[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies OpenDesireProject

Search This thread

terragady

Dec 19, 2011
Oslo
would you recommend this CM for daily use? Just for some, messages, calls, maybe facebook. How about battery life?

Raymond Huang

Dec 5, 2014
Taichung City
would you recommend this CM for daily use? Just for some, messages, calls, maybe facebook. How about battery life?

I've been daily user for four months(CM12 & 12.1). I think it is stable enough for you if you don't care about small bugs and a little lags. Running big apps such as Facebook may slower your device. flash some tweaks like L speed is personally recommended, will make your battery life and performance be better.

Last edited:

OJK

Sep 25, 2008

It is a little bit laggy from time to time, especially the dialer is really slow sometimes. In general it is quite suitable for a daily ROM. Random reboots only happen rarely.

tjhiwa

Apr 29, 2015
Hi, this is a re-post from: http://xdaforums.com/htc-desire-s/h...tected-downgrading-12-1-t3095943/post60447646

I am facing a really weird problem.

Initially, my HTC Desire S was running CM10.1 ROM, with sdcard 32GB FAT32 formatted. Recovery was CWM 5.0.2.0. I saw CM 12.1 Lollipop ROM for HTC saga, and decided to try it out. Recovery was updated to TWRP-saga-2.8.5.2-unofficial, and installed successfully CM12.1 The phone was lagging, and decided to revert back to CM10.1.

The sdcard was not detected in CM10.1, neither when recovery was reverted back to CWM 5.0.2.0. I also tried recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.5-saga and recovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-saga, none could mount the sdcard. I tried other sdcards (16GB and 8GB), formatting them using SDFormatter, checking using MiniTool Partition to make sure it's not set to logical. None could be detected.

But when I put back TWRP-saga-2.8.5.2-unofficial, all sdcards could be detected in recovery. I reinstalled CM12.1, it could also detect and use the sdcard.

It seems that installing recovery TWRP-saga-2.8.5.2-unofficial and/or upgrading to 12.1. had caused sdcard to be undetectable by earlier version of recovery and OS.

How can I fix this, and have my phone running CM10.1 again, with sdcard detected?

Reactions: Lapyyyyyy

Igor_ch

May 10, 2015
After installing rom+gapps i have warning checking servers. All works and google account synchronization. Apps are installing.
But after rebooting-tried to start android and only Lollipop logo.
Tried to flash this rom second time-same logo after rebooting

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org

i23098

Jun 17, 2013
Facebook browser crashes

Everytime I open a link on facebook, it starts the facebook browser, I can move up and down the webpage and a few seconds latter it crashes and goes back to the news feed.

logcat: http://logcat.scheffsblend.com/view?id=5899001

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I started Minion Rush, when the intro movie starts I put the mobile in the horizontal and everything stops... This time I pressed home and it worked. Sometimes I have to remove the battery or it will be like that forever... logcat: http://logcat.scheffsblend.com/view?id=8879001

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Youtube on Chome makes sound "hickups"... Sound is always stopping/starting... logcat: http://logcat.scheffsblend.com/view?id=9959001

ugor84

Nov 18, 2014
In the current state of development, how does this rom?
The you recommend for daily use or it is too early?
What are the bugs?
I need a good rom beyond 4.4
thanks

antimage05

May 18, 2013
Bricked!!

Tried to flash this ROM via 4ext Recovery but failed. My Desire S no longer connects to PC and so in my enthusiasm to try this ROM I followed this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1764398 and tried to install TWRP recovery via Terminal Emulator but there was an error "insufficient space on disk" or something like that. In my curiosity I typed "reboot bootloader" and the phone went dead (not even the HTC Logo shows up). While connecting the charger the LED lights up. If I press power+volume up the LED lights up even if there is no charger connected. Is there any way to get it back to life?

Edit: I know this is not the proper thread but I've searched across the forum but cant's find any help and moreover this thread seems to be the most alive thread for desire s.

Last edited:
Tried to flash this ROM via 4ext Recovery but failed. My Desire S no longer connects to PC and so in my enthusiasm to try this ROM I followed this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1764398 and tried to install TWRP recovery via Terminal Emulator but there was an error "insufficient space on disk" or something like that. In my curiosity I typed "reboot bootloader" and the phone went dead (not even the HTC Logo shows up). While connecting the charger the LED lights up. If I press power+volume up the LED lights up even if there is no charger connected. Is there any way to get it back to life?

Edit: I know this is not the proper thread but I've searched across the forum but cant's find any help and moreover this thread seems to be the most alive thread for desire s.

...what happens when you turn on the phone while holding volume DOWN? you should be in bootloader

antimage05

May 18, 2013
...what happens when you turn on the phone while holding volume DOWN? you should be in bootloader
nothing happens...I know this is a serious issue because even the HTC bootscreen doesn't show up and moreover I have problem with my USB port and it cannot connect to PC since long back. But any suggestions before I lay this old lady to rest would be much appreciated.

mackhenri

Jul 25, 2011
Mumbai

Press Volume up + Down + Power
Make sure you charge it for sometime

If not flash the official rom from HTC for your phone

antimage05

May 18, 2013
Silly question but have u pulled the battery out for a min then try hold vol down + power

Following an advise that I found while searching through the forum, I've pulled out the battery for 5 mins and then tried vol down+power but nothing. Like I've mentioned earlier, while holding vol up+power the LED light turns on...I left it for some time and when I checked back, the phone was warm. So there must still be some life in it... I never thought trying to install recovery would affect the bootloader.... I think this is the first case of officially bricked desire s... :D

