FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

No hboot/recovery, but still fastboot

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By FatalDiskError, Junior Member on 11th April 2017, 09:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello XDA,

I brought myself (or my phone) into some serious trouble - and of cause I don't have any kind of backup... So, I got an old Desire S and because I wanted to use "limited user profiles" I wanted to upgrade to KitKat 4.4. Therefor I decided for CM-11 (later also tried CM-13, but I failed with sagaopt...). I rooted, I installed 4ext and I failed with CM-11. So I tried CM-13 and failed, I tried RUU and failed (because my version-main is something 13.xxx and RUU is of course 2.3.xxx). I don't remember averything I tried, but at some point, something went wrong. I also tried changing from ext3 to ext4, because I thought that would allow me to be sagaopt (stupid me).
And now, I can't go into hboot anymore (vol-down + power is not working) and I can't go into recovery (because of no hboot). When I start the phone, I get a silver HTC-logo on black screen with "!" in all four corners. BUT, at this stage, I still have fastboot when I connect it to my PC (no adb). And if I type in "fastboot oem boot" I can boot into my OS. I tried getting root again (SuperOneClick 2.2 using auto (==zergRush)), but it gets stuck at step 7 (waitingForDevice ->
export TEMPRANDOM=12646;export PS1=END:$TEMPRANDOM;mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /system
mount: Operation not permitted
END:12646export PS1="").

SO I would like you to help me

Minimum goal would be: phone boots OS without "fastboot oem boot". I would then just live with my Android 2.3. (I want to give it to my 8y kids to use it for spotify (that's the reason I would love to have limited user profiles).
Nice to have would be: get hboot/recovery back
Bonus stage would be: get root again
You are awesome, let me order you a pizza would be: get CM-11 (or 13) running

fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.00.0002
(bootloader) version-baseband: 3822.10.08.04_M
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 13.10.401.8
(bootloader) serialno: SH1BGTJ01751
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) product: saga
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-7230
(bootloader) modelid: PG88*****
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4134mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: RUU
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: ebd3df7d
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 12
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

11th April 2017, 06:31 PM |#2  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 696

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalDiskError

Hello XDA,

I brought myself (or my phone) into some serious trouble - and of cause I don't have any kind of backup... So, I got an old Desire S and because I wanted to use "limited user profiles" I wanted to upgrade to KitKat 4.4. Therefor I decided for CM-11 (later also tried CM-13, but I failed with sagaopt...). I rooted, I installed 4ext and I failed with CM-11. So I tried CM-13 and failed, I tried RUU and failed (because my version-main is something 13.xxx and RUU is of course 2.3.xxx). I don't remember averything I tried, but at some point, something went wrong. I also tried changing from ext3 to ext4, because I thought that would allow me to be sagaopt (stupid me).
And now, I can't go into hboot anymore (vol-down + power is not working) and I can't go into recovery (because of no hboot). When I start the phone, I get a silver HTC-logo on black screen with "!" in all four corners. BUT, at this stage, I still have fastboot when I connect it to my PC (no adb). And if I type in "fastboot oem boot" I can boot into my OS. I tried getting root again (SuperOneClick 2.2 using auto (==zergRush)), but it gets stuck at step 7 (waitingForDevice ->
export TEMPRANDOM=12646;export PS1=END:$TEMPRANDOM;mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /system
mount: Operation not permitted
END:12646export PS1="").

SO I would like you to help me

Minimum goal would be: phone boots OS without "fastboot oem boot". I would then just live with my Android 2.3. (I want to give it to my 8y kids to use it for spotify (that's the reason I would love to have limited user profiles).
Nice to have would be: get hboot/recovery back
Bonus stage would be: get root again
You are awesome, let me order you a pizza would be: get CM-11 (or 13) running

fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.00.0002
(bootloader) version-baseband: 3822.10.08.04_M
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 13.10.401.8
(bootloader) serialno: SH1BGTJ01751
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) product: saga
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-7230
(bootloader) modelid: PG88*****
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4134mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: ebd3df7d
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 12
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

Code:
Everything has already been written. Search this forum:
"stuck in fastboot RUU mode"
Code:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to ze7zez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ze7zez Ad-Free
14th April 2017, 06:22 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze7zez

Code:
Everything has already been written. Search this forum:
"stuck in fastboot RUU mode"
Code:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip

Hey ze7zez,

thanks for your reply. I was on a business trip, so I can only answer by now. The search for stuck in RUU didn't really helped me (I guess because I have too little knowledge). I found this thread kinda interesting, but all the links to files and tools are broken... It is already quite old, the Desire S
But I will try your suggestion with erase, etc... Just a (dumb?!?) question: the rom.zip would be then my CM-11, right?
I wonder if it is not possible to "just" leave the RUU-mode as a first step, so that I don't need a PC to "fastboot oem boot" to normally start the phone.
Since I am on a easter family trip for a few days and I don't have my "patient" with me, I will check next week again.

Thanks a lot so far,
FatalDiskError
15th April 2017, 08:26 AM |#4  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 696

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalDiskError

Hey ze7zez,

thanks for your reply. I was on a business trip, so I can only answer by now. The search for stuck in RUU didn't really helped me (I guess because I have too little knowledge). I found this thread kinda interesting, but all the links to files and tools are broken... It is already quite old, the Desire S
But I will try your suggestion with erase, etc... Just a (dumb?!?) question: the rom.zip would be then my CM-11, right?
I wonder if it is not possible to "just" leave the RUU-mode as a first step, so that I don't need a PC to "fastboot oem boot" to normally start the phone.
Since I am on a easter family trip for a few days and I don't have my "patient" with me, I will check next week again.

Thanks a lot so far,
FatalDiskError

I had no problems with the saga, so I can not tell you what will happen when you do something "on your own".

You did not write what links do not work.
All you need is ROM. You will find it on androidruu.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)