Thanks Meter: 2,038

By kylon, Senior Member on 4th December 2015, 09:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th December 2015, 08:17 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Can you take a log?
The Following User Says Thank You to kylon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kylon Ad-Free

6th December 2015, 09:33 AM |#12  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 712

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylon

Can you take a log?

I do not know how to take a log when it did not boot up. Please tell me. Thanks.
6th December 2015, 01:39 PM |#13  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Can you take a log?

I flashed your kernel and everything is all right! Any bootloop I didn't get. Work well, don't see any difference.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lapyyyyyy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lapyyyyyy Ad-Free
6th December 2015, 07:20 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchaisu

I do not know how to take a log when it did not boot up. Please tell me. Thanks.

Mmh, can you try with a clean install?
Maybe something went wrong on your phone.

Thats ok, this will not turn saga in a quad-core phone but it should be a better f2fs version, maybe faster and more stable
The Following User Says Thank You to kylon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kylon Ad-Free
6th December 2015, 07:47 PM |#15  
Flag Bangkok

More
Quote:

Mmh, can you try with a clean install?
Maybe something went wrong on your phone.

Thats ok, this will not turn saga in a quad-core phone but it should be a better f2fs version, maybe faster and more stable

I made a clean install, factory reset and all wiped except internal memory and SD-Ext and also change file system to f2fs. It did not boot up with black screen. So, if you and Lapyyy have no problem with the kernel, it should be my device problem or set up. However, I have tried with every nighlies and Open Gapps and Delta Gapps and have faced the same problems. Now I shall try with difference SDcard with different format. Thanks for your kind contribution.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kchaisu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kchaisu Ad-Free
6th December 2015, 08:17 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
I don t have a saga xD
Cannot test.
You should be able to take a log with android monitor and a boot.img with secure=0
6th December 2015, 10:45 PM |#17  
Flag Bangkok

More
Quote:

I don t have a saga xD
Cannot test.
You should be able to take a log with android monitor and a boot.img with secure=0

Thanks for your prompt reply. We will see how the problem could be solved. Now I reformatted the Data partition to EXT4 and all the stuff was gone. I have to copy all necessary files to the SDcard again and will try your kernel. By the way replaceing AnySolfKeyboard by F-Droid eliminated FC on keyboard issue and making Google Account setup possible. Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kchaisu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kchaisu Ad-Free
11th December 2015, 08:47 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Amazingly mature
I'm running 2015-12-06 since yesterday evening, and I'm amazed how mature it already is. It seems quick stable and "slick."

One thing I've noticed is that the camera API doesn't seem to be implemented/functioning yet. This is probably the reason why no camera app is included, right?

As hinted by @kchaisu (thanks!) I've installed an alternative keyboard app (Google's kbd), and now it's running really well.

The old Facebook problem (that often the device reboots when installing the app) can still be observed, but maybe it's just that our Saga has too little RAM.

Thanks, @kylon and @Mustaavalkosta, and all others who contribute to this, for breathing new life into our little Sagas...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ralfbergs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ralfbergs Ad-Free
11th December 2015, 10:59 AM |#19  
Flag Rymättylä
Thanks Meter: 9,419

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfbergs

One thing I've noticed is that the camera API doesn't seem to be implemented/functioning yet. This is probably the reason why no camera app is included, right?

Well, nothing is removed per se but system hides the camera icon etc. if it can't find appropriate camera hardware which it currently can't find because camera libs won't load due to missing symbols.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
12th December 2015, 12:07 AM |#20  
Flag Bangkok

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfbergs

I'm running 2015-12-06 since yesterday evening, and I'm amazed how mature it already is. It seems quick stable and "slick."

As hinted by @kchaisu (thanks!) I've installed an alternative keyboard app (Google's kbd), and now it's running really well.

The old Facebook problem (that often the device reboots when installing the app) can still be observed, but maybe it's just that our Saga has too little RAM.

Thanks, @kylon and @Mustaavalkosta, and all others who contribute to this, for breathing new life into our little Sagas...

Actually, I got the idea from HD CM-13 forum which was post by @marek287. Thanks to him.
Thanks to Mustaavalkosta and Kylon for the CM-13-20151211-sagaopt nightly. This bulid is fast booting up for GApps. However, SetupWizard and AOSP Keyboard still remains FC. Thank you very much.
The Following User Says Thank You to kchaisu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kchaisu Ad-Free
12th December 2015, 06:01 AM |#21  
Flag Bangkok

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchaisu

Actually, I got the idea from HD CM-13 forum which was post by @marek287. Thanks to him.
Thanks to Mustaavalkosta and Kylon for the CM-13-20151211-sagaopt nightly. This bulid is fast booting up for GApps. However, SetupWizard and AOSP Keyboard still remains FC. Thank you very much.

There is another way around to solve the problem on AOSP Keyboard FC by @ivanich on Open GApps forum which makes AOSP Keyboard FC gone by removing Keyboard Gesture Support (system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so). This way the same keyboard could be used to setup accounts. Thanks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kchaisu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kchaisu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)