[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies OpenDesireProject

2,618 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,041

By kylon, Senior Member on 4th December 2015, 09:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd February 2016, 10:28 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I've had that problem, except optimizing 1/2 and when it finally finished after about an hour or two... It would reboot and start over. That's when wiped and startwd from scratch. When I started over I flashed the rom, gapps-mini and renamed the keyboard file and all was back to normal.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

3rd February 2016, 01:58 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Very good ROM

Отправлено с моего Desire S через Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DDeenis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DDeenis Ad-Free
4th February 2016, 05:05 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Daily use
I installed the first cm13 nightly about a month ago with open gapps nano and put swiftkey via sideload on my Saga. Since then I regularly updated.
The boot/app optimizing loop after an update took sometimes very long, but eventually finished. Sometimes after several hours or trivial changes like unplugging the power supply.
Camera: Is working fine now, takes often some time to load. App is not listed but you can reach it on the lock screen.
Telephony: Outgoing it works perfectly, with incoming calls it takes a second to display the app while already ringing. But it does not crash and I never missed a call.
Bluetooth: Crashes when trying to connect another device. It does not find my bluetooth headphones (My audio jack is broken, for music I depend on bluetooth.)

I upgraded from stock 4.0.4 to the cm13 nightlies and I do not want to go back. Even with the problems and glitches here and there, the ROM is significantly faster and looks much nicer. I can count on one hand the times the nightly ROM completely crashed in the last month. Great work!
If there are any questions or you want me to try something out, post it to me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mithe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mithe Ad-Free
5th February 2016, 08:59 PM |#104  

More
I have been using this and the only problem is the g-sensor calibration... when I bring the phone down from my ear it will stay on the blank screen ?? . so I put it back to stock and used the g-sensor calibration and now it works fine.
so how do I use the g-sensor calibration with 13 nitghtlies...
5th February 2016, 09:32 PM |#105  
Flag Rymättylä
Thanks Meter: 9,430

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickw1

I have been using this and the only problem is the g-sensor calibration... when I bring the phone down from my ear it will stay on the blank screen ?? . so I put it back to stock and used the g-sensor calibration and now it works fine.
so how do I use the g-sensor calibration with 13 nitghtlies...

Doesn't Desire S have proximity sensor? That's the one you should be worried about if you mean the screen stays off during or after call and you move the device away from your face. Desire HD has proximity sensor calibrator that fixes the problem but I don't think it works as-is for Desire S.

You can also try to clean up the proximity sensor in case it's filled with dust etc.

You can also verify that it's not broken with an app like this one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1626611
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
6th February 2016, 02:20 PM |#106  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaavalkosta

Doesn't Desire S have proximity sensor? That's the one you should be worried about if you mean the screen stays off during or after call and you move the device away from your face. Desire HD has proximity sensor calibrator that fixes the problem but I don't think it works as-is for Desire S.

You can also try to clean up the proximity sensor in case it's filled with dust etc.

You can also verify that it's not broken with an app like this one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1626611

Yes your right my phone even on stock now is broke again. so I will try that ap.... think I must have a dodgy sensor
thx
6th February 2016, 11:46 PM |#107  

More
yeah fixed it... you were right it was dust, I took it apart and cleaned it and now it's working great..... now to install 13 nightlies again.

THX
The Following User Says Thank You to mickw1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mickw1 Ad-Free
8th February 2016, 04:46 AM |#108  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 725

More
20160207 build has improved first boot time and reboot faster than previous builds. Getting smoother and smoother. Setting Google account is also faster. Thanks Mustaavalkosta for your hard works.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kchaisu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kchaisu Ad-Free
8th February 2016, 07:39 PM |#109  
Flag Netanya
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Running 20160207 on my spare phone, tested GPS successfully (using iGO, Here, Google Maps and Waze), Camera also worked flawlessly.
I only seem to be having issue with the root, while it does seem to work (using SuperSU 2.65), I can't copy the emoji font file to /system/fonts even though ES File Manager has write access.

Also, i've noticed some white graphical flashing on the bottom half, usually only after a reboot.
Lastly, after every reboot, it also Optimizes 1 App which slows the boot process...

This is after a clean install!
Either way, loving it so far and might switch to this phone once the little things are smoothed up
The Following User Says Thank You to Sefy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sefy Ad-Free
9th February 2016, 01:54 AM |#110  
Flag Bangkok

More
I have been trying Chainfire Systemless Root for sometime and found that SuperSU beta 2.67 is working fine on CM-13. However, the responsiveness to request root access is rather slow in comparison to Privacy guard. On top of that when starts calling and some functions Privacy Guard is still working regardless of SuperSU being installed on the system. So, I decided to stick on Privacy Guard for CM-13, unless SuperSU beta 2.68 has been released and proved to be a better choice. Currently, CMFile manager has an issue on Privacy Guard and from Builds 20160207 onward, I have noticed some kind of white flickering during starting some Apps. However, these issues are too small to be annoying. Thank you very much Kylon, Mustaavalkosta, Paulb_nl and others who have been so kind in contributing their valuable spare time supporting the community.
The Following User Says Thank You to kchaisu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kchaisu Ad-Free
10th February 2016, 11:15 PM |#111  
Flag Bangkok

More
I made clean installation of CM-13 sagaopt 20160210 build together with clean installation of Open Gapps 20160210 Pico. I found that the nightly provides very smooth boot up and setting with 30 mins of boot time, However, reboot time is less than one min. Tried not to delete system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so; no keyboard FC sign shown and no keyboard showing up either. So the file should still be delete or rename as usual to get AOSP keyboard working. So far, the nightly is getting to good function, however, I did not test all functions, just regular phone usage. In addition, battery is very good; I am not a heavy user though. Thanks Kylon, Mustaavalkosta, Paulb_nl and other teammate for the contribution.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kchaisu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kchaisu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)