FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][5.1.1] Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 for HTC Incredible S [04/02/2016]

877 posts
Thanks Meter: 658
 
Post Reply Email Thread
CyanogenMod 12.1 for HTC Incredible S


CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
*
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

About CyanogenMod
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Not Working / Bugs
  • Rotation of capacitive soft keys (intentional)
  • Graphical distortion in photos taken using the front camera

How to Install
  • Download the ROM from below
  • Download GApps (I recommend Pico, because it will keep your phone running fast)
  • Download and install this recovery
  • Attach the phone to your computer
  • Copy the ROM to your phone
  • Copy the GApps to your phone
  • Boot into recovery
  • If this is your first time installing this ROM then factory reset the phone from recovery
  • If you want to upgrade the ROM, flash the new version on top, and only wipe cache and dalvik cache
  • Go to Install and select the ROM zip file
  • After ROM has finished installing, flash the GApps
  • Go to Reboot -> System
  • First boot will take long time, depending on the GApps you have flashed
  • After the phone is booted, it might be hot, because it was booting for a long time (~5 mins for Pico GApps)
  • If the phone is hot, then Power Off and let it rest for a while. Then turn it on and set up the phone.

Download
CM12.1 Version 2.0 - 04/02/2016
Google Apps (Pico package recommend for optimal performance)


XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 12.1 for HTC Incredible S, ROM for the HTC Incredible S

Contributors
rqmok
Source Code: https://github.com/rqmok/android_dev...o/tree/cm-12.1

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: HBOOT 2.0, TWRP 2.8.7.0
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Status: Beta
Current Beta Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2016-01-22

Created 2016-01-22
Last Updated 2016-02-04
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to rqmok For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rqmok Ad-Free
 
 
22nd January 2016, 09:31 AM |#2  
rqmok's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 658
 
Donate to Me
More
Changelog

04/02/2016
- Revert to original data layout
- Fix Audio in calls
- Upgrade SMD to PKG4
- Switch to OpenDesireProject device source (adapted from saga - Thanks ODP)
- Enable Cypress TMA touchscreen driver (I don't know if anyone has this)
- Set Intelliactive as Default CPU Governor
- Clean up sensors and lights code
- Remove useless audio code in kernel
- Fix GPS

21/01/2016
- CyanogenMod 12.1 for HTC Incredible S
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rqmok For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rqmok Ad-Free
22nd January 2016, 09:33 AM |#3  
rqmok's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 658
 
Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rqmok For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rqmok Ad-Free
22nd January 2016, 09:37 AM |#4  
vuvkar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
thanks bro
22nd January 2016, 09:58 AM |#5  
szezso's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Budakalász
Thanks Meter: 12,818
 
Donate to Me
More
Congrats bro! I can help you in fixing the capacitive button's rotation, if you need.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szezso For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift szezso Ad-Free
22nd January 2016, 10:47 AM |#6  
rqmok's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 658
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by szezso

Congrats bro! I can help you in fixing the capacitive button's rotation, if you need.

I know how to fix that. I just didn't on purpose because I have to change frameworks repo, which means I have to fork it, which means I have to keep periodically merge updates in repo from CyanogenMod.
In short, I am just too lazy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rqmok For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rqmok Ad-Free
22nd January 2016, 01:17 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rqmok

I know how to fix that. I just didn't on purpose because I have to change frameworks repo, which means I have to fork it, which means I have to keep periodically merge updates in repo from CyanogenMod.
In short, I am just too lazy

Will install this evening and report back, thanks...

Actually don't care too much about the capacitive button rotation...
The Automatic Brightness however really makes a difference in useability... Any idea how to enable that?
22nd January 2016, 01:42 PM |#8  
rqmok's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 658
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernoken

Will install this evening and report back, thanks...

Actually don't care too much about the capacitive button rotation...
The Automatic Brightness however really makes a difference in useability... Any idea how to enable that?

