Thanks Meter: 2,041

By kylon, Senior Member on 2nd April 2015, 10:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th April 2015, 11:31 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaavalkosta

How about without gapps? Works fine here on ace after that commit.

DS is my daily driver so without gapps the phone is like a brick.

I'll test without gapps and without bootanimation. Too bad that booting takes like an hour.
The Following User Says Thank You to vojtah1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vojtah1 Ad-Free

14th April 2015, 11:37 PM |#22  
Flag Rymättylä
Thanks Meter: 9,430

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vojtah1

DS is my daily driver so without gapps the phone is like a brick.

I'll test without gapps and without bootanimation. Too bad that booting takes like an hour.

I didn't mean you have to run it like that for eternity. I don't have the device so I can't perform any tests on saga myself thus the request for a simple test I'd otherwise do myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
14th April 2015, 11:59 PM |#23  

More
Quote:

I didn't mean you have to run it like that for eternity. I don't have the device so I can't perform any tests on saga myself thus the request for a simple test I'd otherwise do myself.

I'm aware and I don't have a problem testing.

edit: Even without gapps.

edit2: I removed bootanimation and the phone flies. (with gapps) It's AWESOME.
btw. There is some bootanimation, it is an "android" word right in the middle with some shades going on.

edit3: HOLY ****!
The Following User Says Thank You to vojtah1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vojtah1 Ad-Free
15th April 2015, 07:58 AM |#24  
Flag Rymättylä
Thanks Meter: 9,430

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vojtah1

I'm aware and I don't have a problem testing.

edit: Even without gapps.

edit2: I removed bootanimation and the phone flies. (with gapps) It's AWESOME.
btw. There is some bootanimation, it is an "android" word right in the middle with some shades going on.

edit3: HOLY ****!

Looks like the full resolution boot animation is still being copied over instead of the half resolution one. I didn't verify that the build flag actually does what it should do. My ace probably only works because ART cache creation was already successful once and I upgraded on top of that and it didn't recreate the whole cache so the thing that causes the issue is fixed until it does. You can probably put the boot animation back too once it has successfully booted up once but full resolution boot animation will still slow down the boot due to being very resource hungry which causes ART cache creation to fail too thus causing the low memory warning. I know it doesn't make much sense that these things are related but something goes haywire because cache isn't created properly. Anyways, I will look into really including the half resolution version of boot animation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
15th April 2015, 11:43 AM |#25  

More
Quote:

Looks like the full resolution boot animation is still being copied over instead of the half resolution one. I didn't verify that the build flag actually does what it should do. My ace probably only works because ART cache creation was already successful once and I upgraded on top of that and it didn't recreate the whole cache so the thing that causes the issue is fixed until it does. You can probably put the boot animation back too once it has successfully booted up once but full resolution boot animation will still slow down the boot due to being very resource hungry which causes ART cache creation to fail too thus causing the low memory warning. I know it doesn't make much sense that these things are related but something goes haywire because cache isn't created properly. Anyways, I will look into really including the half resolution version of boot animation.

Yeah, you're right. I reflashed with original build (bootanimation is back) and everything seems to be fine.
17th April 2015, 07:02 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile alipay and evernote can not work
支付宝钱包和印象笔记(中国版)不能使用
alipay and evernote can not work
17th April 2015, 06:30 PM |#27  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Unhappy Help in a bootloop
I'm stuck in a bootloop but cant seem to access recovery or fastboot with vol keys, it just goes to boot anim, anyone know how to help, I'm pretty knowledgeable at this sort of thing but I'm stumped if I cant find a way into recovery or fastboot.

I think its bootlooped due to not fastbooting the boot.img. Anyone I can fastboot that without getting to fastboot?
17th April 2015, 08:19 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1,494

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambojambo21

I'm stuck in a bootloop but cant seem to access recovery or fastboot with vol keys, it just goes to boot anim, anyone know how to help, I'm pretty knowledgeable at this sort of thing but I'm stumped if I cant find a way into recovery or fastboot.

I think its bootlooped due to not fastbooting the boot.img. Anyone I can fastboot that without getting to fastboot?

Pull the battery out for a min then put it back then press vol down + power. It should boot into bootloader
18th April 2015, 12:57 PM |#29  
Flag Donetsk
Thanks Meter: 92

More
I install CM 12.1.
it work's faster than CM 12,but i have problem. when i call,
interlocutor hears me bad,he
hear what that hissing. help me please.
18th April 2015, 02:05 PM |#30  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 725

More
Same here, bootanimation problem is solved. No issue for me yet. Thanks Mustaavalkosta for your effort.
19th April 2015, 10:12 PM |#31  
Flag Mother Russia
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Does anyone find a way how to set profile picture? When I'm trying to open settings for Owner user I'm getting message "The contact doesn't exist".
This error also seems to be happen on Nexus 6 http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...9#post59772529
The Following User Says Thank You to qd42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qd42 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)