This are some pictures of Sailfish OS Version 1.x and 2.x ported to the Vision. This is still very Alpha but I wanted to show you that I am working on it again and that there is some progress.
Sailfish OS Version 1.x
ROM cm-10.1-20131028-UNOFFICIAL-vision-pff.zip (only for version 1.x)
Pre Alpha 1: ROM sailfishos-vision-release-184.108.40.206-guhl141001.zip (old)
Pre Alpha 2: ROM sailfishos-vision-release-220.127.116.11-guhl141025.zip (old)
Pre Alpha 3: ROM sailfishos-vision-release-18.104.22.168-guhl141028.zip (old)
Pre Alpha 4: ROM sailfishos-vision-release-22.214.171.124-guhl141109.zip (old)
Sailfish OS Version 2.x
ROM cm-11-20140405-UNOFFICIAL-vision-pff.zip (for version 2.x)
Alpha 1: ROM sailfishos-vision-release-126.96.36.199-guhl151229.zip (old)
Alpha 2: ROM sailfishos-vision-release-188.8.131.52-guhl151231.zip (old)
Alpha 3: ROM sailfishos-vision-release-184.108.40.206-guhl160102.zip (old)
Alpha 4: ROM sailfishos-vision-release-220.127.116.11-guhl160116.zip (current)
Sailfish OS Version 2.0.4.x (work in progress)
ROM cm-11-20161225-UNOFFICIAL-vision.zip (for version 2.0.4.x)
Alpha 5: sailfishos-vision-release-18.104.22.168-guhl161120.zip (old)
Alpha 6: sailfishos-vision-release-22.214.171.124-guhl161125.zip (old)
Alpha 7: sailfishos-vision-release-126.96.36.199-guhl161206.zip (current)
Remark: The installation of the correct CM (10.1 for SF 1.x and 11 for SF 2.x) image is only necessary once. So if you already did this the first time you can skip steps 2 and 4.2
1. Boot into Android Recovery and make sure that the sdcard is mounted
2. Upload the CM release: adb push cm-11-20161225-UNOFFICIAL-vision.zip /storage/sdcard0/
3. Upload Sailfish OS: adb push sailfishos-vision-release-188.8.131.52-guhl161206.zip /storage/sdcard0/
4. In the Recovery on the device:
4.1. Clear data and cache (factory reset)
4.2. Install the CM release by picking the CM image (this is needed so that the correct version of the binary libraries and firmware files are in place)
4.3. Install Sailfish OS by picking the SFOS image (this will take quite some time)
5. Reboot the device
After the initial boot (that will take some time) the language selection and initial setup will show.
At the step where it asks you to set up a Jolla Account you can skip this (the option to skip it is at the end of the text - scroll down do see the line)
After that it will take a while and then the Jolla tutorial should come up. You can skip the tutorial (it is hard to complete atm) by clicking the corners of the screen in the following sequence: Top-Left, Top-Right, Bottom-Right, Bottom-Left.
- During the tutorial the screen will hang several times (you might better skip it). The best thing to go forward is to press the power button to turn the screen off and on and then continue. This is very annoying, but I did not trace done the reason for this hangs yet.
- In Settings - Text Input: change the layout of the hardware keyboard to T-Mobile G2
- Proximity sensor does not work properly yet (it's stuck). Therefore one can not answer an incoming call as the screen will always stay blank. The proximity sensor can be disabled by triple pressing the powerbutton (phone will vibrate as a confirmation). After this phone calls work.
- Overclocking: in a terminal (ssh or telnet), after gaining root via devel-su you can set the maximum cpu scaling frequency with the following command: echo 1516800 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
This is still a Alpha ROM so do not expect it to work properly. See the change-log about the current status.
CM-11 Version 20161225
- fixed Camera support in the basic CM-11 rom (did not work before) this will be needed to make Camera work in SF
- mobile data connection works. (needs to be enabled in settings after first reboot)
- added zram swap
- updated ofono (telephony server) to 1.8. Disabled 4G. (phone needs reboot after initial setup to connect to network)
- Added telephony app
- initial working port of 184.108.40.206 based on a new CM11 rom
- Currently not working: mobile data, camera, ...
- fixed layout of the hardware keyboard (for the regular keys and based on the english G2 layout)
- improved screen hangs somewhat
- Added Openrepos warehouse
- disabled proximity sensor in mce
- fixed statfs access to battery status by mce
- working: mobile data connection
- Sailfish OS version 220.127.116.11 based on CM11
- Working: screen (some hangs), cell phone connection, sound (including phone calls), wifi, most of the sensors, hw-keyboard (without proper mapping)
- Not working: mobile data connection, camera
- Sailfish OS update to 18.104.22.168
- Keyboard mapping for the hardware keyboard (G2 based)
- Sound (output only, no routing)
- GSM - Incoming/Outgoing calls (but unusable as screen turns off caused by missing proximity sensor and no sound in)
- SMS - Incoming/Outgoing (usable besides screen distortions cause by the virtual keyboard)
- Mobile Data connection
- Warehouse pre-installed to install additional apps
- Screen (with some distortions in some places)
- Keyboard (very basic)
sledges, piggz, alin, mal- et al. from the #sailfish-porters IRC channel on freenode
These guys are doing amazing work and their competence and readiness to help reminds me of the good old days on #G2ROOT.
Without their support this would not have been possible!
Have fun - Guhl