Welcome to 2015!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2776902
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 2776902

Welcome to 2015 Droid Incredible! This thing will be 5 years old soon, crazy! For some of us, this was our first smartphone, or our first foray into the world of Android.

I got mine on launch day April 29, 2010. Stood outside of Verizon in a line waiting to get my hands on it.

GXzZpVsl.png

Anyone else out there still hanging on to theirs? I've got mine and while it's taken quite a beating over time it still functions 100%. I've been through seven other phones since, and the Incredible holds the crown of longest continuous usage of two and a half years before upgrading (held out for the GS III when it launched). I've kept it because A. It was my first smartphone, and B. It isn't worth enough to sell :p

It still makes a great secondary device. MP3 player, camera, IP camera, WiFi browser, messaging device, game device for the kids, and others. Still running CM7.2 with an ICS theme. I've found it to be the most stable over the last 3 years and it doesn't miss a beat.

2015 folks!

IotNsaAl.jpg

I know not many still come to this ancient section of the forums, but I still see a few of you from the Incredible's hay day around here. I remember Tiny, Pons, Jermaine, ihtfp69 (skyraider), Chad, WildStang, Vernox, HeyItsLou, Chingy, cmlusco, incubus26jc, Invisiblek, Newt, wdfowty, 00McD00, and many more who made this device what it was.

BluGuy

Jun 22, 2011
Enterprise
I still have mine lying around somewhere. I think I only picked it up once after I moved to the Note 2 and thought, how did I ever use such a small screen lol. Now I'm on a OnePlus One and off of Verizon.

The Incredible was my first smart phone and I'm glad it was.

Reactions: BoKnows?

rhorton

Nov 26, 2007
Still in Use

I still use mine as a great Blu Tooth MP3 player... I even just purchased a bigger extended battery for next to nothing and a 64 gb sd card to hold more music! I still love this phone.. and I could use it as a backup if my current one ever dies (Droid Turbo)

bbeelzebub

May 11, 2010
Beverly Hills, CA
I just stopped by to see if people were still using this phone. I sold my back to Verizon for 200 bucks when they were doing a Trade In special when I got my Note 4.

I still have fond memories of it, but boy could I never go back to such a tiny screen.

dcooterfrog

Dec 12, 2008
i used mine as a backup 3 weeks ago. before that I was using it as an mp3 player.
i just bought another one form my daughter to use asn a mp3 palyer.

xman0o1

Dec 13, 2010
Old Inc for mp3 player

Hi this was my first android phone and haven't switched back since. I was wondering if anyone still has any old rom's laying around. I know I have a couple recent ones but I want one that is stable to run google play music as an mp3 player.

dcooterfrog

Dec 12, 2008
i have been using evervolv kitkat. it lets me install all the regular modern apps. I use poweramp and tasker to make it start and stop when it gets power in the car.. 64 gb sd card works fine as well.
i dont care if it gets mms or video recording.

Reizvoller

Apr 22, 2011
Texas
My Turbo Broke

But this still works and I am using it today! It's actually why I am on these threads at the moment, looking for a simple solid ROM to load up into it. The last time I played with my Incredible was for the sake of booting Windows 95 on it for laughs. I need to make phone calls and not play solitaire though! :p

So yay Incredible, it's like the "Nokia" of androids from my personal experience (( I"m SURE other folks have had different experiences, thoughts, opinions. That's just my own lol ))

dcooterfrog

Dec 12, 2008
But this still works and I am using it today! It's actually why I am on these threads at the moment, looking for a simple solid ROM to load up into it. The last time I played with my Incredible was for the sake of booting Windows 95 on it for laughs. I need to make phone calls and not play solitaire though! :p

So yay Incredible, it's like the "Nokia" of androids from my personal experience (( I"m SURE other folks have had different experiences, thoughts, opinions. That's just my own lol ))
the only thing that did not work with evervolve was mms and video recording.
added a program to display the on screen nav buttons and one to dim the capacitive buttons and its a nice little kitkat phone if a bit slow.

RepeatUntilTheEnd

Aug 21, 2012
Tampa
Still going strong

I knew someone would have a thread like this going! :highfive: I was curious how many of these things are left on the planet haha

The Droid Incredible was my first smartphone. I'm even kept my Verizon unlimited data plan! I've been buying my phones off contract since the dinc - went to the Galaxy Nexus, and now the Moto X 2014. I'm most likely going to buy the Nexus 6P within the next few months.

