FORUMS

Possibility of physical upgrade / better motherboard install for Desire Z ?

209 posts
Thanks Meter: 103

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all

I just bought a out-of-factory conditioned Desire Z on flea market. I had this phenomenal phone 6-7 years ago, and I bought it for 3 euros now

I fell in love again, this device is a lesson to all these new designers what a build quality and designer solutions are.

Reading couple of threads here, I figured, Desire Z became unusable. One can eventually use it for phone calls and SMS.

Seeing that the biggest problem is lack of RAM memory and possibility of upgrading to newer versions of android, couple of things came to mind:

Could it be possible to replace RAM chip ? I know from experience that many board manufacturers make RAM memory on top/underneath CPU chip, but if that is not the case, would it be possible to solder the same BGA layout chip with higher memory ?

Also, a wild idea, but would it be possible to install a board from a newer phone ? Form factor surely is a problem, but for example, LG G2 motherboard is really small, maybe some other motherboard could actually be fit in Desire Z ? If that would be somehow possible, all that remains are few tweaks on the system to make keyboard work.

Has anyone else thought about this, and maybe took it further than just an idea ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)