Last edited:

antimage05

May 18, 2013
Following an advise that I found while searching through the forum, I've pulled out the battery for 5 mins and then tried vol down+power but nothing. Like I've mentioned earlier, while holding vol up+power the LED light turns on...I left it for some time and when I checked back, the phone was warm. So there must still be some life in it... I never thought trying to install recovery would affect the bootloader.... I think this is the first case of officially bricked desire s... :D

If someone could just gave me a definite response that there is no way of recovering my phone then I would give this phone it's much needed rest... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM12.1 Lollipop Nightlies brought to you by Open Desire Project and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM 11.0 and 12.0 builds. Builds are generated automatically on Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun. Process starts around 00:30 PST/PDT. If it fails, then there will be no build until the reason for failure is taken care of which can take time. Last 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • goo.im
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • Mustaavalkosta
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Installation instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies
    2. Download gapps from here
    3. Put the files on SD card
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /system, /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-12.1-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-saga.zip
    7. Flash gapps zip
    8. Remember to flash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Update instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies
    2. Put the file on SD card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash cm-12.1-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-saga.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them (results may vary depending on which gapps package you are using)
    7. Reboot and enjoy

Kernel
    • Source: github
    • Compiler: stock AOSP gcc-4.8
    • Branch: cm-12.1
    • Kernel Version: 3.0.101
    • defconfig: saga_defconfig

Donations:
    • For build server & hosting: codefi.re (use the donation button)
    • I don't really need your money right now but if you insist on donating to me I suggest you donate that money to EFF instead here: https://supporters.eff.org/donate

FAQ:
    Q: I tried to flash the ROM and got this:

Code:
    Installing update...
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error in /sdcard/..path od ROM.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Or I'm having other recovery issues.
    A: Download and install the latest recovery here.

Q: I've used HTC Dev unlock and flashed the rom but it won't boot. What should I do?
    A: You need to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot. If you don't have fastboot executable anymore from flashing recovery, install Android SDK platform tools (Linux users should find it from distro's package management) and then reboot to bootloader, open command prompt and navigate to the location you extracted your boot.img and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

You need to repeat this everytime you flash new version of this rom to ensure everything will work fluently as long as you have just basic HTC Dev unlock.

Q: Where are my developer and performance options?
    A: http://goo.gl/jpS8r

Q: Feature X doesn't work, let's make 1000 posts about it to annoy everyone.
    A: Please, dont. Use search and then use search again and only then report your problem with necessary logs. [Logcat guide, thanks to MusikMonk for the link]

Q: Hey, my old phone is running the latest Android version, i want to thank someone!
    A: Press thanks button here

Q: I hate you for not fixing this issue X!!!
    A: I love you too.

Q: How I can build CM12.1 myself?
    A: Setup a basic Android build environment.

Code:
    mkdir cm12.1
    cd cm12.1/
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-12.1
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    wget https://github.com/OpenDesireProject/android/raw/cm-12.1/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml
    repo sync
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_saga-userdebug
    mka bacon

Once the build finishes you'll find your goods from out/target/product/saga/ directory.

Q: Something about something something something.
    A: Ask the guy/gal next to you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies, ROM for the HTC Desire S

Contributors
    kylon, Mustaavalkosta, paulb_nl, Phantom Shadow
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Twrp 2.8.7.0
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-04-02
    Last Updated 2017-01-04
    Hi guys, how's development going? Seems a bit slow now :(

Was just wondering if my previous logcats are useful? Or applications crashes "don't matter" (in the sense you'll only look into OS features - i.e. wifi, calls, sensors...)?

Keep up the great work :good:
    I'm quite busy in my life right now and will likely be so for a while. I can't say anything for the others because we don't really work that tightly together - people just do things they want to do when they want to do them. I'm personally mainly interested in fixing WebView / RenderThread crash for the time being but it's not progressing very fast due to the aforementioned life situation among other things. I'm not making a stress source out of this project though so things progress at their own pace like it has been the past 3 years I've been involved with ace community. I'm sorry for any possible misunderstandings if this hasn't been clear.
    Our server is now upgraded to the next level. I emptied whatever donations I had received earlier and recently from saga users and in addition to upgrading the server I renewed it for another 3 months so it's now paid until 29/02/2016. I also renewed opendesireproject.org domain for another year from earlier donations sitting on my account and domain is now valid until 30/11/2016. Thanks for the contributions that will enable us to provide a bit better UX for everyone! :)

I'm in the process of uploading more of saga builds to dl.opendesireproject.org. Tomorrow's 12.1 build should have OTA app included so you can receive notifications of new builds, download them and even flash them with it (S-ON users still need to flash boot.img manually, there's nothing I can do about that). If 12.1 OTAs prove to be working ok, I'll probably extend this support to 12.0 builds too in the near future.

Edit: Warning: OTA flashing doesn't create backups before flashing. Keep this in mind especially with nightlies that can break whenever without warning.
    Is it theoretically possible to use the open source freedreno drivers? They support OpenGL ES 2.0 on Adreno 205. If so, they might resolve some graphical issues (if there are any left while using the new adreno blobs).
    Yeah, I guess it's possible but if we ask whether it's possible that I can make them work, that's a completely different story. :)

ps. I just heard back from Lapyyyyyy about cm-13.0 and apparently saga isn't worse than ace at this point which is nice. Maybe public nightlies will appear in the coming weeks.
    Freedreno is not a good idea.
    It will probably add more issues and glitches.
    Also, it does not fully support android phones and you need to write or edit the panel driver (maybe some other files) to work with it.