I think the light sensor is not functioning properly. I will check again.
But, is it possbile for you to check this as well?
22nd January 2016, 11:01 PM |#9  
davidchuyaya's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
I just installed the ROM (along with TWRP), and everything is running great!
Thank you @rqmok for making the Inc S live once more (I honestly thought dev was dead for good)
Here's my general thoughts after using for around 3 hours

Pros (compared to @szezso's ROM):
- Video recording fixed
- Feels like there's more RAM? Could be just me, but apps are staying in bg for longer
- Some things are definitely faster, like opening Play Store

Cons :
- I can't change what the capacitive buttons (hamburger menu or search) do. Probably has to do with what you said about not forking CM's repo.
- Google camera still crashes when you try to go into its settings. I have no idea why, it's kind of Google's fault, and this happened on szezso's ROM too, so no big worries. Google camera's photo quality is quite horrible anyway. I sure miss HTC noise reduction and image stabilization though...
- Nothing else at the moment? I'll let you know what I think after a few more days (battery life, performance after all apps are installed, etc).

Again, thanks so much @rqmok!

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Ok the phone appears to be completely silent (used to have sound too...not sure why)
And upon restart, I get a dialog saying com.android.phone has crashed, then the phone hangs and the only way to turn it off is by removing the battery

The sound reappears after I rebooted again, but calls are still silent
Also, I'm unable to make calls
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davidchuyaya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davidchuyaya Ad-Free
23rd January 2016, 01:51 AM |#10  
rqmok's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 658
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidchuyaya

I just installed the ROM (along with TWRP), and everything is running great!
Thank you @rqmok for making the Inc S live once more (I honestly thought dev was dead for good)
Here's my general thoughts after using for around 3 hours

Pros (compared to @szezso's ROM):
- Video recording fixed
- Feels like there's more RAM? Could be just me, but apps are staying in bg for longer
- Some things are definitely faster, like opening Play Store

Cons :
- I can't change what the capacitive buttons (hamburger menu or search) do. Probably has to do with what you said about not forking CM's repo.
- Google camera still crashes when you try to go into its settings. I have no idea why, it's kind of Google's fault, and this happened on szezso's ROM too, so no big worries. Google camera's photo quality is quite horrible anyway. I sure miss HTC noise reduction and image stabilization though...
- Nothing else at the moment? I'll let you know what I think after a few more days (battery life, performance after all apps are installed, etc).

Again, thanks so much @rqmok!

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Ok the phone appears to be completely silent (used to have sound too...not sure why)
And upon restart, I get a dialog saying com.android.phone has crashed, then the phone hangs and the only way to turn it off is by removing the battery

The sound reappears after I rebooted again, but calls are still silent
Also, I'm unable to make calls

Unable to make any calls? So, when you make a call, what does the ROM say?
Also, relating to the sound going silent, did you install any apps of any sort that you think would do this? Or did you change any settings?

EDIT: Hello. I have been running the ROM for an entire week, and I didn't have any problems like this. I still have audio working. I can also make and receive calls, but there is no in-call audio. I will try to fix this as soon as possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to rqmok For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rqmok Ad-Free
23rd January 2016, 03:01 AM |#11  
davidchuyaya's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rqmok

Unable to make any calls? So, when you make a call, what does the ROM say?
Also, relating to the sound going silent, did you install any apps of any sort that you think would do this? Or did you change any settings?

EDIT: Hello. I have been running the ROM for an entire week, and I didn't have any problems like this. I still have audio working. I can also make and receive calls, but there is no in-call audio. I will try to fix this as soon as possible.

The ROM doesn't say anything.
The phone says "calling" the way it would usually, but there's no sound.
Then the phone acts as if the other person has picked up and starts counting time.
Two things I've noticed:
1. The other person DOES NOT receive the incoming call. I know because I held the other phone in my hands, and it did not ring. HOWEVER, when the other phone calls, mine does ring, I just hear no sound after answering
2. No money is subtracted from my prepaid account. That means no time was actually spent on network? I'm not sure.

I don't believe any apps would've done this (all the apps I've installed are the apps I've installed on szezso's ROM), and my volume profile is normal. If you need a logcat just tell me. By the way, have you tried calling anyone else on your Inc S? Does it work for you? If it does, I'll do a clean reinstall and see what happens. Right now, my phone is incapable of making ANY sounds at all.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes