FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM][17/7/23][4.4.4] SlimKat | The slimmest & most secure KitKat ROM for HTC Desire!

2,566 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,606

By spezi77, Recognized Developer / Contributor on 31st December 2015, 06:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd January 2016, 10:27 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
could you please upload the HBOOT you mention in the first post?
in the thread u link to, the download is removed..

and when i use stock hboot I can't install apps, due to no free space after installing ur gapps.

*edit: ofc i did the su -> a2sd install -> yny...

4th January 2016, 01:34 AM |#22  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 741

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nO.One2

could you please upload the HBOOT you mention in the first post?
in the thread u link to, the download is removed..

and when i use stock hboot I can't install apps, due to no free space after installing ur gapps.

*edit: ofc i did the su -> a2sd install -> yny...

Custom_hboots.zip

I also use stock hboot and everything installs correctly.
Before installing the ROM execute "format all partitions (except sdcard)".
The Following User Says Thank You to ze7zez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ze7zez Ad-Free
4th January 2016, 11:39 AM |#23  
Flag rajvoSa
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I can't believe that my desire is working. Great work! I was just wondering, does xposed work?
4th January 2016, 12:41 PM |#24  
Flag Kraków

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _wook_

I was just wondering, does xposed work?

This is a thread developer.
Check yourself and share problems.

Questions best directed to Threads in Forum Desire Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
The Following User Says Thank You to ze7zez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ze7zez Ad-Free
4th January 2016, 01:52 PM |#25  
Flag rajvoSa
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze7zez

This is a thread developer.
Check yourself and share problems.

Questions best directed to Threads in Forum Desire Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

Tried xposed installer v32 and v33 and i have the message:
Code:
Xposed is not (yet) compatible with Android SDK version 19 or your processor architecture armeabi-v7a).
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android14AndroidRuntime5StartEPKcS2_" referenced by "/data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cachke/app_process"...
might be because of my partition layout?
EDIT:
Xposed installs so far (not tested the modules). I used Xposed v2.6.1 by SolarWarez, 20151129
Source: google
+
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=45188739 will be useful just in case...
5th January 2016, 05:42 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Many thanks for the ROM, nice'n'snazzy at least upon install! Here's my experience so far:

Bugs:
  • I can't adjust widgets/options of the lockscreen - when swiping down the lockscreen clock and clicking the 'settings' button that is revealed next to it I only get "Unfortunately, DashClock Widget has stopped."
  • When opening the Camera through some other apps (e.g. WhatsApp) the preview shows wacky artefacts, actually taking a picture works fine though (it looks like the preview image breaks at the wrong point, might have something to do with the changed dpi?)
  • Only one random crash/shutdown so far, happened at night so not sure what happened

Performance: I did y/y/y for a2sd, otherwise at least on my previous rom (CM7) I would only have been able to install an app or two because Google Services already took up half of the system memory for its appdata, and with CM7 the external appdata wasn't noticeable at all.

With SlimKat the system got extremely sluggish really quick when installing apps, I'm currently at 780MB apps + 73MB cache (my sd-ext is 2GB) and especially switching between apps is extremely slow. Individual apps can be snazzy once they're running but some background tasks (like installing an app) make the system completely unusable, when waking my phone even the lockscreen can take a few seconds to even render.... There's still 50+MB RAM available, so not sure what's going on.

In any case, looking forward to the next build! I'll see if noxdata helps with the performance and let you know!

Update: I re-did "a2sd install" with y/n/y which indeed left me with a fast ROM but too little space to install new apps, I also tried "a2sd xdata" after that but it gave me the same crazy performance hit as y/y/y, it wasn't anywhere near as bad under CM...
5th January 2016, 10:13 PM |#27  
Flag Kraków

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by obstacle3

(...)
With SlimKat the system got extremely sluggish really quick when installing apps, I'm currently at 780MB apps + 73MB cache (my sd-ext is 2GB) and especially switching between apps is extremely slow. (...)

First of all, notice that the OP wrote clearly:

1. Recommendations/Requirements:

- A 512mb - 1.5gb EXT partition (EXT4 recommended) on your sdcard.
6th January 2016, 03:17 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just did a clean install of the ROM with the updated gapps from 3 January and the Play store is not working for me any more, the black one never even loads my username/google image and I get "Error while retrieving information from server: [RPC:S-7:AEC-0 etc etc]" when trying to install something, with the white one I get RPC:S-7:AEC-7(!) instead.
6th January 2016, 10:22 AM |#29  
Flag Kraków

More
It would be best if you include logcat. I propose to do logcat command:
Code:
adb logcat -d > logcat_%date%_.txt
You send the file to the OP.
6th January 2016, 03:39 PM |#30  
OP Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag /home/xda
Thanks Meter: 5,606

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by obstacle3

Many thanks for the ROM, nice'n'snazzy at least upon install! Here's my experience so far:

Bugs:

• I can't adjust widgets/options of the lockscreen - when swiping down the lockscreen clock and clicking the 'settings' button that is revealed next to it I only get "Unfortunately, DashClock Widget has stopped."
  • When opening the Camera through some other apps (e.g. WhatsApp) the preview shows wacky artefacts, actually taking a picture works fine though (it looks like the preview image breaks at the wrong point, might have something to do with the changed dpi?)
  • Only one random crash/shutdown so far, happened at night so not sure what happened

Performance: I did y/y/y for a2sd, otherwise at least on my previous rom (CM7) I would only have been able to install an app or two because Google Services already

I confirm that LockscreenTargets is not working in this ROM. I will add it to the list of known issues. Thanks for reporting.

Camera preview distortion is not a bug in this ROM, but in the kernel. However, I believe that we will never get it fixed in the lifetime of HTC Desire. However, I don't consider it a big pain, as the primary function works.

About Performance:
The HTC Desire is not made for heavy app usage. You can do y/n/y for a2sd, to unlock the best performance in this ancient device, on the cost of limited space for apps. Y/n/y will store app data to the internal NAND and move the apk files to sd-ext as they are not needed frequently by the Android OS. Keeping app data in the internal NAND is beneficial to the app performance as the most read/write operations occur for app data.

Keeping app data in sd-ext (by doing y/y/y for a2sd) will allow you to run more apps on cost of performance. In this scenario, a2sd will store apk files and app data on sd-ext, slightly decreasing the ROM performance and your apps could turn slaggish when your SD card is the bottleneck (class 2). Perhaps if one has an ultra fast SD card, everything stays snappy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spezi77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2016, 03:32 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezi77

....Keeping app data in sd-ext (by doing y/y/y for a2sd) will allow you to run more apps on cost of performance. In this scenario, a2sd will store apk files and app data on sd-ext, slightly decreasing the ROM performance and your apps could turn slaggish when your SD card is the bottleneck (class 2). Perhaps if one has an ultra fast SD card, everything stays snappy.

I tried y/y/y with one of the best inexpensive ultra fast SD-card (Samsung EVO 16gb) and it worked awful over Slimkat but it actually works amazing over your CM11 that the reason I stick on CM11.

Best.
The Following User Says Thank You to taninos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift taninos Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)