This is an unofficial ROM built from source by using portions from Nikez' Kernel code, Evervolv's Legacy code, HTC device and vendor files.
WARNING / TERMS & CONDITIONS:
THIS IS A REALLY REALLY PRE-ALPHA, STUFF ARE BOUND TO NOT WORK. BUILT FOR MY PRIVATE PLEASURE AND ONLY FOR TESTING PURPOSES.
FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY! DO NOT USE AS DAILY DRIVER!!!
Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE
Interested in Porting/Building BeanStalk on another device? Check out Post #3!
If you have building/development concerns or issues, Please visit the BeanStalk Development Thread to avoid cluttering this thread.
- CyanogenMod 13 based
- Built in Task Manager switcher
- OnTheGo Mode
- App Circle bar
- System UI Tuner
- Quicker system animations
- Trimmed down fat and excess bloat
- Option to enable all widgets
- Numerous extra lockscreen options
- LCD Density
- Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
- Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
- 3-minit battery support
- Clock and date options
- Contextual Header - Original and Polygraphic
- Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
- Do not disturb option
- Show notification count
- Recent screen options
- Customizable navigation bar
- Use Omniswitch as default recents
- Built-in screen record
- Toast animations
- App Circle bar
- Gesture Anywhere
- Disable FC warnings
- Disable Immersive message
- Force expanded Notifications
- Configure scrolling cache
- Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
- Less frequent Notification sounds options
- CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
- Enable/disable wake up on charge option
- Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
- CM Performance options and features
- Hide superuser icon
- Developer options and advanced reboot enabled by default
- Numerous cherry-picks and improvements throughout the build.. baked into the
awesomeness of existing CM layout.
- Numerous other options hidding throughout the build. For a full list of changes and features, please
be sure to checkout change log below.
- To be determined
Sorry, as of now there is no GAPPS support for HTC Desire!
For a complete listing of all supported BeanStalk devices and downloads, please visit BeanStalk Downloads page
If you agree with the above terms, download everything that is required from here. And please keep in mind that I am not responsible if you brick your device.
HTC Desire ROM Download - updated 2016/04/10
HTC Desire Kernel 3 for M - updated 2016/04/10
Fallback: HTC Desire Kernel 2 for M (Don't use unless K3 fails to be installed on your device) - updated 2016/02/14
HTC Desire TWRP Recovery for M - updated 2016/01/24
HTC Desire Hboot for M - updated 2016/01/15
BeanStalk Change log
Change log can also be found from within the ROM by going into settings menu -> about phone -> about beanstalk -> changelog
* Make a backup of your current ROM incl. app data, and then copy all contents of your SD card to your computer.
* Download ROM and additional stuff from the links above: boot.img (kernel), recovery-bravo-twrp-184.108.40.206.img (recovery for M) and PB99IMG.zip (hboot for Android 5 and 6).
* Install Android SDK on your computer (we will need later the fastboot tool to accomplish the rom installation).
* Switch to custom hboot for M by copying the PB99IMG.zip into the root folder in your sdcard.
* Reboot to bootloader screen and wait for the prompt to apply the update.
* Say yes to apply the update, say yes to reboot and immediately hold the vol down key pressed.
* Boot to recovery and wipe all partitions and reboot recovery.
* Follow this guide to properly format & partition your SD card (4ext method): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2125513 Credits @abaaaabbbb63. You are required to create two ext4-partitions( sd-ext1 at 1GB and sd-ext2 at 1.5GB) and also create a swap partition at 512mb (to gain better overall performance).
* Toggle USB storage to copy the ROM from above to sdcard.
* Properly eject the sdcard from your computer and then disconnect from USB in recovery.
* In recovery select reboot to bootloader.
* Ensure that you can access your device via fastboot (fastboot devices).
* Now the time has come to boot TWRP 220.127.116.11 recovery for Marshmallow. You are not required to install TWRP to become your permanent recovery. However, even if you want to, your attempt will miserably fail due to its big size (7.1MB). The recovery partition in our Desire is limited to 5MB.
* Copy both, recovery image and boot.img to the platform-tools folder in your Android-SDK.
* To boot recovery via fastboot use the following terminal commands:
* Now your phone should automatically boot TWRP. Please be aware that this recovery isn't very stable. In case that it gets stuck during the flashing of the rom, you will have to repeat boot up of TWRP and also need to wipe all partitions except for SD (TWRP > Wipe > Advanced Wipe.Code:spezi77@Lenovo-G710 ~ $ cd android-sdk/platform-tools/ spezi77@Lenovo-G710 ~/android-sdk/platform-tools $ su Password: Lenovo-G710 platform-tools # fastboot boot recovery-bravo-twrp-18.104.22.168.img < waiting for device > downloading 'boot.img'... OKAY [ 1.053s] booting... OKAY [ 0.000s] finished. total time: 1.054s
* Select install in TWRP to flash the ROM.
* When it is complete select restart system.
* Unfortunately, it won't boot up yet. This is because the kernel couldn't be installed due to unknown reasons. We need to use fastboot to flash the boot.img which is in place in your platform-tools folder.
* Select 'Reboot' from fastboot menuCode:Lenovo-G710 platform-tools # fastboot flash boot boot.img < waiting for device > sending 'boot' (3146 KB)... OKAY [ 0.488s] writing 'boot'... finished. total time: 0.489s
* Wait for the rom to make dex2oat compilation (5-10min) and enjoy BeanStalk goodness. In the rare case that it gets stuck during boot time, just remove the battery and this time restart without USB cable plugged.
BeanStalk source can be found HERE
HTC Desire kernel source HERE
Skylinerv33 - Graphics and bootanimation - Thanks!
Vaughn N - Endless support and help throughout the years.
Cyanogenmod - HERE
AICP - HERE
CRDRoid - HERE
Imoseyon, Flar2, Beanstown, anyone I forgot
Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE
MarshFellow xD, ROM for the HTC Desire
Source Code: https://github.com/scotthartbti
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: Custom hboot for Android 6
Based On: CyanogenMod
Last Updated 2016-05-27