Anyway, the incredible is rocking almost as good as the day I bought it. The battery drains pretty quick, but that's to be expected. I'm running Cyanogen 7.2.0 and it's super snappy. App updates still roll through every once in awhile, but I run Airplane Mode WiFi to keep the radio off. I recently bought a house and, to cut costs, I figured out how to USB tether my Moto X to my laptop and then broadcast WiFi to the dinc. It's a pretty ridiculous setup, but I'm going through over 100GB of data for $86/month and no home cable/internet bill *suck it Verizon*

The dinc was such an awesome first smartphone. I learned how to root/rom with it and the knowledge about Android I gained has always earned me guru status with everyone I meet that asks about smartphones. Keep on keepin' on everybody. I'll be stopping in these forums for a while, I'm sure.

D

Deleted member 2776902

I knew someone would have a thread like this going! :highfive: I was curious how many of these things are left on the planet haha

The Droid Incredible was my first smartphone. I'm even kept my Verizon unlimited data plan! I've been buying my phones off contract since the dinc - went to the Galaxy Nexus, and now the Moto X 2014. I'm most likely going to buy the Nexus 6P within the next few months.

Anyway, the incredible is rocking almost as good as the day I bought it. The battery drains pretty quick, but that's to be expected. I'm running Cyanogen 7.2.0 and it's super snappy. App updates still roll through every once in awhile, but I run Airplane Mode WiFi to keep the radio off. I recently bought a house and, to cut costs, I figured out how to USB tether my Moto X to my laptop and then broadcast WiFi to the dinc. It's a pretty ridiculous setup, but I'm going through over 100GB of data for $86/month and no home cable/internet bill *suck it Verizon*

The dinc was such an awesome first smartphone. I learned how to root/rom with it and the knowledge about Android I gained has always earned me guru status with everyone I meet that asks about smartphones. Keep on keepin' on everybody. I'll be stopping in these forums for a while, I'm sure.

Probably not many at this point, though I still find people using iPhone 3GS/4 every once in a while. Not so much with older Android devices.

The 6P is a beast and would be a good upgrade to the Moto X (I had a '14 for a decent bit of time). Last Android phone I had was the 5X last month but I sent it back because of battery life and random sluggishness getting in the way of using it. Probably software related but I'm very happy with my iPhone 6s at the moment. If I had gone with the 6P I'll bet I'd still be using it.

Yeah, my battery is pretty much shot but it's a 1300 MAh cell from 2010 so that's expected. I don't care enough to get a new one either, but they're on Amazon still. CM 7.2 is the sweet spot IMO for this phone, 2.3 was still pretty light on resources and anything after it is going to feel sluggish. There are a few browsers that cater to low end devices that work well too, like Opera or even Dolphin Zero amongst others.

I certainly learned a lot about Android and how it works with this device, and it has carried over to many others like the Evo, GS III, HTC M8, Moto X, LG G3, and plenty others I've helped friends with. I'm not quite sure why I still come over here, but I do nonetheless. That's where most of my nearly 1k posts have come from though, right here in the DINC section.

Anyway, here's to 2016!
nRgT2Uol.jpg

rudy3285

Jun 22, 2009
I haven't had my Droid Incredible as long as some of you, as I received mine as a refurbed model (I am cheap!) in Feburary of 2011; however, I am still using it on Verizon's network, running Cyanogenmod 7. It's been a pretty robust phone and I didn't expect it to last 5+ years.

I wonder how many other people still have active Droid Incredibles? Mine is likely going to be replaced soon--it hasn't been very stable the last few months. Extended use causes it to get hot and it locks up, requiring the battery to be pulled. Oftentimes when this happens, it will hang on the boot screen, too. I'm not a heavy user of my phone, but it's starting to get rather annoying, so it's time to put the Incredible out to pasture.

dcooterfrog

Dec 12, 2008
I haven't had my Droid Incredible as long as some of you, as I received mine as a refurbed model (I am cheap!) in Feburary of 2011; however, I am still using it on Verizon's network, running Cyanogenmod 7. It's been a pretty robust phone and I didn't expect it to last 5+ years.

I wonder how many other people still have active Droid Incredibles? Mine is likely going to be replaced soon--it hasn't been very stable the last few months. Extended use causes it to get hot and it locks up, requiring the battery to be pulled. Oftentimes when this happens, it will hang on the boot screen, too. I'm not a heavy user of my phone, but it's starting to get rather annoying, so it's time to put the Incredible out to pasture.

I use mine everyday as a media player in my car. I am running evervolved ( kitkat) but no phone service
new batteries are cheap on amazon i have used this as a backup. evevolved has mms issues but if you use the verizon messaging app its all good. I hear that there are video camera issues, but i have taken less than 10 vidies on ALL my phones.

odracir78

Jul 30, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello guys, 2021 it's approaching and I still own my Incredible. Who else?
It's still working but it's a CDMA and have no plan with it. Not interested in aquiring one either.

