Locked EVO 3D stuck with HTC logo at boot up

Search This thread

hudhood

Nov 6, 2008
Hi,

I have been searching for clue how to fix my HTC EVO 3D GSM. It has stucked at the HTC logo during boot up. I have searched everywhere for how to resolve the problem. I have seen a lot where it says you can flash the recovery etc. However, my phone is on S-ON and LOCKED. I have never flash the ROM. It has always been using the Stock HTC ROM Jellybean.

Here's the detail on Volume Down + Power

SHOOTER_U PVT SHIP S_ON RL
HBOOT-1.53.0007
eMMC-boot
May 22 2012, 01.06:07

I have tried these
- put the recovery PG86IMG.zip in the root of sdcard
- unlock, all worked including getting the unlock code, which was successful, but the reboot stops at HTC, after the same Volume Down + Power, still Locked.
- can't do the wiretrick since it is GSM or HBOOT 1.53, and can't downgrade, because it is Locked
- can't flash the boot img because it is still locked
- RUU from HTC, but it complained no phone is connected

I'm out of options. Is there any other way I can recover this phone?

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Hi,

I have been searching for clue how to fix my HTC EVO 3D GSM. It has stucked at the HTC logo during boot up. I have searched everywhere for how to resolve the problem. I have seen a lot where it says you can flash the recovery etc. However, my phone is on S-ON and LOCKED. I have never flash the ROM. It has always been using the Stock HTC ROM Jellybean.

Here's the detail on Volume Down + Power

SHOOTER_U PVT SHIP S_ON RL
HBOOT-1.53.0007
eMMC-boot
May 22 2012, 01.06:07

I have tried these
- put the recovery PG86IMG.zip in the root of sdcard
- unlock, all worked including getting the unlock code, which was successful, but the reboot stops at HTC, after the same Volume Down + Power, still Locked.
- can't do the wiretrick since it is GSM or HBOOT 1.53, and can't downgrade, because it is Locked
- can't flash the boot img because it is still locked
- RUU from HTC, but it complained no phone is connected

I'm out of options. Is there any other way I can recover this phone?
Put into fastboot mode to use ruu. Which version of windows are you using? I know anything newer then XP has driver issues.

Can flash ruu manually, run ruu it will extract rom.zip to a temp folder. Copy rom.zip.

Run these commands from directory with fastboot.exe and rom.zip in it.

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip

hudhood

Nov 6, 2008
I am running it from Windows XP. Yeah, connection is not an issue. After struggling with Windows 10.

I tried the command suggested, fastboot oem rebootRUU and got these messages

C:\Android\ADB>fastboot oem rebootRUU
(bootloader) Start Verify: 3
(bootloader) [SD/EMMC]Error status=0x400008
(bootloader) DATA_TIMEOUT
(bootloader) SD: write failed in CMD25.
(bootloader) [SD_HW_ERR] read data fail in CMD18
(bootloader) [SD_HW_ERR] SD: Read data fail..
(bootloader) [ERR] partition_read_emmc(732): error 2
(bootloader) erase sector 130560 ~ 131071 (512)
(bootloader) emmc_erase(1852): sd_write_sector failed!
OKAY [ 1.313s]
finished. total time: 1.328s

Looks like hardware failure to me. Is there anyway I can save the phone?

mhnx

Sep 23, 2010
Thessaloniki
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I am running it from Windows XP. Yeah, connection is not an issue. After struggling with Windows 10.

I tried the command suggested, fastboot oem rebootRUU and got these messages

C:\Android\ADB>fastboot oem rebootRUU
(bootloader) [SD/EMMC]Error status=0x400008
(bootloader) DATA_TIMEOUT
(bootloader) SD: write failed in CMD25.
(bootloader) [SD_HW_ERR] read data fail in CMD18
(bootloader) [SD_HW_ERR] SD: Read data fail..
(bootloader) [ERR] partition_read_emmc(732): error 2
(bootloader) erase sector 130560 ~ 131071 (512)
(bootloader) emmc_erase(1852): sd_write_sector failed!
OKAY [ 1.313s]
finished. total time: 1.328s

Looks like hardware failure to me. Is there anyway I can save the phone?
I think I've got an idea how to do the wiretrick but lets try the other way. You can unlock your device (the htc dev way), flash a recovery and wipe+install.

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk

hudhood

Nov 6, 2008
I think I've got an idea how to do the wiretrick but lets try the other way. You can unlock your device (the htc dev way), flash a recovery and wipe+install.

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk

I have tried unlocking the device the htc dev way, even though the unlocking code was successful, the phone still says it's locked. I have two phones of the same kind, the other one was unlocked without any problem. But this one, still remains locked.

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Did it reboot into ruu mode? Also sounds like a bad sdcard. Try a different one or remove altogether.

hudhood

Nov 6, 2008
Did it reboot into ruu mode? Also sounds like a bad sdcard. Try a different one or remove altogether.

It reboots and got stucked at the HTC logo. I had to remove the battery and volume down + power boot again. As for the sd card, I tried another sd card, and gave me the same error. Both sd card worked fine on another phone HTC EVO 3D.

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
It reboots and got stucked at the HTC logo. I had to remove the battery and volume down + power boot again. As for the sd card, I tried another sd card, and gave me the same error. Both sd card worked fine on another phone HTC EVO 3D.
Is it a black HTC screen?