[ROM][5.1.1] Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 for HTC Incredible S [04/02/2016]

Search This thread

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
CyanogenMod 12.1 for HTC Incredible S​
logo.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

About CyanogenMod
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Not Working / Bugs
  • Rotation of capacitive soft keys (intentional)
  • Graphical distortion in photos taken using the front camera

How to Install
  • Download the ROM from below
  • Download GApps (I recommend Pico, because it will keep your phone running fast)
  • Download and install this recovery
  • Attach the phone to your computer
  • Copy the ROM to your phone
  • Copy the GApps to your phone
  • Boot into recovery
  • If this is your first time installing this ROM then factory reset the phone from recovery
  • If you want to upgrade the ROM, flash the new version on top, and only wipe cache and dalvik cache
  • Go to Install and select the ROM zip file
  • After ROM has finished installing, flash the GApps
  • Go to Reboot -> System
  • First boot will take long time, depending on the GApps you have flashed
  • After the phone is booted, it might be hot, because it was booting for a long time (~5 mins for Pico GApps)
  • If the phone is hot, then Power Off and let it rest for a while. Then turn it on and set up the phone.

Download
CM12.1 Version 2.0 - 04/02/2016
Google Apps (Pico package recommend for optimal performance)

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 12.1 for HTC Incredible S, ROM for the HTC Incredible S

Contributors
rqmok
Source Code: https://github.com/rqmok/android_device_htc_vivo/tree/cm-12.1

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: HBOOT 2.0, TWRP 2.8.7.0
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2016-01-22

Created 2016-01-22
Last Updated 2016-02-04

Last edited:

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Changelog

04/02/2016
- Revert to original data layout
- Fix Audio in calls
- Upgrade SMD to PKG4
- Switch to OpenDesireProject device source (adapted from saga - Thanks ODP)
- Enable Cypress TMA touchscreen driver (I don't know if anyone has this)
- Set Intelliactive as Default CPU Governor
- Clean up sensors and lights code
- Remove useless audio code in kernel
- Fix GPS

21/01/2016
- CyanogenMod 12.1 for HTC Incredible S

Last edited:

Infernoken

Apr 30, 2010
I know how to fix that. I just didn't on purpose because I have to change frameworks repo, which means I have to fork it, which means I have to keep periodically merge updates in repo from CyanogenMod.
In short, I am just too lazy :p
Will install this evening and report back, thanks...

Actually don't care too much about the capacitive button rotation...
The Automatic Brightness however really makes a difference in useability... Any idea how to enable that?

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Will install this evening and report back, thanks...

Actually don't care too much about the capacitive button rotation...
The Automatic Brightness however really makes a difference in useability... Any idea how to enable that?

I think the light sensor is not functioning properly. I will check again.
But, is it possbile for you to check this as well?

davidchuyaya

Apr 8, 2013
HTC 10
Google Pixel 5a
I just installed the ROM (along with TWRP), and everything is running great!
Thank you @rqmok for making the Inc S live once more (I honestly thought dev was dead for good)
Here's my general thoughts after using for around 3 hours

Pros (compared to @szezso's ROM):
- Video recording fixed
- Feels like there's more RAM? Could be just me, but apps are staying in bg for longer
- Some things are definitely faster, like opening Play Store

Cons :
- I can't change what the capacitive buttons (hamburger menu or search) do. Probably has to do with what you said about not forking CM's repo.
- Google camera still crashes when you try to go into its settings. I have no idea why, it's kind of Google's fault, and this happened on szezso's ROM too, so no big worries. Google camera's photo quality is quite horrible anyway. I sure miss HTC noise reduction and image stabilization though...
- Nothing else at the moment? I'll let you know what I think after a few more days (battery life, performance after all apps are installed, etc).

Again, thanks so much @rqmok!

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Ok the phone appears to be completely silent (used to have sound too...not sure why)
And upon restart, I get a dialog saying com.android.phone has crashed, then the phone hangs and the only way to turn it off is by removing the battery

The sound reappears after I rebooted again, but calls are still silent
Also, I'm unable to make calls

Last edited:

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
I just installed the ROM (along with TWRP), and everything is running great!
Thank you @rqmok for making the Inc S live once more (I honestly thought dev was dead for good)
Here's my general thoughts after using for around 3 hours

Pros (compared to @szezso's ROM):
- Video recording fixed
- Feels like there's more RAM? Could be just me, but apps are staying in bg for longer
- Some things are definitely faster, like opening Play Store

Cons :
- I can't change what the capacitive buttons (hamburger menu or search) do. Probably has to do with what you said about not forking CM's repo.
- Google camera still crashes when you try to go into its settings. I have no idea why, it's kind of Google's fault, and this happened on szezso's ROM too, so no big worries. Google camera's photo quality is quite horrible anyway. I sure miss HTC noise reduction and image stabilization though...
- Nothing else at the moment? I'll let you know what I think after a few more days (battery life, performance after all apps are installed, etc).