So, thinking in bringing it back to a useful life found this thread.
Is anyone still around that can share some ideas on how can I make my Droid useful??, i guess it would all begin with a ROM, right? ;)

stuckj

Feb 11, 2013
I still have mine running tiny's version of CM10. It runs well enough, but I don't use it for much. Occasionally as a sound machine or a baby monitor for the little one in a pinch. The battery (3rd battery I think?) is starting to expand again though. And, since I also have a Galaxy S4, Nexus 5X, and Google Pixel leftover as old phones I'm finding less use for it.

The Galaxy S4 has had the most longevity for me. It's a Verizon model that I rooted very shortly after I got it (still has the original and only exploitable bootloader on it). That thing's running the latest Android 11 on it even though it's like 7 years old now.

I think the Incredible would have lastest longer with developer focus on updates if there weren't such complications with storage space (actual usable fast storage is small). I still like the form factor. I wish there were more small phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 2776902
    Welcome to 2015 Droid Incredible! This thing will be 5 years old soon, crazy! For some of us, this was our first smartphone, or our first foray into the world of Android.

I got mine on launch day April 29, 2010. Stood outside of Verizon in a line waiting to get my hands on it.

GXzZpVsl.png

Anyone else out there still hanging on to theirs? I've got mine and while it's taken quite a beating over time it still functions 100%. I've been through seven other phones since, and the Incredible holds the crown of longest continuous usage of two and a half years before upgrading (held out for the GS III when it launched). I've kept it because A. It was my first smartphone, and B. It isn't worth enough to sell :p

It still makes a great secondary device. MP3 player, camera, IP camera, WiFi browser, messaging device, game device for the kids, and others. Still running CM7.2 with an ICS theme. I've found it to be the most stable over the last 3 years and it doesn't miss a beat.

2015 folks!

IotNsaAl.jpg

I know not many still come to this ancient section of the forums, but I still see a few of you from the Incredible's hay day around here. I remember Tiny, Pons, Jermaine, ihtfp69 (skyraider), Chad, WildStang, Vernox, HeyItsLou, Chingy, cmlusco, incubus26jc, Invisiblek, Newt, wdfowty, 00McD00, and many more who made this device what it was.
    This phone is full of memories and how I got interested in Android in the first place.

Nice to see an old time Incredible user post here again.
    D
    Deleted member 2776902

Probably not many at this point, though I still find people using iPhone 3GS/4 every once in a while. Not so much with older Android devices.

The 6P is a beast and would be a good upgrade to the Moto X (I had a '14 for a decent bit of time). Last Android phone I had was the 5X last month but I sent it back because of battery life and random sluggishness getting in the way of using it. Probably software related but I'm very happy with my iPhone 6s at the moment. If I had gone with the 6P I'll bet I'd still be using it.

Yeah, my battery is pretty much shot but it's a 1300 MAh cell from 2010 so that's expected. I don't care enough to get a new one either, but they're on Amazon still. CM 7.2 is the sweet spot IMO for this phone, 2.3 was still pretty light on resources and anything after it is going to feel sluggish. There are a few browsers that cater to low end devices that work well too, like Opera or even Dolphin Zero amongst others.

I certainly learned a lot about Android and how it works with this device, and it has carried over to many others like the Evo, GS III, HTC M8, Moto X, LG G3, and plenty others I've helped friends with. I'm not quite sure why I still come over here, but I do nonetheless. That's where most of my nearly 1k posts have come from though, right here in the DINC section.

Anyway, here's to 2016!
    nRgT2Uol.jpg
    I still have mine lying around somewhere. I think I only picked it up once after I moved to the Note 2 and thought, how did I ever use such a small screen lol. Now I'm on a OnePlus One and off of Verizon.

The Incredible was my first smart phone and I'm glad it was.
    I still have mine running tiny's version of CM10. It runs well enough, but I don't use it for much. Occasionally as a sound machine or a baby monitor for the little one in a pinch. The battery (3rd battery I think?) is starting to expand again though. And, since I also have a Galaxy S4, Nexus 5X, and Google Pixel leftover as old phones I'm finding less use for it.

The Galaxy S4 has had the most longevity for me. It's a Verizon model that I rooted very shortly after I got it (still has the original and only exploitable bootloader on it). That thing's running the latest Android 11 on it even though it's like 7 years old now.

I think the Incredible would have lastest longer with developer focus on updates if there weren't such complications with storage space (actual usable fast storage is small). I still like the form factor. I wish there were more small phones.