is what it is. Luckily I'm already getting a bit better so there's a bit hope for spending the holidays with family instead of shivering alone at home with tissues and blanket. :good:
    The 20150110 nightly seems broken and won't install at all, so no way to check if it fixed the audio issues unfortunately.
    Nightly is likely working. It's probably recovery that's lacking required devfs entries for new by-name partitions used in fstab. I'll continue to update the situation on the main development thread as soon as I have confirmed my hunch.
    Sorry but I am new in this thing. Can you please explain it more easily... :(

There probably won't be an official CM12 stable release, as there wasn't for CM11. As this is an unofficial CM12 ROM, there definitely won't be a stable release.

The last stable CM release for our device was CM7, or Android 2.3, as that was the last Android version HTC released the source code for.

When you decide the ROM is stable is up to you - most users will already find it stable enough for them to use as their daily driver, I find it more stable than the stock Android 2.2 / 2.3 my phone came with. It won't be as fast as Android 2.2 or 2.3, but as there is no HTC Sense interface layered on top of Android it should be fast enough without lag, although depending on what additional apps you install to make the phone usable for yourself, the amount of lag will vary.

I have similar apps installed as on CM11, with a similar CPU overclock, and Greenify set up in the same way and I find little difference in speed and responsiveness as compared to CM11 - a few apps are faster and a few are slower. I have tested with a higher overclock than I had on CM11, and my phone was faster than it was on CM11, but normally I run with a small overclock, and the same settings as I did with CM11. If I find my phone getting laggy / unresponsive, I just press the power button and let Greenify do its stuff, screen back on after about 70 secs and the phone is responsive again.
    DOGE2 + PA GApps ALPHA1 flash succeeded

Thank you Musta and the team for great job!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=56560109

I flashed DOGE2 + PA GApps ALPHA1, and they work fine.
    (cm-12-20141130-UNOFFICIAL-DOGE2-ace.zip + pa_gapps-micro-5.0-ALPHA1-20141117a-signed.zip)

Before flashing, I made .gapps-config which containing the text "NanoGApps", and placed it in the same folder as the GApps zip.
    Then, flashing has succeeded.

I didn't try "PicoGApps" option, but it will also succeed, I suppose.
    Ok, good. Can you tell us how you are doing it for the future reference?

Yes , of course .
    I tested this on htc inspire 4g , i don't know if it works with htc desire hd .
    just download the attached file and compress it with the boot.img (or revovery.img) in a zip file .
    or you can just copy the content of the text file and paste it in a ( .txt ) file , and rename the txt file to ( android-info.txt ) .
    rename the zip file to PD98IMG.zip .
    and then go to bootloader .
    That's It .