FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TWRP Experiments Thread

2,976 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,225

Thread Closed Email Thread
I am creating this thread as a means to share some of my mods/hacks of TWRP with you all.

The first of this series(I hope....) is a F2FS Compatible TWRP 2.8.0.0 distribution :

1. Full TWRP 2.8.0.0 feature set with F2FS now supported. You will need a compatible kernel to use it and remember, it will NEVER be able to change the FS on your NAND memory.

2. NAND is pretty much everything other than your sd-ext, which can be wiped safely.

Download Link : Basketbuild

This will require ramdisk hacks on both the kernel and the recovery to wipe system and data. I have not included the required hacks in this edition because of some time issues but they will definitely be included on a future edition of this mod.

Next up : Fully functional F2FS setup....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSF Jarvis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MSF Jarvis Ad-Free

20th December 2015, 03:39 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Ghaziabad

Donate to Me
More
The second experimental build is:

Non DT2L 2.8.0.0 image.

Up to this point I've been using CodyKernel sources in my compilation and the wake mods in that kernel are awesome. What isn't awesome is this wake mods in my recovery builds. My touch panel has been replaced once so it has ghost touches which keep locking TWRP every two seconds or so. Very irritating. So I've disabled the wake mods and done a new build with F2FS for everyone with my same problem to try.

Download : Basketbuild
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSF Jarvis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MSF Jarvis Ad-Free
20th December 2015, 02:35 PM |#3  
Flag Ghaziabad

Donate to Me
More
I probably should have waited, but @z31s1g committed a Material UI into TWRP. Not a big thing. But it supports MDPI !!! Last time I built 2.8.7.0, it came out AWFUL. With properly resized drawables available, I think I'll try 2.8.7.0 again. Should look better

Sent from my HTC Desire 616 dual sim customised for Puchki using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSF Jarvis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MSF Jarvis Ad-Free
31st December 2015, 12:27 PM |#4  
Flag Ghaziabad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF Jarvis

I probably should have waited, but @z31s1g committed a Material UI into TWRP. Not a big thing. But it supports MDPI !!! Last time I built 2.8.7.0, it came out AWFUL. With properly resized drawables available, I think I'll try 2.8.7.0 again. Should look better

Sent from my HTC Desire 616 dual sim customised for Puchki using Tapatalk

Sure does

Sent from my Explorer A310e using Tapatalk
1st January 2016, 04:37 AM |#5  
Flag Ghaziabad

Donate to Me
More
I've got an idea - porting aw3som3 and @kirmaniarslan's F2FS mod to this new version so that everyone has the latest version regardless of the ROM they're using.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSF Jarvis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MSF Jarvis Ad-Free
1st January 2016, 07:21 PM |#6  
Flag Ghaziabad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF Jarvis

I've got an idea - porting aw3som3 and @kirmaniarslan's F2FS mod to this new version so that everyone has the latest version regardless of the ROM they're using.

Done. Downloads :
CM-12.1 Recovery
aw3som3
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MSF Jarvis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MSF Jarvis Ad-Free
28th March 2016, 08:12 PM |#8  
Flag Ghaziabad

Donate to Me
More
Non-aw3som3/awesom3 JB compatible TWRP 3.0.0-2 images are now available. I have added the "for JB ROMs" label at appropriate locations to easily identify that within the recovery.

On special request of @hrkh83!
24th July 2016, 10:09 AM |#9  
Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,937

More
Thread closed at OP's request.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread