By kylon, Senior Member on 27th November 2014, 09:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th December 2014, 08:40 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdonL

Man, you need to place this file to a rom then flash it.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Can you advise something to make gapps work?

I didn´t knew that. Thanks

I did try installing the g-apps but they dosen't work. I will keep an eye for the GAPPS.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote:

Man, you need to place this file to a rom then flash it.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Can you advise something to make gapps work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylon

New build up

I can see from looking at the zip, that you did push the "atmel-touchscreen.idc" and "saga-keypad.idc" in system\usr\idc and the "atmel-touchscreen.kl, AVRCP.kl, h2w_headset.kl, qwerty.kl and saga-keypad.kl" in system\usr\keylayout. Kudos for that.

But the question is now. Why do you think that the gapps is not working?

11th December 2014, 08:42 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
By the way, some idea about gapps: I see there are many problems installing gapps. So why not integrate gapps directly into ROM? Phone is useless without them anyway, and if we do so, at least one problem would be solved for all
The Following User Says Thank You to dimitrioos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dimitrioos Ad-Free
11th December 2014, 08:45 PM |#103  

More
Dunno. But are we not capable of installing the google play apk from a file manager? I was suprised when i couldn't locate the browser. Then we need to download chrome apk and install it from there too.
11th December 2014, 08:51 PM |#104  
Flag Saint-Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgv2800

But the question is now. Why do you think that the gapps is not working?

because they are not
11th December 2014, 10:45 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 240

More
Info 2
Quote:

New build up

Thanks. Just flashed it as per the following:
  1. Flashed new OS image.
  2. Wanted to flash boot.img, but failed to boot into bootloader (because didn't press VolDn/Power at the right time), instead system started booting up, took 5 min.
  3. "Android is upgrading...", "Optimizing app xx of yy", took 15 min.
  4. OS fully booted, screenlock PIN unlock, tried to unlock SIM -> com.android.phone stopped, in endless loop.
  5. shutdown OS, rebooted into BL.
  6. flashed boot.img extracted from new OS image.
  7. reboot into system, "Optimizing app 1 of 1" (10 min?), same: com.android.phone stopped, in endless loop.
  8. installed GApps minimum, cleared dalvik cache -> system stable

I observed the following:
  • Fixes for touchscreen/keyboard seem included, no longer need to install separately.
  • "My phone number" now shown, previously empty.
  • Network types present which don't apply to this phone (not a biggie, obviously; issue was present in DEC-04 build as well)
  • Trying to open menu item Wireless & Networks > Cellular networks > Carrier Settings still causes process com.android.media to stop, phone reboots.
Will report more findings tomorrow, it's late...
The Following User Says Thank You to ralfbergs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ralfbergs Ad-Free
12th December 2014, 02:18 AM |#106  
Flag Saint-Petersburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfbergs

Thanks. Just flashed it as per the following:

1. Flashed new OS image.
  2. Wanted to flash boot.img, but failed to boot into bootloader (because didn't press VolDn/Power at the right time), instead system started booting up, took 5 min.
  3. "Android is upgrading...", "Optimizing app xx of yy", took 15 min.
  4. OS fully booted, screenlock PIN unlock, tried to unlock SIM -> com.android.phone stopped, in endless loop.
  5. shutdown OS, rebooted into BL.
  6. flashed boot.img extracted from new OS image.
  7. reboot into system, "Optimizing app 1 of 1" (10 min?), same: com.android.phone stopped, in endless loop.
  8. installed GApps minimum, cleared dalvik cache -> system stable

I observed the following:
  • Fixes for touchscreen/keyboard seem included, no longer need to install separately.
  • "My phone number" now shown, previously empty.
  • Network types present which don't apply to this phone (not a biggie, obviously; issue was present in DEC-04 build as well)
  • Trying to open menu item Wireless & Networks > Cellular networks > Carrier Settings still causes process com.android.media to stop, phone reboots.
Will report more findings tomorrow, it's late...

What gapps did you use?

Do I need to boot before flashing gapps? Guys, cmon, help me! Without market I cant use my phone!
12th December 2014, 05:40 AM |#107  

More
Lightbulb
Quote:

What gapps did you use?

Do I need to boot before flashing gapps? Guys, cmon, help me! Without market I cant use my phone!

I did manage to install YouTube and Chrome from APK. Also Google Play and Google play services. But Google Play won't open, and upon clicking the icon i get a toast message saying "App Not Installed". I also get FC from Google Play Services. But chrome works fine and the YouTube launches but cannot be used because of the not working Google Play services.

Things i observed from the new build:
- Taking less time to boot up after first boot from before.
- Now touch screen working.
- Home button not working. (Needed to change the buttons/combi, to "Double tab/press" home button to open multitasking.
- Notification center now rolls fully out with the toggles. (Random. Yesterday i didn't work. I could't in this build nor in the last one get/swipe down for notifications toggles. Now after letting it settle for about 9 hours it began to work.
- Forcing GPU rendering 2D is obviously making the animations faster and leads to a bit faster openings and use. App drawer, notification center, apps opening, all faster now.
- For some reason, the lockscreen is nowhere to see. It is set in security on "swipe" but neither options I use, i cannot get the lockscreen showing. The lockscreen is not working!

More to come when i remember it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lgv2800 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lgv2800 Ad-Free
12th December 2014, 09:11 AM |#108  

More
Info 2
Quote:

What gapps did you use?

As I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfbergs

installed GApps minimum, cleared dalvik cache -> system stable

I found the GApps Minimum here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=46

Quote:

Do I need to boot before flashing gapps?

I don't know whether you "need" to do so, but I did (as you can see in my original step-by-step log of what I did).
12th December 2014, 09:18 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I would recommend these gapps:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2943900
Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Free mobile app
12th December 2014, 09:27 AM |#110  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgv2800

- Home button not working. (Needed to change the buttons/combi, to "Double tab/press" home button to open multitasking.
- For some reason, the lockscreen is nowhere to see. It is set in security on "swipe" but neither options I use, i cannot get the lockscreen showing. The lockscreen is not working!

I can NOT confirm those two observations -- for me this is working well.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote:

New build up

App icons now sticky in apps dock across reboots -- great job, thanks!
12th December 2014, 01:31 PM |#111  
Flag Saint-Petersburg

More
Notification bar doesnt work, any clue? Cant access quick settings and cant see any notifications.
The Following User Says Thank You to holdonL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift holdonL Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)