A word by the device maintainer:
I am very enthusiastic to provide you with an unofficial SlimRom for the HTC Desire. Big thanks to original authors. This is currently by far the most relevant KitKat ROM available for the HTC Desire, so if you like it fast and fancy, this is the one for you.
Info about SlimRoms:
SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.
SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
- The Real Dark Slim
- Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
- Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
- Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
- System-Wide Keyboard Controls
- Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
- Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
- Camera Features
- Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.
slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.
Downloads - Download the rom and gapps.
- Slim-bravo-4.4.4.build.9.0-UNOFFICIAL-20170723-1445.zip (122.3 MB)
- spz_gapps-slimkat-2016-12-05.zip (65.8 MB)
Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.
- An hboot with at least 250mb on system. These include stock hboot or @jmcclue's 250/5/182 hboot - md5 7393e92a6d4f6b6060d236c27d944ad3
How to flash an hboot (simpliest way):
1) download the alpha jelly zip and ensure its integrity by checking against the md5
2) save the alpha jelly zip to the root of your SD card and rename it into PB99IMG.zip
3) reboot into bootloader
4) apply the update
5) enter recovery
6) format all partitions except SD card
7) reboot into recovery -- now you can flash the ROM
- The latest TWRP or 4EXT Recovery. Old versions of CWM may cause issues.
- A somewhat decently functioning brain (optional)
2. Installation Steps:
- Boot into recovery
- Full wipe *
- Flash ROM
- Boot the ROM and let it settle down for 2-3 minutes
- Enable A2SD from Terminal (Answer: Y/N/N) -> for details see below **
- Go to Settings > Security > And turn on "Advanced Reboot Menu"
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash GApps
- Start Play Store to load setup for WiFi, Google account, etc.
* Full wipe includes system, data, cache, dalvik cache, .android_secure and sd-ext
** Enable A2SD
- run Terminal Emulator
- type 'su' and press enter
- allow root access in the popup query
- type 'a2sd install' and press enter
- reply to questions in this order
--> y n n (dalvik to card - yes, data to card - no, reboot - no)
Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.
FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.
Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.
Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.
Disclaimer: SlimRoms and spezi77 are not responsible for any damages to your device.
Have a nice day!
SlimKat, ROM for the HTC Desire
Source Code: https://github.com/SlimKatLegacy
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x
Based On: SlimRoms
Current Stable Version: r8
Stable Release Date: 2017-07-23
Current Beta Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2015-12-31
Last Updated 2017-07-24