Thanks Meter: 2,041

By kylon, Senior Member on 4th December 2015, 10:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th March 2017, 12:11 PM |#461  
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauh

Mustaavalkosta, any news on new builds on Lineage 13?

new builds can be set easily as there's no problem changing to LineageOS repo, but improvement is what we're looking for!
I already made a Lineage OS build here it's almost the same as this ROM except Lineage name and bootanimation and some basic stuff.

last time i edited a CM12.1 ROM and a CM13 work has started, I'm sure Mustaavalkosta can make LineageOS 14 for us if he sees things can get better
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheBrainCandy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheBrainCandy Ad-Free

18th March 2017, 01:32 AM |#462  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 729

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrainCandy

new builds can be set easily as there's no problem changing to LineageOS repo, but improvement is what we're looking for!
I already made a Lineage OS build here it's almost the same as this ROM except Lineage name and bootanimation and some basic stuff.

last time i edited a CM12.1 ROM and a CM13 work has started, I'm sure Mustaavalkosta can make LineageOS 14 for us if he sees things can get better

Thanks for bring up the Lineage OS 13 update here otherwise it is so quiet.
The Following User Says Thank You to kchaisu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kchaisu Ad-Free
19th March 2017, 12:13 AM |#463  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,041

More
No plans for "official" builds.

Lineage 13 does not bring any improvement, it still lack a lot of cm features and they are doing things differently.

Same for lineage 14.

I have the source but i m stuck with an error about alsa.
I haven t looked deeply on this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kylon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kylon Ad-Free
19th March 2017, 12:34 AM |#464  
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylon

No plans for "official" builds.

Lineage 13 does not bring any improvement, it still lack a lot of cm features and they are doing things differently.

Same for lineage 14.

I have the source but i m stuck with an error about alsa.
I haven t looked deeply on this.

Agreed and i don't think CM/LineageOS 14.1 will make our device any better I'm thinking if we make CM12.1 any better will be much worth it
for that
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBrainCandy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheBrainCandy Ad-Free
23rd March 2017, 12:13 PM |#465  
Flag Bangkok

More
Deleted
9th May 2017, 01:20 PM |#466  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaavalkosta

If Lineage is going to maintain something equivalent to cm-13.0 branches it's likely those branches will see some maintenance changes for some time in the future but I really don't have any clue what's going on with Lineage and its intentions towards old CM stuff.

Hello

You probably seen that TheBrainCandy did a Lineage 13.0 build. Just wondering if you miss our little device

I have 2 bugs with that build (no rotation of screen when rotating the phone and no sound on video recording)... Maybe you could take a look into Lineage

All the best and thanks for all your work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i23098 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift i23098 Ad-Free
17th May 2017, 10:29 PM |#467  
Thanks Meter: 247

More
Android Go may inhale new life to our fine little device...
https://www.xda-developers.com/andro...w-end-devices/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ralfbergs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ralfbergs Ad-Free
21st May 2017, 10:49 AM |#468  
Flag Bangkok

More
Recently, Mustavaalkosta has posted his intention to abandon the development of ROM for Ace in which Saga is inclusive. Well it is about time for 6 year old devices. No matter how the recent ROM have been developed, but the aim is for the new technology. So aged devices would never been able to fully exploit of the new technology because of the capacity of hardware differentiation, i.e CPU and RAM. Albeit Google intended to develop Android Go for low end devices, but it is not for sure for aged devices. New devices would have been exploited current CPU and RAM available on the market. So small memory of aged devices and new devices are not the same capacity. So I would say that Android Go is not for neither Ace nor Saga. Thank you very much Kylon, Mustavaalkosta, Paulb_nl and others of the team who have been dedicated to Open Desire Project for a long time. I am very appreciated your contribution.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kchaisu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kchaisu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)