Again, thanks so much @rqmok!

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Ok the phone appears to be completely silent (used to have sound too...not sure why)
And upon restart, I get a dialog saying com.android.phone has crashed, then the phone hangs and the only way to turn it off is by removing the battery

The sound reappears after I rebooted again, but calls are still silent
Also, I'm unable to make calls

Unable to make any calls? So, when you make a call, what does the ROM say?
Also, relating to the sound going silent, did you install any apps of any sort that you think would do this? Or did you change any settings?

EDIT: Hello. I have been running the ROM for an entire week, and I didn't have any problems like this. I still have audio working. I can also make and receive calls, but there is no in-call audio. I will try to fix this as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: interaser

davidchuyaya

Apr 8, 2013
HTC 10
Google Pixel 5a
Unable to make any calls? So, when you make a call, what does the ROM say?
Also, relating to the sound going silent, did you install any apps of any sort that you think would do this? Or did you change any settings?

EDIT: Hello. I have been running the ROM for an entire week, and I didn't have any problems like this. I still have audio working. I can also make and receive calls, but there is no in-call audio. I will try to fix this as soon as possible.
The ROM doesn't say anything.
The phone says "calling" the way it would usually, but there's no sound.
Then the phone acts as if the other person has picked up and starts counting time.
Two things I've noticed:
1. The other person DOES NOT receive the incoming call. I know because I held the other phone in my hands, and it did not ring. HOWEVER, when the other phone calls, mine does ring, I just hear no sound after answering
2. No money is subtracted from my prepaid account. That means no time was actually spent on network? I'm not sure.

I don't believe any apps would've done this (all the apps I've installed are the apps I've installed on szezso's ROM), and my volume profile is normal. If you need a logcat just tell me. By the way, have you tried calling anyone else on your Inc S? Does it work for you? If it does, I'll do a clean reinstall and see what happens. Right now, my phone is incapable of making ANY sounds at all.

Last edited:

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
The ROM doesn't say anything.
The phone says "calling" the way it would usually, but there's no sound.
Then the phone acts as if the other person has picked up and starts counting time.
Two things I've noticed:
1. The other person DOES NOT receive the incoming call. I know because I held the other phone in my hands, and it did not ring. HOWEVER, when the other phone calls, mine does ring, I just hear no sound after answering
2. No money is subtracted from my prepaid account. That means no time was actually spent on network? I'm not sure.

I don't believe any apps would've done this (all the apps I've installed are the apps I've installed on szezso's ROM), and my volume profile is normal. If you need a logcat just tell me. By the way, have you tried calling anyone else on your Inc S? Does it work for you? If it does, I'll do a clean reinstall and see what happens. Right now, my phone is incapable of making ANY sounds at all.

Yes, I have tried calling my brother's number with both phones in my hands. I have called both ways, and the call connects, but there is no audio in the call.
If you can provide a logcat that would be nice.

davidchuyaya

Apr 8, 2013
HTC 10
Google Pixel 5a
Here you go. Some things may be in Chinese (because that's what I set the language as), so tell me if you need translations.

By the way, do you think you're going to get a fix on this soon? Because my Inc S is still my daily, so I'll need to use it the latest by Monday

Attachments

• noSound.txt
    497.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Here you go. Some things may be in Chinese (because that's what I set the language as), so tell me if you need translations.

By the way, do you think you're going to get a fix on this soon? Because my Inc S is still my daily, so I'll need to use it the latest by Monday

I'm sorry, I don't think I can get a fix for this by Monday.
If you want to revert back to some other ROM, then flash szezso's recovery and wipe/format everything (including internal storage), then you can install the older ROM.
I'm really sorry this had to happen. I will try to get a fix for this in the next week.
Until then, everyone who needs the call feature should not install this ROM.

EDIT: By the way, have you tried calling someone else as well?

EDIT: Which phone carrier are you with? And which phone carrier was the phone which didn't receive the call?

Last edited:

davidchuyaya

Apr 8, 2013
HTC 10
Google Pixel 5a
I'm sorry, I don't think I can get a fix for this by Monday.
If you want to revert back to some other ROM, then flash szezso's recovery and wipe/format everything (including internal storage), then you can install the older ROM.
I'm really sorry this had to happen. I will try to get a fix for this in the next week.
Until then, everyone who needs the call feature should not install this ROM.

EDIT: By the way, have you tried calling someone else as well?

EDIT: Which phone carrier are you with? And which phone carrier was the phone which didn't receive the call?
It's totally fine man. Always here to support dev
I have not tried calling anyone else
My phone network is H2O Wireless (which uses AT&T's network), and I called someone with Verizon Wireless
I already backed up the ROM so reverting will be quicker if necessary
although backing up szezso's ROM is impossible (due to mounting /data or something) so that's slightly annoying

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hello.
I am currently trying to fix the audio bug during calls. I just saw that I was missing some important audio files. The files were there, but they weren't being included in the package. So, I have included those and need someone to test. I will be making some other small changes in the kernel as well. So, if someone wants to volunteer for the testing, then please pm me. I will switch the ROM back to the original data layout just for testing, so it will be easier to install. Why am I asking for a tester? The SIM I was using is not available to me any more, so I cannot test.

Also, @davidchuyaya I think your problem is only specific to you, since I was able to make calls. But, let's just see what the tester has to say first.

EDIT: I have gotten two testers. That will be enough. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

IamLexx

Jan 27, 2016
Maybe you change ROM flash metod back? Before new layout? We can test it all. Or find same new bags.

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hello guys. This is an update.
It seems the performance of the ROM is laggy, so I am also trying to fix that.
I have fixed the RIL, so that should be working now. But I am still waiting for someone to test it.
Also, I am going to switch the ROM back to the normal data layout, because it seems people were having problems with the new layout.
I will try to release the new version in the next week or so.

IamLexx

Jan 27, 2016
Hello guys. This is an update.
It seems the performance of the ROM is laggy, so I am also trying to fix that.
I have fixed the RIL, so that should be working now. But I am still waiting for someone to test it.
Also, I am going to switch the ROM back to the normal data layout, because it seems people were having problems with the new layout.
I will try to release the new version in the next week or so.

Whell. When it comes in old layout i will test it. Cant install new TWRP. Win10x64 maybe. Not mater.
Upd. Having dealt with TWRP. I had to using PG32IMG and do it five times, but then it saw the SD card. I try out a new firmware. Very nice! It looks and wark very promising. Just like all the sound does not work when calling. No dial tone. But it turns calls other phones is true as there is no sound. Later gladly try new firmware version. Sory for translate by google translater.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 12.1 for HTC Incredible S​
    logo.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

About CyanogenMod
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Not Working / Bugs
    • Rotation of capacitive soft keys (intentional)
    • Graphical distortion in photos taken using the front camera

How to Install
    • Download the ROM from below
    • Download GApps (I recommend Pico, because it will keep your phone running fast)
    • Download and install this recovery
    • Attach the phone to your computer
    • Copy the ROM to your phone
    • Copy the GApps to your phone
    • Boot into recovery
    • If this is your first time installing this ROM then factory reset the phone from recovery
    • If you want to upgrade the ROM, flash the new version on top, and only wipe cache and dalvik cache
    • Go to Install and select the ROM zip file
    • After ROM has finished installing, flash the GApps
    • Go to Reboot -> System
    • First boot will take long time, depending on the GApps you have flashed
    • After the phone is booted, it might be hot, because it was booting for a long time (~5 mins for Pico GApps)
    • If the phone is hot, then Power Off and let it rest for a while. Then turn it on and set up the phone.

Download
    CM12.1 Version 2.0 - 04/02/2016
    Google Apps (Pico package recommend for optimal performance)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 for HTC Incredible S, ROM for the HTC Incredible S

Contributors
    rqmok
    Source Code: https://github.com/rqmok/android_device_htc_vivo/tree/cm-12.1

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: HBOOT 2.0, TWRP 2.8.7.0
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2016-01-22

Created 2016-01-22
    Last Updated 2016-02-04
    Hey guys. I have been able to revert the ROM back to the older data layout. RIL and sound is fixed.
    I was about to release the ROM, but I decided to test everything before releasing. Then I suddenly found out that the camera is not working any more.
    I don't know what happened to it, and I don't know how to fix it, but I am trying the best I can.
    Hello.
    I am currently trying to fix the audio bug during calls. I just saw that I was missing some important audio files. The files were there, but they weren't being included in the package. So, I have included those and need someone to test. I will be making some other small changes in the kernel as well. So, if someone wants to volunteer for the testing, then please pm me. I will switch the ROM back to the original data layout just for testing, so it will be easier to install. Why am I asking for a tester? The SIM I was using is not available to me any more, so I cannot test.

Also, @davidchuyaya I think your problem is only specific to you, since I was able to make calls. But, let's just see what the tester has to say first.

EDIT: I have gotten two testers. That will be enough. Thanks guys.
    @rqmok is there any news about the rom progress? :)

Actually, I've been working on CM13, but I am currently having a huge problem with camera. Very frustrating ... :crying:
    *If you have not read my previous post then please read. It may not concern you, but please read it anyway.*

OK guys. I have reverted the ROM to the original data layout. Please go ahead and install the ROM. If any issues are found then please report, and I will add them to the bug list, and try to fix them as soon as possible.
    And yes, you don't have to do anything special in this ROM. Just install it like you have always installed @szezso's ROMs. Also, I have also changed the TWRP recovery back to the original data layout. So, you can use my recovery, or the recovery compiled by @szezso.
    I will be very busy this month, because I have an exam coming. So, if I am not able to fix bugs, then I apologise in advance.